Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with very lean condition at idle.

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    by the way. that evap vap you had that was getting hot. I had the same issue.

My Cars
    Z3 Turbo Ferrari 328gts
    have you ever heard of using i resistor in it place, it seems to work fine.
    Last edited by Turbo E36; 09-16-2015 at 10:13 PM.
    2001 Z3M S52 OBX T4 Top Mount, GTX3582R T4 1.06, 66MM Compressor, 3 Inch IC Pipes,HPX, Wiseco 8-1, Ported Head, Carrillo Pro​ Rods, CES Cut Ring, 3.5 Exhaust, ARP, Big FMI, Turbonetics Gate Fender Exit, 2 Walbro Pumps, UUC 6 Puck Ceramic, Aluminum Flywheel. With working A/C.

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    I run an aem infinity standalone engine controller. I dont need to fool out a CEL. the problem is in where the ground side of the valve ties into all one of the ground carrying junctions. when the OEM grounds are screwed with and an OEM ground path disappears it piggybacks its ground needs off another barely capable ground path and limits current to the coils/injectors if I recall correctly.

My Cars
    Z3 Turbo Ferrari 328gts
    Quote Originally Posted by bry195 View Post
    great news! now stop restoring vettes and figure out a way to stuff one of the new Borg Warner turbos into that thing and show us how to do it! If you make it down to Tampa with the car let me know. I dont see allot of boosted bimmers.
    I will be in Tampa in 4 weeks to delivering a 1972 Corvette im finishing a restoration on now but wont have the BMW with me, in driving the vette down and flying home, But i do Race Offshore Power Boats and race many times a year down your way and will have the BMW with me than, Next race that close to you i will look you up and take you for a ride in the BMW and in a 200+ mph 50 foot cat.Thanks for your help.
    2001 Z3M S52 OBX T4 Top Mount, GTX3582R T4 1.06, 66MM Compressor, 3 Inch IC Pipes,HPX, Wiseco 8-1, Ported Head, Carrillo Pro​ Rods, CES Cut Ring, 3.5 Exhaust, ARP, Big FMI, Turbonetics Gate Fender Exit, 2 Walbro Pumps, UUC 6 Puck Ceramic, Aluminum Flywheel. With working A/C.

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo E36 View Post
    I will be in Tampa in 4 weeks to delivering a 1972 Corvette im finishing a restoration on now but wont have the BMW with me, in driving the vette down and flying home, But i do Race Offshore Power Boats and race many times a year down your way and will have the BMW with me than, Next race that close to you i will look you up and take you for a ride in the BMW and in a 200+ mph 50 foot cat.Thanks for your help.
    Yea, let me know. is it customary to wear a parachute and scuba tank at the same time? Im curious if I will need kidneys for the rest of my life. Sounds fun, hit me up.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    This ever got solved? So I am having this same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    Big vacuum leak
    So a massive Vac leak now is it? hmmm..

Bought a cheap fog machine online, got it here now will pump some into the system tomorrow and see if its coming out, if its that big surely will come out. I was getting fine till all of a sudden after stepping on the gas few secs later the car dropped revs and recorded both bank 1 and 2 errors (fuel trim) and then started idling around 20 and 22!
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    Z3 Turbo Ferrari 328gts
    I changed over to OBD2, Runs great now..
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    This ever got solved? So I am having this same issue

So a massive Vac leak now is it? hmmm..

Bought a cheap fog machine online, got it here now will pump some into the system tomorrow and see if its coming out, if its that big surely will come out. I was getting fine till all of a sudden after stepping on the gas few secs later the car dropped revs and recorded both bank 1 and 2 errors (fuel trim) and then started idling around 20 and 22!

My Cars
    One Too Many
    so what was the problem?
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    1997 E36 323i Coupe
    Misterm52 did you ever find out the solution? Ive got the same issue! Idling at 21-22 afr. Ive got tye sc14 setup aswell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12