Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Forza 6

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post

You're always like 2-3 seconds quicker. So annoying haha

My Cars
    Nothing
    I final played some rivals. Elva, you have some crazy fast times. I think I beat 1, but that was it. Knudson, Me and you are pretty similar in times. I need to play more, I only get on once a month, but this was much more fun than the normal races!!!

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post

You're always like 2-3 seconds quicker. So annoying haha
    Sorry :/ I don't like to be a lot faster, but I also don't get to actually race much so I vent my competitive urges on there, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
    I final played some rivals. Elva, you have some crazy fast times. I think I beat 1, but that was it. Knudson, Me and you are pretty similar in times. I need to play more, I only get on once a month, but this was much more fun than the normal races!!!
    Unfortunately the time you beat was in the Cortina; I can't allow that!

I agree the online racing is...tough. It's either a complete melee or (at least in my case) the guys in the lobby are all like the guys with the leaderboard cars and super-trick tunes and I can't keep up. I prefer using my own tunes, cars I think are interesting, and I never add wings if the car didn't come with them. Basically, a good way to lose...haha.
    Last edited by ELVA164; 02-01-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Sorry :/ I don't like to be a lot faster, but I also don't get to actually race much so I vent my competitive urges on there, haha. Unfortunately the time you beat was in the Cortina; I can't allow that! I agree the online racing is...tough. It's either a complete melee or (at least in my case) the guys in the lobby are all like the guys with the leaderboard cars and super-trick tunes and I can't keep up. I prefer using my own tunes, cars I think are interesting, and I never add wings if the car didn't come with them. Basically, a good way to lose...haha.
    Racing online is a joke. It's all about who can escape the first few turns without being hit.

I've never loaded a tune other than my own. I see it as cheating. My rain tunes own guys online. Then they ram me bc I am a better racer even though they might be faster. They need to make bumping more realistic. You hardly hit a guy online and you're spinning out or flipping lol

I'll go on tonight and do some rivals.

Oh and still no Ferrari for me.

My Cars
    skateboard
    I'm down for some sort of racing that isn't derby. What class would everyone be interested in racing in?
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    I'm down for some sort of racing that isn't derby. What class would everyone be interested in racing in?
    I down for whatever.

Classes A,S and R are what I enjoy the most. b can be fun but it's just too slow for me to enjoy.

I don't care what people drive or what driveline they choose in said classes.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Do I smell a private lobby? I'll do any class.

Still no Ferrari? That's messed up. Where did you say you finished, percentage-wise?
    Last edited by ELVA164; 02-01-2016 at 11:42 PM.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Do I smell a private lobby? I'll do any class. Still no Ferrari? That's messed up. Where did you say you finished, percentage-wise?
    I was 120 of 2100 or so

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    So, uh...I got a second Ferrari today. Maybe yours is on the way? I'd give it to you but they removed gifting.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Oh please lol

I'll check mine out tomorrow.

My Cars
    skateboard
    I down for whatever.

Classes A,S and R are what I enjoy the most. b can be fun but it's just too slow for me to enjoy.

I don't care what people drive or what driveline they choose in said classes.
    My gamer tag is Gjon777. Add me, and I'll game
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Will do GG.

Made top 1% on the oval at Indianapolis. Spent a couple hours at it tuning and dialing the cat in lol.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    So, uh...I got a second Ferrari today. Maybe yours is on the way? I'd give it to you but they removed gifting.
    Finally beat you with the M1! Then you went and shaved another 2 seconds off the lap time

I'm now in the professional league btw.
    Last edited by KnudsonsM3; 02-04-2016 at 04:01 PM.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Finally beat you with the M1! Then you went and shaved another 2 seconds off the lap time

I'm now in the professional league btw.
    Moving up the ranks! Hopefully this doesn't come across wrong but watch my ghost for braking points and lines! We could also do online races sometime for like a tutorial or something!

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Moving up the ranks! Hopefully this doesn't come across wrong but watch my ghost for braking points and lines! We could also do online races sometime for like a tutorial or something!
    I beat one of your times in rivals. You should check out my lines in that race haha
    Last edited by KnudsonsM3; 02-04-2016 at 11:07 PM.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I beat one of your times in rivals. You should check out my lines in that race haha
    Touche

My Cars
    Nothing
    Knudson, your times have gotten faster. I wish I had the time to really get good at this. I have never done any tuning to the cars. I simply buy a car and race it. If it suggests I auto upgrade, I do. And I rarely do a rivals race more than 3-4 laps. Usually interrupted by the kids once I get to actually finding a good line.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    PM if you want some tips for quick upgrades/tuning. Or I could post my regular process here if you guys are interested.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Touche

Knudson, your times have gotten faster. I wish I had the time to really get good at this. I have never done any tuning to the cars. I simply buy a car and race it. If it suggests I auto upgrade, I do. And I rarely do a rivals race more than 3-4 laps. Usually interrupted by the kids once I get to actually finding a good line.
    Yea I've been getting in a good groove. The main thing to get down first is the gearing. Also, gearing is very effective in slowing the car down with breaking.

PM if you want some tips for quick upgrades/tuning. Or I could post my regular process here if you guys are interested.
    I'd like to see what some of your tunes look like compared to mine. I set my cars up similar to how I have my m3 set up.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan

Yea I've been getting in a good groove. The main thing to get down first is the gearing. Also, gearing is very effective in slowing the car down with breaking.

I'd like to see what some of your tunes look like compared to mine. I set my cars up similar to how I have my m3 set up.
    Sure, which cars? Here are my rules of thumb:

I never touch tire pressure. I dunno, it never seemed to make realistic changes so I gave up on it.

I ALWAYS buy the race gearbox. I find fine-tuning gear ratios to make driving much more enjoyable, even if the car isn't quite as fast due to sacrificing an engine upgrade to fit the gearbox.

I'll admit I'm no expert when it comes to spring/damper tuning, so I usually leave them alone until I test drive and make small changes after that.

I've found sway bar adjustments to be a good way to help with mid-corner oversteer/understeer issues, assuming there aren't big issues with other parts of the suspension.

I always buy the race diff and always find adjustments to be helpful. I usually set the acceleration lockup around 55% (maybe as much as 70% in really high-hp cars) and I use the decel lockup as a way to fine-tune rotation at corner entry. I like to feather the throttle and "left-foot" brake to get the car through the corner, since I never use aftermarket downforce.

I set the brake bias at 45% front because for some ridiculous reason front bias increases stopping distances but anything less than 45% makes the car too twitchy under braking. This one is more a matter of preference as I'm sure the gains are small.

Always minimum ride height, I usually set caster to 5.5 or 6º, front camber maybe -2º and rear camber between -1º and -1.5º. There may be benefits to more negative camber but I only run bias ply in real life so radials are out of my realm.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    We tune VERY similarly.

I put front seat bar to almost full stuff and rear seat to full soft.

Tire pressure I go 31 front and 29 rear for dry tracks. Wet tracks I set 24-25 pounds.

I stiffen springs up to almost double stock setting

Race trans is a must.

I change some of the gearing so I'm at peak rpms when I shift. I don't like to bog.

I set Camber to -5. Caster to 2.0 on some courses if there's a lot of straights.

I soften the rebound on the rear a bit on high up cars

Wet, I lift the car. Dry I almost slam it.

Cams are almost always better to add for power mods first because it increases rev range.

All I can think of while sitting here bored at work

My Cars
    Nothing
    Geezz. That is getting into it!! I buy and race. LOL.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Geezz. That is getting into it!! I buy and race. LOL.
    Haha, it is a bit more of a time investment but it does make a big difference...

Here's a great example of the difference it makes. In the rivals challenge where you use the McLaren MP4/4 F1 car (the one Senna made famous), one of my friends was hugely faster on the straights than I was and I couldn't figure out why. I went basically as fast as I could manage but couldn't catch him. Then I realized you were allowed to tune the car; I immediately took two seconds off my time at Hockenheim just by removing some front and rear downforce!

My Cars
    Nothing
    Hmm, I might need to start messing with it. I just dont have the time to

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    If you want to make any car better with upgrades and without tuning, get the race gearbox, suspension, sway bars, differential, brakes, weight reduction if you can fit it, and the rest is up to you. Tire compound helps a lot, too, though going above "sport" uses a huge amount of PI points or whatever. If the race gearing seems too far off and you don't want to mess with individual ratios, just change the final drive until it suits you.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast