Thread: Misplaced remote key, replacement triggers alarm and kill switch for starter 1995 BMW

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540i 6 spd SRS

Misplaced remote key, replacement triggers alarm and kill switch for starter 1995 BMW

Hi and boy do I need help!! I miaplaced the remote key for my 95 Bimmer 540i 6 spd but was able to get a replacement through the nearest dealer (420 kilometres away). Key worked great to unlock the doors but soon as I tried to start the engine it triggered the alarm and killed the starter (switch or motor). Does anyone know how to either turn off the alarm (kill switch) or somehow bypass the alarm. Gotta get this thing running ha ha I am starting to go thru bimmer withdrawal lol. I read somewhere about a "blue" relay or fuse or something under the rear seat but haven't investigated it to far because I know BMW's and how finnickey their electrical systems can be so not too keen on pulling fuses etc....HELP I REALLY NEED HELP

My Cars
    E34 Dinan M5, E34 525/5
    the alarm likely has a starter wire interruption, if you get the wiring diagram it will tell you which wire that is. Find it and confirm if there is something inline with it. If there is, connect the original starter wire back together and you should be going with no problem. And pull the fuse to the power on the alarm. the12volt.com often has the diagram