Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northeast League of Idiots Invite - Idiot Fest 2015

My Cars
    '85 635 CSi A 5 Sp TCD Stage II

Northeast League of Idiots Invite - Idiot Fest 2015

2015 Idiot Fest : Weekend of Oct 02 ~ 04

Sept. 06

Folks,

It’s that bitter sweet time of year again for us Northeasterners as summer starts to undeniably fade into Autumn and the equinox looms dragging the inevitable winter solstice behind it.
    Other than whisky (and lots of it) there is an annual curative non-event that stands out like a shining beacon mitigating the melancholia of pending winter storage, frozen toes and runny noses. I speak, of course, of the world renowned Northeast Idiot Fest now in its sixth year of proudly wasting otherwise intelligent men and women’s weekends when they really should be at home raking leaves or inventing a better mouse trap or getting a haircut or helping little Johnny with his algebra or getting groceries or falling in love or removing those unsightly warts or fixing the toilet or composing sonnets in flawless iambic pentameter or harvesting the home turnip patch or learning to play the saxophone like John Coltrane…………I mean, anything but this !
    The event is open to anyone idiotic enough to show up and while we, of course, prefer E24’s or other older BMW’s you are most welcome to show up in any kind of vehicle at all (except, that is, a PT Cruiser……any of these daring to intrude will suffer the vehicle to be stoned to a horrible dented death and then see it traded to the nearest wrecking yard for a couple of cases of beer) as it is all about the people. We don’t care how fubarocious your car looks or if you know shit from ice cream about mechanical stuff or sport a Trumpian hair do. There is no concours , no organized tech seminars, no registration fees or, for that matter, formal registration at all although do try and drop me a quick e mail at
    baddog@videotron.ca ( N.B that that is dot ca NOT dot com )
    if you plan on attending just so we know who to look out for.
    So here are the where’s, what’s and when’s but the why’s are between you and your Maker & your wife / significant other or conscience.

Friday October 02 through to Sunday October 04
    Base motel will be the :
    Capra Inn Motel
    • Tel: (607) 637-1600
    521 W Main St, Hancock, NY 13783

Rooms are equipped with two double beds and are $ 65.00 / night including taxes and $ 75.00 / night for double occupancy. I just this morning booked my room with Gene (the owner) and there are 6 rooms left blocked off for us self confessed imbeciles so I suggest you book now if you are certain of coming. Mention the BMW event when booking
    The Capra does not seem to have a website but there is some very positive commentary here including a review I wrote back in 2012 when we benighted the motel the last time:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Revi..._New_York.html

Friday : Everyone shows up from whereverthehell they come from, we have a few belts & laughs and head out to find some dinner……more belts , more laughs.

Saturday: Anticipated departure of about 10:00 AM of the annual Lemmingquest convoying cruise. Exact route still to be announced by our omniscient tour guide, Ron Suabedissen, but we will for sure be heading north and likely lunching here:
    www.andeshotel.com
    then looping back to the Capra Inn.
    Find some grub and then more belts, more laughs and try to avoid falling into the river.

Sunday: Whatever the heck we want to do….we’re adults after all (finally !) .

This year’s Idiot Fest theme song is Weird Al Yankovic’s ‘Canadian Idiot’ that Dr. Barber assures me was inspired by moi .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjLQ6uCw2g8

Hope to see old and new friends there !
    Taylor

My Cars
    1987 BMW M6
    A noble declaration Mr. Marshall. The route and luncheon will likely be as you assumed although I am going to explore alternatives. Long live the Idiots, Suab

My Cars
    '83 E24 Alpina B9, '87 J-spec M6, '90 E34 B10 BT
    We're booked!

My Cars
    86 635csi 98 740i 96 MB
    Booked

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    Well my son has his ACT exam coming up and I decided what better reading passage to test him on other than one penned by our own Taylor. He read it three times and I read it four times. We think the premise is a bunch of people meeting in the middle of nowhere.....sounds good to me!
    Rob E3

My Cars
    1979 635csi 1991 850i
    I suppose I am banned after the rather explosive "Oxbow Incident" last year.

My Cars
    Nah. Maybe we can do lasers this year!

- - - Updated - - -

...or drones

My Cars
    I suppose I am banned after the rather explosive "Oxbow Incident" last year.
    gawdno....it wouldn't be the same event without your august presence and I'm counting on you to show up. But perhaps you could limit the pyrotechnics this year to lighting farts and your usual coruscating commentary on most everything

Rob,
    Please e mail me your e mail address so I can put you on the update mailings....it's missing from the FBI (Federal Bureau of Idiocy) central registry for reasons unknown to me.
    T.

My Cars
    1979 635csi 1991 850i
    Taylor,
    I just booked a room. I will not do the dastardly deed of last year....BUT, I expect to see YOU on all fours howling at the moon as you did last year!!!
    Linwood (once known as "The Wood In The Hood")

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    LM: Not allowed to show without the home made whitefish.
    Rob E3

My Cars
    1979 635csi 1991 850i
    The whitefish are ready and willing to die and be smoked for this most important event. Will there be a need to make a call in advance to book space in the ER at the local hospital for anyone who does not survive the "hot pepper eating event"? Will Anita be the champion for the 2nd year in a row? Will it be cold enough to burn lawn furniture in a firepit? Stay tuned!!!

My Cars
    1984 Euro 635
    Quote Originally Posted by Linwood Mingis View Post
    Taylor,
    I just booked a room. I will not do the dastardly deed of last year....BUT, I expect to see YOU on all fours howling at the moon as you did last year!!!
    Linwood (once known as "The Wood In The Hood")
    What, no Oxbow Incident this year? Dang

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in. See you there. Wherever that is...
    '84 Euro 635
    '88 M6 (Gone but not forgotten)

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Linwood Mingis View Post
    The whitefish are ready and willing to die and be smoked for this most important event. Will there be a need to make a call in advance to book space in the ER at the local hospital for anyone who does not survive the "hot pepper eating event"? Will Anita be the champion for the 2nd year in a row? Will it be cold enough to burn lawn furniture in a firepit? Stay tuned!!!
    No challengers on hot pepper contest. They fear me. We have to come up with other ideas for mayhem

My Cars
    1987 BMW M6
    How about a barefoot walk on all of our broken beer bottles? Sounds easier than chomping down a ghost chili to me.

My Cars
    I'll take the chilis

My Cars
    '80 633csi, '14 328dT,
    Although I promised Taylor that I would go this year when he was serenading me on moon lit Montreal summer evening, I cannot make it. My oldest son's birthday party that weekend.

Dale

My Cars
    It's totally cool, Dale. Birthdays are a big important deal at that age (unlike for me who has seen 60 of the damn things !) and need to be celebrated. Your two sons are an absolute delight ; bright, very polite, engaging and a lot of fun. Maybe you should bring them along some year and present we fellow idiots to them as kind of reverse role models so they learn not to grow up like us.
    The Dean Martin of rue Plantagenet

My Cars
    '86 635csi 5spd.
    Was about making reservation, then on 13-th I've been a real idiot and rolled my six to my own van:

Val (a.k.a. chevale)
    Stuff For Sale

My Cars
    '83 633csi
    I've got one of my cars up and running (Mini) but i wont be able to swing it! Ever since joinin the band, football weekends are big deals! That weekend we are taking on the Army football team in our stadium.

Have a blast and we'll see you guys in the spring!

cheers,

-Jeff
    1983 633csi a.k.a. Wolfie - M30B35 Swap - Getrag 265 - 3.73LSD

My Cars
    1985 BMW 635csi
    Will try to make the Saturday drive.

My Cars
    Will try to make the Saturday drive.
    Fernando, at least stay one night...that's a shite load of driving if you do it all in one day.

No challengers on hot pepper contest. They fear me. We have to come up with other ideas for mayhem
    Jeez, you are SO competitive. How about an arm wrestling competition although you'll probably trounce us all at that as well !

My Cars
    Ditto on Fernando staying one night. How about a high heal competition?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm breaking in a pair of dominatrix stilettos as we speak

My Cars
    I think Bob V. in high heels , fishnets and a garter belt smoking his customary huge stogie and packing that friggin' holstered hand gun would be a stunning hands down favourite

My Cars
    1985 BMW 635csi
    Just 1.5 hr drive for me. Did it the last time we met there. Lot's of stuff happening at home that weekend.

My Cars
    That translates would be over six feet of awesomeness!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Marshall View Post
    I think Bob V. in high heels , fishnets and a garter belt smoking his customary huge stogie and packing that friggin' holstered hand gun would be a stunning hands down favourite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast