Thread: Car Buying Experts.....Please Help me get a good deal on a 02' 330Ci............

Car Buying Experts.....Please Help me get a good deal on a 02' 330Ci............

Hey Everyone, My Mom has decided on Buying a 02' BMW 330 Ci. This is going to be her first car Ever and I want to make sure she gets a good deal and is a happy camper. Hopefully you guys can help me out on Determining the Target Price of the Car plus the usual Tax and License. BTW the tax here in My area (San Francisco Bay Area) is about 8.25%, the Cars options are as follows.....

2002 BMW 330Ci
    Titanium Silver
    Black Leather
    Sport Package
    Premium Package
    Xenon Lights
    Automatic Transmission

The Best Price I have been able to get is $43,100 (cash) Out the Door

The MSRP on all options are as follows:

Car: $34,990
    Destination charge: $645
    Premium Package: $2900
    Sport Package: $600
    Xenon Lights: $700
    Metallic Paint: $475
    Automatic Transmission: $1275
    @ MSRP the Price would be $41585
    the invoices on all the packages are as follows

The Car itself: $32000
    Destination Charge: $645
    Automatic Transmission: $1210
    Premium Package: $2640
    Sport Package: $545
    Xenon Lights: $635
    Metallic Paint: $430

so the total for the Car @ the supposed Invoice would be $39070

Now my main Problem is, How much should I be bargaining for?

For Those of you W/ similarily Equipped 330Ci's, How Much did You Pay For the Car and how much was it out the door? From What I have heard, The Bimmer market is actually doing Pretty good so they really arent being very flexible on the prices, but I would still like to get a reasonable price for it. Most places are charging about $44-$45K (Cash) Out the Door (Thats what I've been quoted) so the $43K quote we have gotten so far seems to be pretty good but hopefully we can do better, If anyone has any input, helpful info, or Hookups in the Bay Area please post up or email me @ CivicSiPerson @ Hotmail.com, Thanx ......

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    In Nor-Cal, just be happy to get it at MSRP. If you're down in So-Cal, Nick Alexander is the place to go. You may even get a little off MSRP if they car is on the lot. They have very good customer service because they are difficult to get to and in a not so great part of town.
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    2002 Jet Black 330Ci
    Originally posted by aus
    In Nor-Cal, just be happy to get it at MSRP.
    I paid MSRP - $500 for my 330Ci from Allison BMW in Mountain View.

Talk to people you know who have had experience with BMW dealers and go to two of the most recommended ones. Then get them to give you a quote each, try to work them against each other, you migth get $500 to $1000 if you are lucky.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    a) do Euro delivery
    b) buy used
    problems solved.