Thread: Found a power steering stop leak that actually works!

My Cars
    1987 325i convertible

Found a power steering stop leak that actually works!

After dealing with a substantial power steering leak at one of my rack boots and trying both the Lucas and Bars Leaks products, on a whim I decided to try the Blue Devil brand after seeing it at an auto parts store and checking the many positive Amazon reviews while in the checkout line. The stuff worked great! Took a few hours of driving to slow/stop the leak and now I have a full reservoir and more responsive power steering to boot. Yes, I know it's probably best to ultimately change the rack out but for about $10 and change even if this ends up being a temporary fix the price is certainly right. Just thought I'd share for those more cash-strapped E30 owners out there...

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Sounds like it cost you more than that 10$.

My Cars
    1987 325i convertible
    Well, ok it was maybe $20 since I only had to buy one of the other products because my friend had a leftover bottle. But $20 still ain't bad! I've done about 500 miles since the leak stopped and the level is totally solid. This car handles like a dream! New suspension from the previous owner, new tires from me, and now steering that's super-responsive. Hard to believe this car is almost 30 - and hard-pressed to find anything new that comes anywhere near it in terms of handling. Plus I'm getting between 25 and 27 in mixed driving to boot. This is my first E30 experience and I think I'm totally hooked already....

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330xi
    me too. I used Blue Devil Power Steering Stop Leak and I haven't seen any leakage for 2 months now