Thread: 1990 BMW 325is Oil leak help

My Cars
    1990 bmw 325is

1990 BMW 325is Oil leak help

So my 1990 325is seams to have an oil leak but im not really sure where. I think its the oil pan but would like for some of you guys to help me out and I have made a video about it so show you so please watch it and send me feedback. thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ypYwMfOr48

My Cars
    '87 325e ~ 1990 325i
    Could be the oil pan. When did you put a new crush washer on the oil drain plug?

My Cars
    1990 bmw 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisebimmer View Post
    Could be the oil pan. When did you put a new crush washer on the oil drain plug?
    I recently bought it from someone so im not sure.

My Cars
    87 325is
    Rather than throwing parts and labor at the problem while hoping for a favorable outcome, it would be a lot better to find out where the leak(s) are.

There are two ways you can do that. One is to throughly clean the engine and watch for the first sign of oil (see . Another is to add dye to the oil and search for the leak(s) with a UV lamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Rather than throwing parts and labor at the problem while hoping for a favorable outcome, it would be a lot better to find out where the leak(s) are.

There are two ways you can do that. One is to throughly clean the engine and watch for the first sign of oil (see . Another is to add dye to the oil and search for the leak(s) with a UV lamp.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL