Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 6

My Cars
    Nothing
    Nope. There are three styles of tires. Normal, racing, drag.

I wish there was endurance races where the weather changed and you had to pit to change tires.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
    FInally did a few of the endurance races. I like them a lot.

As far as the rain, sometimes it is a tad to real. Driving down a front stretch and a straight line under partial, no, full (doesnt matter) throttle and the car WILL not go straight. Pulls so hard your into a wall unless you slow down to insanely slot. But the AI just splashes on through no problems. I know it is realistic that hitting a puddle at 150 will make you crash, but dang it sucks. (I am glad it is realistic, but I like to bitch)

I wish there were Pit Stops. And qualifying. Starting mid pack, it is impossible to win when it takes so long to get through the wrecking traffic of 15 cars ahead of you. The races I don't win, if I had 1 more lap I would. I have the AI on the hardest setting and I am faster than the lead car, but just do not have enough laps to catch them.
    You must be stupid fast to be able to catch them on that setting. Please tell me you kept some of the assists on? I'm about 2 seconds up on the leader's pace in "pro" difficulty most times, but I tried the "unbeatable" difficulty after I read this and I think I was 2 seconds slower than the leaders. Maybe I could catch them with some time, but I 100% agree the races are too short to get through all the traffic that quickly, too. Qualifying should definitely be an option. Also, having to get through all that traffic usually means you hit some people, and that messes with your drivatar's behavior.

I haven't experienced what you're talking about in the rain. Perhaps your setup could be adjusted? Ride height, alignment, and diff settings come to mind first.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I did a thing!

Those are my U.S. and World rankings for one of the Track Day challenges in the wet at Sebring. I used a bone-stock CSL. I was pretty shocked to see this when I decided to quit!

My Cars
    Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    You must be stupid fast to be able to catch them on that setting. Please tell me you kept some of the assists on? I'm about 2 seconds up on the leader's pace in "pro" difficulty most times, but I tried the "unbeatable" difficulty after I read this and I think I was 2 seconds slower than the leaders. Maybe I could catch them with some time, but I 100% agree the races are too short to get through all the traffic that quickly, too. Qualifying should definitely be an option. Also, having to get through all that traffic usually means you hit some people, and that messes with your drivatar's behavior. I haven't experienced what you're talking about in the rain. Perhaps your setup could be adjusted? Ride height, alignment, and diff settings come to mind first.
    I checked again, I was 1 below unbeatable. On unbeatable, it is not even close.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Speaking of, I've finally come to terms with Unbeatable difficulty. I didn't think so before, but it is doable. There are some races where the polesitter is multiple seconds faster than the field, though, and it's next to impossible to do in those cases with such short races.

Anyone doing the Rivals challenges? I did all of the first two categories and we could compete if you add me. I also noticed the online racing has been down for a number of days for me. That happen to anyone else?

P.S. You try setup adjustments for rain driving, Eternal?
    Last edited by ELVA164; 10-27-2015 at 10:51 PM.

My Cars
    '21 X3M
    I suck I can't even win on above average sometimes. Are you all using controllers?

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Yeah, I feel it would be easier with a wheel though. It's pretty much impossible to have smooth/accurate steering inputs with a stick.

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by 328Mike View Post
    Do they still have car clubs? Does Bimmerforums have one yet?
    No clubs this year, only these new leagues
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    Is this worth getting? I still haven't picked it up yet.

Is the driver AI better than the previous games where they just incessantly stick to the racing line regardless of if you're on it or not?

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Aus View Post
    Is this worth getting? I still haven't picked it up yet.

Is the driver AI better than the previous games where they just incessantly stick to the racing line regardless of if you're on it or not?
    Totally worth it. The AI is based off of other people who play the game, so it's a little unpredictable. Sometimes they'll just randomly crash out or try bumping into you for position. Definitely keeps single player interesting.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I agree with Gary. The biggest difference for me (aside from the "personalities" of the other cars) is the fact that your opponents recognize passing maneuvers and won't blindly turn into you just because you're alongside in their normal line. It makes it much, much easier to play "realistically" and avoid contact more often.

My Cars
    Nothing
    I agree, cars will actually let you pass. There is even a "wave by" achievement where if you are significantly faster, cars will move out of your way. If you do it enough, you get an achievement. SO the game is trying to make it realistic.

Has anyone found a way to rewind in photo mode. There have been times within the race where something cool happens and I want a photo, so I pause and go to photo mode but I cannot rewind the 2 seconds to get to the cool part. Only option is to wait till the end of the race and rewind to that part of the race, which I am not taking the time to do,

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
    I agree, cars will actually let you pass. There is even a "wave by" achievement where if you are significantly faster, cars will move out of your way. If you do it enough, you get an achievement. SO the game is trying to make it realistic.

Has anyone found a way to rewind in photo mode. There have been times within the race where something cool happens and I want a photo, so I pause and go to photo mode but I cannot rewind the 2 seconds to get to the cool part. Only option is to wait till the end of the race and rewind to that part of the race, which I am not taking the time to do,
    Oh, that's what that badge thing was. Haven't used photo mode, but it does kinda sound like the method you mentioned is the only way to do it. Anyone else notice that their drivatar appears to suck in the races it participates in? Mine seems to make almost no money for the number of races it participates in...

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    I am a GT/PS guy and recently, last week I played FM5, FH, and FM6 back-to-back and loved it totally! Hence, buying a Xbox One and FM6 soon! I went to Best Buy and told the rep that I was seriously considering getting Xbox just because I have heard so much about FM...and I played all 3 versions for like an hour and was totally floored how good it was, from the driving dynamics, to the physics etc!

My Cars
    97 328is 02 e46 330xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    I am a GT/PS guy and recently, last week I played FM5, FH, and FM6 back-to-back and loved it totally! Hence, buying a Xbox One and FM6 soon! I went to Best Buy and told the rep that I was seriously considering getting Xbox just because I have heard so much about FM...and I played all 3 versions for like an hour and was totally floored how good it was, from the driving dynamics, to the physics etc!
    Better then GT6. GT7 should be unreal. Maybe then I'll get a ps4. ....

My Cars
    '21 X3M
    If you really like that try a sim on the PC.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Would anyone be interested in some rivals and/or spec racing challenges? Online racing blows turds and I'd like to race real people!

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    Online racing blows turds and I'd like to race real people!
    Come to iRacing man.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    It sounds interesting, but I'm not feeling the setup involved on the hardware and accessory sides. I would like to try it sometime though!

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    It sounds interesting, but I'm not feeling the setup involved on the hardware and accessory sides. I would like to try it sometime though!
    What do you mean hardware and accessory sides?

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    Ok so I've put about 5 hours into this now and I absolutely love it. The rain dynamics are brilliant, the AI is much better than past games, and I love the new tracks. Easily the best one yet.
    I have all assists off and have the AI on pro setting. I almost always finish on the podium and win probably 1/3 races. I haven't tried the "unbeatable" difficulty yet.

I won a Huayra on a prize spin and just started using that to do the modern hyper car series. It's significantly more difficult than what I have been doing. I can't even go near the throttle without the wheels lighting up.

How do you guys deal with the cluster fuck that is the first corner of every single race? I can never seem to get past it without getting smashed into by other cars even if I go as wide as possible and give everyone else all the room. It seems the only way to get through it is to hang right back and concede about 3 positions to where the pack is a bit thinner.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by sjpgoalie View Post
    What do you mean hardware and accessory sides?
    PC, seat setup, all that jazz. All I've got is my Macbook Pro.

...It's PC-only, right? Maybe I'm just misinformed. I also assumed the hardware requirements would be pretty steep due to the complexity of the physics/multiplayer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Aus View Post
    Ok so I've put about 5 hours into this now and I absolutely love it. The rain dynamics are brilliant, the AI is much better than past games, and I love the new tracks. Easily the best one yet.
    I have all assists off and have the AI on pro setting. I almost always finish on the podium and win probably 1/3 races. I haven't tried the "unbeatable" difficulty yet.

I won a Huayra on a prize spin and just started using that to do the modern hyper car series. It's significantly more difficult than what I have been doing. I can't even go near the throttle without the wheels lighting up.

How do you guys deal with the cluster fuck that is the first corner of every single race? I can never seem to get past it without getting smashed into by other cars even if I go as wide as possible and give everyone else all the room. It seems the only way to get through it is to hang right back and concede about 3 positions to where the pack is a bit thinner.
    Glad you're enjoying it! It is a fun game. Unfortunately, especially in Pro and Unbeatable, the only way I've found is to just try to find a way to spear through it and come out the other side. The races are too short to wait, and the guy in the lead is always seconds faster than the field so you can't let him get away early. It's annoying, but I need to remember this isn't really a simulator, it's more of an arcade racer. Congrats on the Huayra by the way!

My gamertag is Big Red1500 if you wanna add me.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Last edited by KnudsonsM3; 02-07-2016 at 06:08 PM.

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    PC, seat setup, all that jazz. All I've got is my Macbook Pro.

...It's PC-only, right? Maybe I'm just misinformed. I also assumed the hardware requirements would be pretty steep due to the complexity of the physics/multiplayer.
    People use macbook pros. You may have to turn down the graphics a bit, but it's a hell of a lot better than forza. Which is a great game, but if you guys like sims, realism and racing, iRacing is the way to go. I swear I don't work for iRacing, just intrigued and glad to see that other people play racing games on here. And...would also like to get some bimmer brethren along with me I don't have an xbox, otherwise I'd fuck off with you guys

- - - Updated - - -

GT physics blow forza physics out of the water. It's not even comparible if you're on a decent wheel and don't use any aids like traction control, srf, etc. Like 328mike said, if you like GT and Forza, you've got to try a PC sim. It will change your world. I haven't turned my playstation on since September, aside from one week during a GT6 seasonal time trial when all the heavy hitters came out of the wood work for a good car to track combo.

iRacing and rFactor2 are leaps and bounds ahead of GT and FM. FM is still totally arcade racer, GT6 is nearly a simcade and then there are full blown sims like iRacing and rF2. If you have an xbox, wait for Assetto Corsa. It's a legitimate sim that has been on PC for a while and is going to be out for consoles soon. Project Cars sucks and they fuck people on their purchase. It's just like GT6 - undelivered promises and still bugs that haven't been patched that people have been bitching about for ages. Don't bother with that. GT Sport will be out later this year on PS4, but don't bother with that either. If you don't want to go PC, go with Assetto on xbone or ps4.

Not sure what you have for a wheel, but don't forget it has to be a G29 for PS4/PC, a G920 for xbox/pc or any thrustmaster. I don't think fanatecs are being supported yet on consoles, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by autowa View Post
    Better then GT6. GT7 should be unreal. Maybe then I'll get a ps4. ....
    GT7 is on the backburner right now and no one knows if it will actually come now. Right now poliphony digital is focus on GT Sport, which is going to suck. No FM game has ever come close to having as decent physics as GT6. The problem with GT6 physics is that they have written them as such to induce tactile force feedback into the steering wheel. So you're not just feeling what your hands should feel. You're also feeling what PD thinks you should feel in the seat of your pants...through the wheel. Which forza does as well, but that is not why their physics are watered down. They do it on purpose so that anyone who can pickup a controller will have fun.

GT7 will be unreal if it end up on par with legit PC sims and without physics...despite them outgunning forza's physics. It blows my mind that camber does nothing but reduce grip and toe acts as exaggerated camber in GT6. They literally have to rewrite their physics engine or they're in big trouble. The only reason forza can compete with it is because you can easily play forza with a controller.
    Last edited by sjpgoalie; 01-03-2016 at 07:07 PM.

My Cars
    Many
    Quote Originally Posted by sjpgoalie View Post
    realism and racing, iRacing is the way to go.
    I agree. unfortunately Xbox Live is unrivaled when it comes to the amount of users online compared to PC racing sims... in addition all my friends play Halo, destiny etc.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast