Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: East Coast_Tri-State_Bear Mtn ///M Coupe gathering – Sept. 27th

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe & 1968 2002

East Coast_Tri-State_Bear Mtn ///M Coupe gathering – Sept. 27th

I would like to start a local East Coast meetup much like what Jeremy does on the Oregon coast and Jon up in Colorado.

Please let me know if Sunday, September 27th would work for people. I currently have over 5 people confirmed with several more expressing interest. I will be checking this thread for interested owners. Please respond or DM your cell number and email so I can add you to my distribution list. Below is a sample of what we have coming together for this inaugural event:

· S54 Alpine White – 1 of 2 with dark grey
    · Larry’s Livery equipped Steel Gray is confirmed
    · S52 with 3,450 miles
    · Nick’s Imola Red S52 – youngest Coupe owner in the country , if not the world
    · S54 fully race prepped – original owner
    · Arslan is in with his Imola Red beauty
    · S54 Imola Red with all the ACS bits
    · I have owners from PA & MA showing interest

My goal is to get this better organized in the next few days and then blast it to a wider audience.

Viva Cartel!

My Cars
    Coupe
    What states are we talking about?

What's the record for youngest coupe owner? I might beat this...

My Cars
    01MCoup-02WRX-04MCS-86TV
    maybe in a year or two! coupe is currently in CA...

1999 - S52 - E36/8 - Alpine White over Imola Red

My Cars
    '00 Z3 M Coupe +...
    Adding "just another silver/black one" to the event, count me as a "yes" for the 27th if it comes together that date. Since this'll be a 4+ hour drive for us, and it looks like this is on US 202, which runs past my house here in Philly area, I'll make a weekend of it and drive up the day before and stay somewhere nice in the area. I'll be bringing my lovely co-pilot. Any suggestions on a nice place to stay in the area, an "event HQ" as it were?
    Chris
    1999 M Coupe, Evergreen
    2000 332 iT 6 spd RWD S54 Sport = DD, Orient blue
    Past: 1998 540i 6-speed, Estoril Blue (BMW Individual) - New home in Iowa
    Past: 2000 M Coupe, TiAG - New Home in Austin, TX
    Southeastern PA

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Is this Harriman State Park in NY?
    Kelvin

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe & 1968 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EBlue540 View Post
    Adding "just another silver/black one" to the event, count me as a "yes" for the 27th if it comes together that date. Since this'll be a 4+ hour drive for us, and it looks like this is on US 202, which runs past my house here in Philly area, I'll make a weekend of it and drive up the day before and stay somewhere nice in the area. I'll be bringing my lovely co-pilot. Any suggestions on a nice place to stay in the area, an "event HQ" as it were?
    Thank you Sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy147 View Post
    What states are we talking about?

Currently we have CT, NY, NY, PA, highly likely MA - we have love for FL, so BRING IT!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    Is this Harriman State Park in NY?
    Yes, that is what I was thinking. We could meet around/at Lake Tiorati at Harriman State Park, eat some lunch and meet each other. Proceed to rip around Seven Lakes Drive and anywhere else appropriate and then call it a day. Please join - we have love for VA, so BRING IT!

My Cars
    Y2K 2.5 , '01 3.0 Cpe
    1) Bear Mountain Inn is a nice hotel, very historic and picturesque
    2) Seven Lakes Drive - a) is not a nicely kept roadway and b) has lots of surveillance - both observations are from a few years ago, when a bike run had the same idea. There are many snakey roads in the area though.
    3) Open to only M-Coupes?
    Suck, bang, blow - that's what it's all about.

2000 Z3, 2.3L Roadster, Blk / 2001 Z3 Coupe, 3.0 , Hell Rot II / 2000 Road Star 1.6L ( bike) Blk w/flames
    '04 Suzuki Savage .65L Grey ( our loaner bike ) / '04 Astro ( HMS Hellion) Ship - see http://thebrigands.com for pics
    / '94 Brand H Del Sol

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by wrench13 View Post
    1) Bear Mountain Inn is a nice hotel, very historic and picturesque
    2) Seven Lakes Drive - a) is not a nicely kept roadway and b) has lots of surveillance - both observations are from a few years ago, when a bike run had the same idea. There are many snakey roads in the area though.
    3) Open to only M-Coupes?
    1) Agreed
    2) a) I was there a few weeks ago and it's freshly paved for the most part. I take it from rt17 all the way past two of the lakes to rt6 something. b) have never seen a cop there. But you never know.
    3) M-Coupes only? How about a Roady with a Hamann Hardtop? I live 30 minutes away from this.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Put me as a "maybe". I have a wedding the night before, I may not be making it depending on when I get home.

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    Coupe
    My vote is something in FL. But, that's just me.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe & 1968 2002
    EDIT: We are planning on meeting early in the morning now. An updated agenda will be posted soon. Below plan no longer valid.

The initial response has been strong and we are moving ahead. Here are my thoughts. It just so happens that the Bear Mountain Inn ($239/night) is hosting their Oktoberfest that weekend, it will be located at the Anthony Wayne Recreation Area, inside the park off the Palisades Interstate Parkway beginning at 12:00pm. I think we should meet in the parking lot for some pictures at 10:00am (they suggest getting there early, popular event, $8 parking fee), go right in at noon for a German lunch (free event), and then back out for our drive at 1:00pm, ending at/around 3:00pm for a final photo shoot.

I Googled the parking lot and it looks open enough for some decent pictures, maybe we get lucky and find some German beer maids for the photo shoot. I will go this weekend and scope out the drive, I have been several times this summer and have found the roads to be really good, never have seen any cops but we should probably keep it somewhat conservative in nature (yeah right).

If you are interested in coming to this event or would like to be added to my local database for future events, please DM your cell number and email address, car details would be nice too.

This is a Coupe Cartel sanctioned event, we are planning on being included in this month’s newsletter with both Jeremy and Jon showing their full support. With that said, we have love for the entire 368 family and you are all welcome.

It looks like we have close to 10 people confirmed in the pre-marketing stage, I think we can really make this into a great gathering. I will continue to post here, including an agenda soon. I have also created an email group for confirmed attendees that will provide more granular instructions. You can expect that I will be there early that day and likely stay late as the host.

Many thanks for your interest,
    Milton Koenigsberger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimm6 View Post
    1) Agreed
    2) a) I was there a few weeks ago and it's freshly paved for the most part. I take it from rt17 all the way past two of the lakes to rt6 something. b) have never seen a cop there. But you never know.
    3) M-Coupes only? How about a Roady with a Hamann Hardtop? I live 30 minutes away from this.
    A Roady with Hamann Hardtop is always welcome, please DM me your contact details Sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post
    Put me as a "maybe". I have a wedding the night before, I may not be making it depending on when I get home.
    Your ///M Coupe would be a great addition. Please DM me your details.

- - - Updated - - -

My vote is something in FL. But, that's just me.
    It appears that you live in Orlando, ground zero to all things ///M Coupe. You should pay a visit to the old wise one, Mpire, he will teach you well young grasshopper.
    Last edited by funmilton; 09-18-2015 at 04:17 PM.

My Cars
    M2, 1M, M cpe, 993, NSX
    Hi,

New owner of an S54. I am in, assuming I have my M coupe by then.

thank you
    Glenn
    Follow me on Your Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWT...iVSFmK7nz6Q5_w

Current Rides (6):
    2016 BMW M2
    2011 BMW 1M
    2001 S54 M Coupe
    2015 GLA 45 AMG
    2005 Acura NSX
    1996 Porsche 993 Turbo
    2014 Jeep Cherokee
    Past:
    2008 BMW M3 sedan Interlagos Blue
    2003 BMW M3 LSB
    2007 Lotus Exige S
    1995 Acura NSX
    2008 Porsche Cayman S
    2004 Honda S2000
    2014 CLA 45 AMG
    2002 Porsche 996 C4S
    2002 Corvette Z06
    15 other sports cars

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe & 1968 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
    Hi,

thank you
    Glenn
    Glad to hear that you found your Coupe Glenn. What did you get? Really interested in meeting you, I am on the fence about ordering a M2, I am curious to hear your thoughts on 1M value once the M2 is released. Did BMW confirm manual transmission? Did they share any production numbers or colors offered?

Quiet the stable you have there.
    Last edited by funmilton; 09-10-2015 at 06:24 PM.

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe
    That's a busy weekend for me, but I'll try to make it. If the weather is nice, it will be in the Roadster rather than the Coupe. Snow's coming soon; need to make the most of the topless weekends!
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    2002 BMW M Roadster

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, E39 M5
    Hi,

thank you
    Glenn
    Congratulations Glenn, what did you get?!

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting question, I believe Nick is currently the youngest at 18. I know Andrei got his at 18 or 19.

How old are you? I might get the title for youngest S54 owner.
    Sold: 1998 Cosmos Black 328i Sedan
    Current: 2001 Laguna Seca Blue M Coupe, 2003 LeMans Blue M5
    Daily: 2018 Shadow Black Raptor
    Wife: 2013 Alpine White X5 35i
    Contact Me: MDICTED@gmail.com
    Instagram: MDICTED

My Cars
    M2, 1M, M cpe, 993, NSX
    Quote Originally Posted by funmilton View Post
    Glad to hear that you found your Coupe Glenn. What did you get? Really interested in meeting you, I am on the fence about ordering a M2, I am curious to hear your thoughts on 1M value once the M2 is released. Did BMW confirm manual transmission? Did they share any production numbers or colors offered?

Quiet the stable you have there.
    Thanks. I'm a car nut to the highest degree, LOL. I don't think there is a better car than the 1M so I don't think the M2 will do anything to hurt the 1M's value. They only made 740 1M 's and many were trashed at the track so not many good ones left, kinda like the S54 M coupe. If it does hurt the 1M value, I don't care, the car is a keeper and that says a lot from a guy who never keeps a car very long.

The M2's will be limited but I hear about 3.000 will be built so it won't have the resale of the 1M. The M2 will have two transmission choices DCT or Manual, I am getting the manual. There are only four color choices for the M2 for the first year of production, Long Beach Blue, black, white, and grey. I am going with the blue.

i look forward to meeting everyone on the 20th, I hope we meet early in the morning, I have to be at my neice's birthday party in central jersey by lunch.

follow me on Instagram to see pictures of all my cars: glenns_car_collection. My M coupe is pictured there. It's not in my possession just yet.

Glenn

Current Rides (6):
    2016 BMW M2
    2011 BMW 1M
    2001 S54 M Coupe
    2015 GLA 45 AMG
    2005 Acura NSX
    1996 Porsche 993 Turbo
    2014 Jeep Cherokee
    Past:
    2003 BMW M3 LSB
    2007 Lotus Exige S
    1995 Acura NSX
    2008 Porsche Cayman S
    2004 Honda S2000
    2014 CLA 45 AMG
    2002 Porsche 996 C4S
    2002 Corvette Z06
    15 other sports cars

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, '05 Legacy GT, Rotax kart!
    Nice to meet you at Lime Rock. I have the Green S52.

I look forward to meeting everyone else on the 27th!

thanks for organizing it,

John

My Cars
    M2, 1M, M cpe, 993, NSX
    Quote Originally Posted by exartist View Post

John
    I was at Lime Rock as well, for the car show on Sunday. I brought the BMW 1M (it's orange).

Glenn

Current Rides (6):
    2016 BMW M2
    2011 BMW 1M
    2001 S54 M Coupe
    2015 GLA 45 AMG
    2005 Acura NSX
    1996 Porsche 993 Turbo
    2014 Jeep Cherokee
    Past:
    2003 BMW M3 LSB
    2007 Lotus Exige S
    1995 Acura NSX
    2008 Porsche Cayman S
    2004 Honda S2000
    2014 CLA 45 AMG
    2002 Porsche 996 C4S
    2002 Corvette Z06
    15 other sports cars

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, '05 Legacy GT, Rotax kart!
    I was at Lime Rock as well, for the car show on Sunday. I brought the BMW 1M (it's orange). Glenn
    Noticed it! Very nice car. It's the first one I've seen in person.

My Cars
    M2, 1M, M cpe, 993, NSX
    Noticed it! Very nice car. It's the first one I've seen in person.
    Funny story regarding Lime Rock. while I was unpacking the car, an older gentleman comes up to the car and stares at it, he calls his friend over and says "You got to see this car". His friend comes over and both look at the car closely to see what kind of BMW it is. I am watching the whole thing but not saying anything.

