Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Forza 6

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    For the '70s indycar race or whatever it is - Lotus on long, fast tracks, McLaren on only the tightest tracks (I forgot the exact one, but there is one track its definitely fastest). Ferrari is my go-to though and works for the biggest number of tracks - I usually run the Ferrari every race.

Don't forget to get a tune. It gives a pretty distinct advantage.
    He's talking about '60s F1, you're talking about '70s F1. As far as the '60s cars go, I'll stick with my previous assertion that the Brabham is the overall easiest to go quickly in. The McLaren is a bit trickier but still quick, the Honda (if you have it) is about the same but requires a bit different driving style, and the Lotus is definitely the hardest to drive. I don't have the DLC Ferrari so I can't comment about it.

You're correct about the '70s cars. The McLaren is a bit of a pig (understeer) but can be quick, the Lotus is easily fastest in a straight line but shifts slowly and can be a bit tough in tight sections, and the Ferrari is the clear choice for accessibility.
    I don't know if I ever posted here, but my GT is Sir Erected
    I made the GT when I was 14. I play a couple nights a week when I have time.
    Haha. I'll add you, we can compare Rivals times! I'm currently running a '70s F1 league and my McLaren is tuned to 901 PI, so barely into P class. It's fun to see how far up the leaderboards I can get...usually top 5% or so

I'm Big Red1500
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    He's talking about '60s F1, you're talking about '70s F1. As far as the '60s cars go, I'll stick with my previous assertion that the Brabham is the overall easiest to go quickly in. The McLaren is a bit trickier but still quick, the Honda (if you have it) is about the same but requires a bit different driving style, and the Lotus is definitely the hardest to drive. I don't have the DLC Ferrari so I can't comment about it.

You're correct about the '70s cars. The McLaren is a bit of a pig (understeer) but can be quick, the Lotus is easily fastest in a straight line but shifts slowly and can be a bit tough in tight sections, and the Ferrari is the clear choice for accessibility.

Haha. I'll add you, we can compare Rivals times! I'm currently running a '70s F1 league and my McLaren is tuned to 901 PI, so barely into P class. It's fun to see how far up the leaderboards I can get...usually top 5% or so

I'm Big Red1500
    I didn't even know they had a '60s race. My console time has been spent on a GTA 5 binge recently - hadn't touched that game in like 2 years and they added so much new stuff it's like a whole new game!

Would anyone else be up to compete for some best lap times? I don't always have time to get on and organize playing with people but sometimes I get home late and want to run a few laps.
    Maybe we set up a class and a track and see who can do the best time? Or a specific car - a stock E36 M3 for example - and specific track?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan

Would anyone else be up to compete for some best lap times? I don't always have time to get on and organize playing with people but sometimes I get home late and want to run a few laps.
    Maybe we set up a class and a track and see who can do the best time? Or a specific car - a stock E36 M3 for example - and specific track?
    Pick a car, a track, and a setup, and I'll take it on!

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    You left me hanging

My Cars
    z3
    I dont check this section often, sorry homes!

Lets do Laguna Seca, E36 M3, lets do bone stock (no tunes). Ill run a few tonight to get a number up and maybe make a new thread for it

My Cars
    z3
    Actually, I drove the E36 M3 on Laguna Seca and it sucked. Plus, because I've driven Laguna Seca a bunch of times in every car class, my leaderboards show me a different car. So I went to find a different car and a more obscure track

Here's the setup I chose:

1979 M1 Procar
    Virginia International Raceway "Patriot Alt" (Sunny)
    No tune - No mods

I managed a 1.07.089
    I think I can get into the high 1.06's with some more practice. I found this car to be a lot of fun on this track, the high speed stability and way it sort of floats through the tight corners made it pretty enjoyable to try to wrestle around.
    Pro top: spend the first lap clearing out those signs on the tight corners. I didn't and it cost me a faster lap time

Lets see if anyone else wants to do this before I make another thread
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-30-2017 at 05:53 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Actually, I drove the E36 M3 on Laguna Seca and it sucked. Plus, because I've driven Laguna Seca a bunch of times in every car class, my leaderboards show me a different car. So I went to find a different car and a more obscure track

Here's the setup I chose:

1979 M1 Procar
    Virginia International Raceway "Patriot Alt" (Sunny)
    No tune - No mods

I managed a 1.07.089
    I think I can get into the high 1.06's with some more practice. I found this car to be a lot of fun on this track, the high speed stability and way it sort of floats through the tight corners made it pretty enjoyable to try to wrestle around.
    Pro top: spend the first lap clearing out those signs on the tight corners. I didn't and it cost me a faster lap time

Lets see if anyone else wants to do this before I make another thread
    I'll be on it tonight!

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Wow, the track boundaries on that circuit are seriously messed up. The best clean lap I could do was a 1:08.3, no idea how you got a clean 1:07.0. Did you do it on Rivals?

Edit: Never mind, saw you on the leaderboard after I finished. You have a dirty 1:07.809.
    Last edited by ELVA164; 08-30-2017 at 09:13 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    I never said clean! ...I'll see what clean times I can run tomorrow

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I never said clean! ...I'll see what clean times I can run tomorrow
    you dog. You may want to skip it for this particular track, it's extremely frustrating. There are two white painted triangles at two corners you have to drive around, and if you touch the grass at all at a number of corners, you're done.

My Cars
    z3
    Fair enough... then lets see what kind of dirty times you can get!

It was fun blasting that M1 around, cutting corners. Im going to get on a bit later and see if I can shave some time off

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I did a 1:06.3 yesterday without leaving the pavement, but with cutting through those dumb paint triangles.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully other people join in; this is a really fun concept!

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Ooo, just did a 1:05.401. Too bad it won't save the lap cause it's dirty, but I did get a picture.

My Cars
    z3
    Dang man. Im gonna get on right now and see what I can do... I didnt see where I could find another 2 seconds

My Cars
    z3
    Managed a 1.06.072... Not quite into the 1.05's... My line must be wrong somewhere

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    That's a good time! I'll jump on again in a bit and take video of my lap.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    So I did a few laps to get a video...But I lowered my time to a 1:05.041. Here's the video though so you can see what I'm doing:

https://flic.kr/p/XazGUQ

My Cars
    z3
    I've been trying... I don't think I can beat that. We have about the same line but my inputs aren't as smooth as yours. I just have an xbox controller, are you using an actual wheel? Your throttle inputs are also way smoother than mine... this car seems to break traction anytime I get on it a bit.

Loser should pick so let me run a few more tracks/cars see if I can find something else fun. I did like this car on this track, thought they paired pretty well together.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Thanks, that's nice of you to say. What time did you get down to? I'm using a controller as well. Looking forward to the next challenge!

My Cars
    z3
    The 1.06.072 was my best. I had a lap I was finishing that was faster by about .3-.4 but I wiped out on the last corner.

Drove a few yesterday that weren't any fun. If you want to choose a track/car too I'm open for that!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Sonoma Full, CLK-GTR? I'd never driven it before, it's pretty fun. You can battle the push with brake and throttle, and it rotates just enough. I did a 1:37.412 clean.
    I also did a 59.068 at Lime Rock Full Alt with it.
    Last edited by ELVA164; 09-11-2017 at 07:47 PM.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I did a clean 7:12.242 at the Nordschleife also...that took a few tries. That time/replay will be on Rivals, as I didn't have a clean lap before that.

My Cars
    z3
    I can't beat either of those times yet...

I'll go at it again with a fresh mind tomorrow.

CLK-GTR
    Sonoma Full
    Lime Rock
    Nordschleife

I'll put my best numbers up in a day or two once I get something decent

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Hey guys, jsut found this thread. I'm a long time forza 6 fan, have a logitech g920, shifter and all. I use that fir grip driving when I have the motivation to set it up, which is pretty rarely. Most of my posting is done in the drifting section of the forum, and most of my driving in forza is drifting too. I could get behind seeing how bad of laptimes I can post to "compete" with you two though! I can try controller and wheel, and I know my controller grip racing is abysmal. I'm a way slower driver than you guys, as my best lap in a stock 2015 Z06 was a 8:02.793. I use road atlanta, the short course, as my fun car comparing/ driver comparing track. Fun for friends not into forza to become acquainted with it.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I can't beat either of those times yet...

I'll go at it again with a fresh mind tomorrow.

CLK-GTR
    Sonoma Full
    Lime Rock
    Nordschleife

I'll put my best numbers up in a day or two once I get something decent
    Awesome, looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    Hey guys, jsut found this thread. I'm a long time forza 6 fan, have a logitech g920, shifter and all. I use that fir grip driving when I have the motivation to set it up, which is pretty rarely. Most of my posting is done in the drifting section of the forum, and most of my driving in forza is drifting too. I could get behind seeing how bad of laptimes I can post to "compete" with you two though! I can try controller and wheel, and I know my controller grip racing is abysmal. I'm a way slower driver than you guys, as my best lap in a stock 2015 Z06 was a 8:02.793. I use road atlanta, the short course, as my fun car comparing/ driver comparing track. Fun for friends not into forza to become acquainted with it.
    Don't worry; I can guarantee you're better at circuit racing than I am at drifting

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast