Thread: m5board registration

My Cars
    1990 M3, 2004 M3

Unhappy m5board registration

I created an account at m5board.com weeks ago, and I still can't post. Am I an idiot or did all the moderators die?

My Cars
    1996 m3 coupe
    It took like 3 months for me to be able to post

My Cars
    1990 M3, 2004 M3
    Not a ringing endorsement for that board...

I was finally registered shortly after posting this here...

My Cars
    1995 740i, 1983 633csi
    Well then maybe it will help me to. Bought an M5 last week and registered on the board. Crickets. How long can it really take? I run a forum as well. Not as large but also not the advertising dollars coming in either, yet I respond in one day. If it wasn't the go to resource, I'd tell them to take a jump.....

My Cars
    1990 M3, 2004 M3
    That's the thing about go-to resources...The hard part is building the community. Once you have that, you pretty much have a lock.

Pretty much every forum on the web is run commercially, on shit software, including these. It's a bummer.

It ended up taking weeks for me.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I had no issues there when I had joined the forum.

I don't know about you guys but I don't often go to M5Board a lot but only to find some info that I really need. I don't stay active on that forum and follow a lot of trending threads, as much as I love and enjoy being on this forum. However, you will find all the necessary M5 information over there than you'll find it here. It's just that I don't find that site as appealing as BF.c does to me.

My Cars
    '95 M3| '98 M3 | '03 M5
    Same issue, been about three months with no activation of account. Also sent an email to the admin email with no reply.

My Cars
    01 M5, 93 M5, 94 525iT
    I've been a member there for years and was activated right away. Are you still locked out?

Tommy L.

(oOO \ (IIII) (IIII) / OOo)
    -o- (##########) -o-

2001 BMW LMB M5 Euro LHD
    Bilstein PSS
    Black Kidneys
    Matte Black Style 65
    Alpine iXA-W404 Head Unit
    Alpine MRV-F 340 Amp
    Boston Acoustics Pro components
    Alpine MRP-M450 Amp
    Infinity Kappa 102.7W Sub x2
    Last edited by Kingpin025; 01-06-2016 at 05:20 AM.

My Cars
    2001 M5
    I am locked out from posting and it has been a couple weeks. First forum I had been on that was like that. Lots of good info there, but do not like some of the attitude I have seen in some of the posts.

My Cars
    01 M5, 93 M5, 94 525iT
    You'll see that attitude in most forums from a few individuals. The other thing that will most likely get you attitude is if you ask something that has been asked many times before and it's obvious there wasn't a search completed before the post. Great bunch of people for the most part though.
    Tommy L.

(
    oOO \ (IIII) (IIII) / OOo)

-o- (##########) -o-

2001 BMW M5 LMB
    LHD Euro
    Bilstein PSS, Black Kidneys, Dinan Rear Anti-sway Bar, Matte Black Style 65, UUC SSK w/DSSR, Alpine iLX-007, Alpine MRV-F 340 Amp, Boston Acoustics Pro components, Alpine MRP-M450 Amp, Infinity Kappa 102.7W Sub x2

Current Garage:

1993 BMW M5
    1994 BMW 525i Touring 5spd
    2004 Ford SVT Lightning

My Cars
    2000 Jeep Wrangler
    Same situation for me. Looking to purchase my first E39 M5 and I've seen quite a few great examples go through their classifieds but I have no way of contacting most of them due to the inability to post/PM/etc.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i/6 M-Sport
    Same here. Registered 2 weeks ago and my account still hasn't been activated. I actually have an M5 now too.

My Cars
    01 M5, 93 M5, 94 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamnotagolem View Post
    Same here. Registered 2 weeks ago and my account still hasn't been activated. I actually have an M5 now too.
    Did you receive an email immediately after you signed up that you needed to follow a link to complete your registration? Almost every forum sends an email out like that. If you didn't follow the link you wouldn't be completely registered. Check your junk folder also. Same screen name?
    Tommy L.

(
    oOO \ (IIII) (IIII) / OOo)

-o- (##########) -o-

2001 BMW M5 LMB
    LHD Euro
    Bilstein PSS, Black Kidneys, Dinan Rear Anti-sway Bar, Matte Black Style 65, UUC SSK w/DSSR, Alpine iLX-007, Alpine MRV-F 340 Amp, Boston Acoustics Pro components, Alpine MRP-M450 Amp, Infinity Kappa 102.7W Sub x2

Current Garage:

1993 BMW M5
    1994 BMW 525i Touring 5spd
    2004 Ford SVT Lightning

My Cars
    2003 BMW M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin025 View Post
    Did you receive an email immediately after you signed up that you needed to follow a link to complete your registration? Almost every forum sends an email out like that. If you didn't follow the link you wouldn't be completely registered. Check your junk folder also. Same screen name?
    You get the registration confirmation, but after you confirm your account and login, it doesn't let you post. You get a message like this.

bigredtankm5socal, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    My username on there is bigredtankm5socal. I signed up about 10 days ago and can't post yet.

Been a lurker for years. Signing up because I'm selling my E39 2003 M5:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5649799971.html
    Last edited by bigredtankm5sd; 07-09-2016 at 07:25 PM.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i/6 M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin025 View Post
    Yes I did. I followed all of the instructions to the letter. Then did it again 2 weeks later just to be sure. Yes, I'm using the same screen name.

The thing that sucks is I'm actually having an issue with my M5 and the fix for it has been posted in the past as a .pdf. Since I'm not an approved member, I can't open it. So my car sits... Maddening to say the least.

If any of you can direct me to a contact there, I'd be very grateful.

My Cars
    1990 M3, 2004 M3
    I guess it just takes time. Seems like a lazy o heavy-handed way to combat spam.

If you have a link for that PDF, I can get it to you.

My Cars
    E39 M5 - E46 330Ci
    All yall gotta do is go to the classifieds section and post 'GLWS' and comment on ppls cars. Can be able to post in a couple days just gotta reach a certain amount of posts. M5Board is a little bit more of a prestigious site and with so many BMW experts/veterans. Nobody want to see new threads popping up about how to change the airfilter and your ebrake doesnt work good.

Crazy how its free to be a member and be amongst ppl with such deep pockets and vast knowledge about out E39's.

My Cars
    1990 M3, 2004 M3
    Meh. The value is in the community. Look at s14.net. Possibly the worst forum software I've ever seen, and it seems to be run by a fairly prickly individual...and yet...if you have an E30 M3, you're on there somewhere.

If everybody just up and walked over to a modern forum running Discourse or something, they'd all be happier, but hey. Facebook is Facebook almost solely because other people are on Facebook.

My Cars
    E39 M5 - E46 330Ci
    I totally agree, but for example signing up for this forum is very easy - start posting threads right after registration. But its deaaaad, at least the M section, because all the real players are on M5Board. On the reg E39 section you got people asking what the sports mode button does on the steptronic, that kinda stuff chases away the real players.
    M5Board makes it harder to sign up than to google 'what is a check engine light' so the lazy rookies take the google route rather than starting threads.

My Cars
    1994 BMW e36 conv.
    I registered and verified my email a few days ago but in still waiting for an admin to verify.

Any help is appreciated,

Mark

My Cars
    '13.5 GLI, '71 CB350
    I'm in the same boat. I'm the super lurker on quite a few sites (this one included). I'm looking to pick up an E39 M5, but can't accomplish anything without M5 Board. It's the only place I can find with enthusiast-owned E39 M's.

Can anyone get in touch with someone over there on my behalf to get me activated? I have the same username on all forums, "spazzyfry123"

Thanks everyone!
    Tyler

My Cars
    1991 Supra 1jz w/t78
    Yep. I finally purchased an M5 and have been signed up on m5board for a few months. I sent an email to the contact info on the site. I know that is the owner and not a mod but I don't know what else to do. It is kind of ridiculous and I would love to start participating. It's not like there are tons of these cars out there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk