Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A little Carbon Fiber project - LTW Style

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Nice!! Congrats. I finished a set not too long ago in the same fabric. Wait till you install the console, the lighting (or lack there of) in the car will tone down the red a bit. Haha, on that note I was hoping no one would bump my thread, as I am trying to get a system down before I started reaching out to everyone that has expressed interest.

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    I picked these up from eBay.de
    A guy in germany made them, likely from the same fabric. They look amazing, but definitely more red than my OEM glovebox piece. 20 years of fading exaggerates it a bit though I'm sure.
    Untitled by Chris West, on Flickr
    Those look good chris. Mind if I ask how much they went for? How is fitment of the individual pieces vs your oe ltw trim?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bimma360 View Post
    Nice!! Congrats. I finished a set not too long ago in the same fabric. Wait till you install the console, the lighting (or lack there of) in the car will tone down the red a bit. Haha, on that note I was hoping no one would bump my thread, as I am trying to get a system down before I started reaching out to everyone that has expressed interest.
    Sorry about that! No pressure. You said after October you would be getting back to it so figured it'd be safe 4 mos later. Realistically, how far out do you see having your system in place?

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by hide1 View Post
    Sorry about that! No pressure. You said after October you would be getting back to it so figured it'd be safe 4 mos later. Realistically, how far out do you see having your system in place?
    No worries at all. I actually didn't even notice that you were the one that bumped it up... haha. I am actually working on a set as we speak, and have another one on deck coming my way. With each one I do I get to streamline the process even more. So to answer your question, my intent was to start reaching out to everyone else on my list as I was wrapping up the one thats on deck. At that point I will feel more confident on turnaround time, and how many sets I can do at once. So roughly speaking, 4 weeks? I'll take some pics of the one I am doing now, and post them up.

I am also in the process of molding a Gallardo console to make entirely out of CF, for a member on M3F, so that is also on my list as well.

I had to raise my fee by $25 however, as I have decided to have a local body shop professionally clear coat my pieces. For the time being, I just don't have the space to spray clear, and my cost for having a shop do it is much much greater. With that said, this is what I have been charging:

Shifter console + glove box trim = $325 shipped
    Shifter console + glove box trim + ashtray = $375 shipped
    Last edited by bimma360; 02-03-2016 at 10:38 AM.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bimma360 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the lighting in the car not being direct as often will tone it down nicely.
    Those look good chris. Mind if I ask how much they went for? How is fitment of the individual pieces vs your oe ltw trim?

[
    Price is right in line with these in this thread. It sounds like a similar situation from the guy in germany. Just and enthusiast with a skill to handmake some stuff. Its cool because even though it isn't oem, its not like the market is going to flood with them.
    Fitment I'm not sure yet, but the pieces are just oem non carbon parts that have been carbon wrapped and cleared, so all the clips and screws are 100% original in OEM places. Installing the centre piece today, waiting to pick up a non armrest console for the ashtrays and will likely sell the glovebox piece, since there is no way the actual OEM piece is coming out of my car.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    Too Many
    Put me on your list please! Can PM you if you need me too.

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by HE53 View Post
    Put me on your list please! Can PM you if you need me too.
    You got it!

My Cars
    98 M3
    Just taking a little break from installing it right now. LOL this was a process to get this centre piece out. I'll post pics in a couple hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Potato pic.
    Again, keep in mind my OEM glovebox trim is really faded compared to the other OEM glovebox trim I had without the plaque (which I sold a while back.)
    It exaggerates the difference. I love it regardless. Fitment is spot on.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Looks fantastic. I can't wait to do a set of these for myself. I'm still rocking the first ones I did pictured at the beginning of the thread. Been too busy doing other people's hahah.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Damn Chris's, that looks sick!!
    CBlock

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Ha... totally forgot I had taken photos of the last set I did.

DSC_0952.jpgDSC_0963.jpgDSC_0950.jpg

My Cars
    98 M3
    Looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing these round out a few interiors.

My Cars
    95 m3
    That carbon is from Composite Envisions. It's great stuff 🏻
    I did my door handles and glove box trim in it. I still have a lot left over for future projects but I could sell the fabric to someone if they want. PM me for details.
    1995 OBD I Cosmos Black M3 - RIP: gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Just taking a little break from installing it right now. LOL this was a process to get this centre piece out. I'll post pics in a couple hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Potato pic.
    Again, keep in mind my OEM glovebox trim is really faded compared to the other OEM glovebox trim I had without the plaque (which I sold a while back.)
    Sweeet. I've always shied away from spending big money on the interior with the exception of a nice steering wheel, but these are too nice to pass up.

I would assume bimma360 has already got me a ways up on his list..

Chris did you do a euro cluster swap with functioning oil temp etc? You mind sharing how you did it because I don't want to slaughter two clusters like anubis did just to get a proper redline, coding plug functionality, and oil temp.

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Sweeet. I've always shied away from spending big money on the interior with the exception of a nice steering wheel, but these are too nice to pass up.

I would assume bimma360 has already got me a ways up on his list..

Chris did you do a euro cluster swap with functioning oil temp etc? You mind sharing how you did it because I don't want to slaughter two clusters like anubis did just to get a proper redline, coding plug functionality, and oil temp.
    I got you.

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    My audio installer just installed the carbon fiber center console/glovebox trim Dave (bimma360) made for me. They look and feel absolutely spectacular!

I am sorry for the blurry photo, as my car is still at my installer's place for an audio project.

I had to wait for a few weeks for Dave to finish fabricating them but it was well worth it, and nothing compare to the four-month wait for my motor work and three-month wait for my audio installation. LOL!

I also have a video on Youtube that lets you better see these parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prpOnsLWatw

When I am done with my car, I'll definitely take better photos.

Thanks again for the awesome job done, Dave! I am extremely satisfied with your work.

Jon
    08' BMW M5 (Alpine white/Indy red) - Dinan/Brembo/Corsa/Forgestar/Vorsteiner/3M/Dinmann/SMG
    98' BMW M3 (Dakar yellow/black) - Dinan/RMS/Vortech/Work/Denon/Brax/Helix/3M/Recaro/Stoptech/AST/6MT/3.91 LSD

BMW 325isA (gone but not forgotten)
    ACS Type II front bumper-ACS Type II sport mirrors-ACS Type II roof spoiler-ACS Type I rear apron-ACS rear wing-ACS pedals/dead pedal-ACS wood gear knob-ACS wood trim-ACS badges-BBS RS II 18's-TMS chip-ECIS intake/cover-RMS exhaust-Dinan transmission chip-ERT crank pulley-ZKW/DDEII/Phillips 6000k Hids-Kenwood eXcelon head/CD changer-Alpine sound field processor-PPI Art amps-MBQ speakers-Infinity 10' sub-Alpine 8070 alarm-Chrome trunk lid-Chrome gauge rings-In Pro smoked corners-BMW OEM clear tails-M3 mouldings-M3 floor mats-M3 door sills-M3 Lux wood trim-M3 rear sway-X brace-Koni shocks-Bav Auto springs-JTD RSMs-Front/rear strut braces-E46 front grills-Kamei eyelids-Kamei cf door handles-tinted windows-German ECC plate

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Just watched your video, that's pretty slick!
    CBlock

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby ///M3 View Post
    My audio installer just installed the carbon fiber center console/glovebox trim Dave (bimma360) made for me. They look and feel absolutely spectacular!

I am sorry for the blurry photo, as my car is still at my installer's place for an audio project.

I had to wait for a few weeks for Dave to finish fabricating them but it was well worth it, and nothing compare to the four-month wait for my motor work and three-month wait for my audio installation. LOL!

I also have a video on Youtube that lets you better see these parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prpOnsLWatw

When I am done with my car, I'll definitely take better photos.

Thanks again for the awesome job done, Dave! I am extremely satisfied with your work.

Jon

Really glad you like it man! Can't wait to see the car all finished up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    That carbon is from Composite Envisions. It's great stuff ��
    I did my door handles and glove box trim in it. I still have a lot left over for future projects but I could sell the fabric to someone if they want. PM me for details.
    Shot you a PM!

My Cars
    98 M3
    Its my standard cluster. Car is Canadian which explains the KM speedo and the milage is in L/100KM which is why it looks different. I'll swap the cluster when I eventually swap and s50b32 or s54 which will happen if I commit to keeping the car.

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Put me on the list. Here is what I'd like:

Shifter console (2 door coupe)
    Glove box trim
    Door pulls
    3 spoke M wheel trim/tabs whatever they are called
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Just taking a little break from installing it right now. LOL this was a process to get this centre piece out. I'll post pics in a couple hours. - - - Updated - - - Potato pic. Again, keep in mind my OEM glovebox trim is really faded compared to the other OEM glovebox trim I had without the plaque (which I sold a while back.) It exaggerates the difference. I love it regardless. Fitment is spot on. Untitled by Chris West, on Flickr
    Hey Chris, sorry for the unrelated question, but where did you get your steering wheel alcantara wrapped? Did you do it yourself? Looks amazing.

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWManiac View Post
    Put me on the list. Here is what I'd like:

Shifter console (2 door coupe)
    Glove box trim
    Door pulls
    3 spoke M wheel trim/tabs whatever they are called
    Will do!

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    Just watched your video, that's pretty slick!
    Thank you very much! Glad you like the video.

Here's a recent interior photo of the carbon fiber pieces:

I think they look much better in person!

Jon
    08' BMW M5 (Alpine white/Indy red) - Dinan/Brembo/Corsa/Forgestar/Vorsteiner/3M/Dinmann/SMG
    98' BMW M3 (Dakar yellow/black) - Dinan/RMS/Vortech/Work/Denon/Brax/Helix/3M/Recaro/Stoptech/AST/6MT/3.91 LSD

BMW 325isA (gone but not forgotten)
    ACS Type II front bumper-ACS Type II sport mirrors-ACS Type II roof spoiler-ACS Type I rear apron-ACS rear wing-ACS pedals/dead pedal-ACS wood gear knob-ACS wood trim-ACS badges-BBS RS II 18's-TMS chip-ECIS intake/cover-RMS exhaust-Dinan transmission chip-ERT crank pulley-ZKW/DDEII/Phillips 6000k Hids-Kenwood eXcelon head/CD changer-Alpine sound field processor-PPI Art amps-MBQ speakers-Infinity 10' sub-Alpine 8070 alarm-Chrome trunk lid-Chrome gauge rings-In Pro smoked corners-BMW OEM clear tails-M3 mouldings-M3 floor mats-M3 door sills-M3 Lux wood trim-M3 rear sway-X brace-Koni shocks-Bav Auto springs-JTD RSMs-Front/rear strut braces-E46 front grills-Kamei eyelids-Kamei cf door handles-tinted windows-German ECC plate

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Looking great Jon. Hope you are enjoying the car back!

My Cars
    skateboard

- - - Updated - - -

Potato pic.
    I want that
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    2001 BMW 750iL
    Wow...the work in this thread is epic!! I'm about to move out of my M3 vert into a coupe. Once I do that, I will most definitely need to add a set of trim from this thread to the car!!
    Current Cars: 2001 750iL, 2001 540iT
    Previously Owned: 2003 530i, 1998 M3, 2001 740i, 2004 M3, 2000 M5

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast