Thread: Headlight assembly removal/replacement

My Cars
    a bunch

Headlight assembly removal/replacement

Greetings, wife decided to drive through a Lexus at 2 or 3mph just enough to punch a hole in the drives side lens and nothing else (though the other party claims injuries, gotta love people). I'll be picking up a replacement tomorrow and want to know if anybody has done the swap. Am I looking at 4 hours of little screws and bolts or is it a fairly straight forward swap? Looks like four bolts but not sure what's underneath and connected since these are adaptive. Looks like the biggest pain is getting access to the 4 bolts to remove the assembly.

Thanks,
    Dave.

My Cars
    a bunch
    Quote Originally Posted by davidaf View Post
    Greetings, wife decided to drive through a Lexus at 2 or 3mph just enough to punch a hole in the drives side lens and nothing else (though the other party claims injuries, gotta love people). I'll be picking up a replacement tomorrow and want to know if anybody has done the swap. Am I looking at 4 hours of little screws and bolts or is it a fairly straight forward swap? Looks like four bolts but not sure what's underneath and connected since these are adaptive. Looks like the biggest pain is getting access to the 4 bolts to remove the assembly.

Thanks,
    Dave.
    For what it's worth. Took less than 2 hrs to remove, transfer bulbs and various parts then install the new assembly. Drop the bumper, wheel well cover, remove various torque screws and fittings under the hood. One man job but a second set of hands helped with the reinstall.