His friend finally shouts out "I know what kind of car this is, its the new 3 Series". They both were so excited, so I kept silent and didn't say a thing.

Glenn

Current Rides (6):
    2016 BMW M2
    2011 BMW 1M
    2001 S54 M Coupe
    2015 GLA 45 AMG
    2005 Acura NSX
    1996 Porsche 993 Turbo
    2014 Jeep Cherokee
    Past:
    2003 BMW M3 LSB
    2007 Lotus Exige S
    1995 Acura NSX
    2008 Porsche Cayman S
    2004 Honda S2000
    2014 CLA 45 AMG
    2002 Porsche 996 C4S
    2002 Corvette Z06
    15 other sports cars

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe & 1968 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Driver4 View Post
    That's a busy weekend for me, but I'll try to make it. If the weather is nice, it will be in the Roadster rather than the Coupe. Snow's coming soon; need to make the most of the topless weekends!
    That would be great if you could make it. Please DM me your cell number / email address for further details and future events.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I'm a car nut to the highest degree, LOL. I don't think there is a better car than the 1M so I don't think the M2 will do anything to hurt the 1M's value. They only made 740 1M 's and many were trashed at the track so not many good ones left, kinda like the S54 M coupe. If it does hurt the 1M value, I don't care, the car is a keeper and that says a lot from a guy who never keeps a car very long.

The M2's will be limited but I hear about 3.000 will be built so it won't have the resale of the 1M. The M2 will have two transmission choices DCT or Manual, I am getting the manual. There are only four color choices for the M2 for the first year of production, Long Beach Blue, black, white, and grey. I am going with the blue.

i look forward to meeting everyone on the 20th, I hope we meet early in the morning, I have to be at my neice's birthday party in central jersey by lunch.

follow me on Instagram to see pictures of all my cars: glenns_car_collection. My M coupe is pictured there. It's not in my possession just yet.

Glenn
    Thanks for the info on the 1M.... I saw your car at Lime Rock and actually took some pictures of it, what a beauty. Need to get something for my 50th birthday in a few years.... 1M or a M2 individual package (thinking Signal Green or Dakar Yellow) or my ultimate dream a S65 ///M Coupe.

- - - Updated - - -

John
    It was nice meeting you too John. Thank you for coming down from MA for the event.

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe
    If I had mine back I'd attend it's only ~4 hour drive for me from S. NH.

My Cars
    M2, 1M, M cpe, 993, NSX
    If we are going to drive 7 Lakes, Perkins Hwy, go to the observatory, etc I suggest driving early in the morning. We drive these roads a lot with the NSX club, etc and we usually meet around 7-7:30 am to get all the driving done early and then finish with a lunch. These roads clog up with sightseers and campers by late morning, especially during peak foliage.

this is just a suggestion, I will do whatever the group wishes.

glenn

Current Rides (6):
    2016 BMW M2
    2011 BMW 1M
    2001 S54 M Coupe
    2015 GLA 45 AMG
    2005 Acura NSX
    1996 Porsche 993 Turbo
    2014 Jeep Cherokee
    Past:
    2003 BMW M3 LSB
    2007 Lotus Exige S
    1995 Acura NSX
    2008 Porsche Cayman S
    2004 Honda S2000
    2014 CLA 45 AMG
    2002 Porsche 996 C4S
    2002 Corvette Z06
    15 other sports cars

My Cars
    Y2K 2.5 , '01 3.0 Cpe
    Early is better for me , and I think for zippin around that area. NYRenn Faire in Tuxedo is also open now, so lots of cars on the road.
    Suck, bang, blow - that's what it's all about.

2000 Z3, 2.3L Roadster, Blk / 2001 Z3 Coupe, 3.0 , Hell Rot II / 2000 Road Star 1.6L ( bike) Blk w/flames
    '04 Suzuki Savage .65L Grey ( our loaner bike ) / '04 Astro ( HMS Hellion) Ship - see http://thebrigands.com for pics
    / '94 Brand H Del Sol

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe & 1968 2002
    OK, I agree too, earlier is always better. I will work on resetting the agenda here shortly once I get thru the Monday workload. Plenty of time to properly organize this into a great annual event. Thanks for the feedback!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast