Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: E39 V8 TU Alpina B8s Gearbox CU EGS Flash

My Cars
    e39 m5

E39 V8 TU Alpina B8s Gearbox CU EGS Flash

Hi Guys,

i recently managed to read out an Alpina TCU and made a flash file out of it. Now we can use WinKFP to update our V8's to Alpina Gearbox Software, which is a huge increase in drivability!

Read here how to do it: https://www.tuningdb.info/alpina_b8s_flashes

Pre TU Alpina Tune for M62: https://www.tuningdb.info/alpina_b10_v8_pretu_flashes

Alpina Tune for M54 Engines Gearbox: https://www.tuningdb.info/alpina_b3s_flashes

Maybe someone is interested in this.

Good luck,
    Jan
    Last edited by starshy; 04-07-2016 at 05:16 AM.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Thanks for sharing, will try the BMW Scanner route and let you know how it goes. Never flashed anything with WinKFP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question, when you say "no S mode anymore" does it means that the ECU shift points are the same if you select D than if you select S? or that one doesn't needs to be selecting S anymore to get those extra features? Have you tested D vs. S programs and they shift the same?
    Diehard E39 driver.
    I'd rather die or take a walk before driving an E60 or any BMW made after Y2K.
    ​"Your momma's so ugly she makes Bangle cars look nice"

My Cars
    e39 m5
    It feels like always S mode, when you switch do S mode it instantly moves to "M" in Alpina software, shifts are the same i would suggest.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Thanks for the reply, will experiment the BMW Scanner route and let you know.
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    e39 m5
    Do a Complete readout before for safety, takes up to 10-15minutes. 0000-3FFF i think. This works, i didn't try to write using BMW Scanner, but you can try, take the inverted complete file.

My Cars
    We have 5 BMW's (Cars)
    How do we get the file?

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by starshy View Post
    Do a Complete readout before for safety, takes up to 10-15minutes. 0000-3FFF i think. This works, i didn't try to write using BMW Scanner, but you can try, take the inverted complete file.
    BMW Scanner don't reads the whole EEPROM dump. They barely seem to read adaptations and such. If I could do a complete EEPROM dump I could share a Stage 3 Dinan EGS file that I have in my car. It has the hoñding gears in manual mode, more aggressive use of the lockout, and still keeps a Sport and a Normal mode (the normal mode is way better than the regular EGS's normal mode, it feels much like a S mode that releases 4th below 60km/h if throttle pressure drops)
    I have the Galletto 1260 cable and could open up the Dinan EGS if you want to instruct me how should I get a good EEPROM dump. PM me. I also have an Alpina B10V8 DME. I'm using it in my car now.
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    too many
    you guys are insane

My Cars
    e39 m5
    i did a BMW Scanner readout on the bench, select 0000-3FFF, i compared it with my eeprom programmer readout, it was complete! 256k file

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Inneressin. Maybe i'll swap back to auto and try this.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by fullthrottle540 View Post
    you guys are insane
    Thank you!

i did a BMW Scanner readout on the bench, select 0000-3FFF, i compared it with my eeprom programmer readout, it was complete! 256k file
    So my bad on those crappy 1k files I've been dumping! "On the bench" means on the car, I take, since you'd need a full wiring system out of the car to use BMW Scanner on the bench, right? I'll see if I can get a reverted bit readout selecting 0000-3FFF and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    Inneressin. Maybe i'll swap back to auto and try this.
    (that F..orbiden word) you! You'll never get tired of taking a stab at the regular joe (or john, in my case) driving a slushbox, right?
    How's that VF supercharger going?
    Last edited by jicaino; 07-30-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by jicaino View Post
    "On the bench" means on the car, I take, since you'd need a full wiring system out of the car to use BMW Scanner on the bench, right?
    You should only need power, ground, switched power, and diagnostic (TXD) to OBD2 cable. I've flashed DMEs on the bench with just those. You don't need an entire harness for flashing or reading EEPROMs.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Thanks! I'm in the car taking the big dump right now.
    Memory dump, that is! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

Took the Dinan stage 3 memory read, I obtained a 256kb file but BMWScanner said "memory read with errors"
    Tried to flash the Alpina B10V8 EGS file using BMW Scanner and it says "incorrect file size". Tried to flash the file I obtained and it also says "incorrect file size". Tried to use WinKFP and admittely I haven't used it before, and I got it "almost there", but it says there's an error in communication with the module. I guess I'm just SOL.
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by jicaino View Post
    (that F..orbiden word) you! You'll never get tired of taking a stab at the regular joe (or john, in my case) driving a slushbox, right?
    How's that VF supercharger going?
    Lol. True i was bein wiseass about de-swapping but this is a cool thread and has many GGapprove points for initiative and potential.

Da car is all good esp since my spring intake servicing (sorted some leaky connects and BPV stuff) and esp esp since throwin clutch #3 in the beast. With luck Brian and i will get together in next month or so and have our matchy matchy tourings side by side... Will be fun...
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Lol. True i was bein wiseass about de-swapping but this is a cool thread and has many GGapprove points for initiative and potential. Da car is all good esp since my spring intake servicing (sorted some leaky connects and BPV stuff) and esp esp since throwin clutch #3 in the beast. With luck Brian and i will get together in next month or so and have our matchy matchy tourings side by side... Will be fun...
    You burn through as many clutches as your mother does condoms....
    Your two tourings side by side ... Actually, that'd be pretty awesome, especially if you blow a clutch up, then a tire, then bounce off Brian and as you guys pass your house you tumble end over end and the last bounce off your M3 puts you into the house. lmfao.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------Like the late Bill Paxton says repeatedly in Twister "I'm Not Back"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    e39 m5
    If you have never used WinKFP update before, please read a HowTo first. WinKFP need to be setted up correctly. And you need that GD8602 folder (which contains all gearbox flashes)

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    If you have never used WinKFP update before, please read a HowTo first. WinKFP need to be setted up correctly. And you need that GD8602 folder (which contains all gearbox flashes)
    I did read it, downloaded the newest date files for my car and moved them.
    The issue seems that I forced an installation of BMW standard tools on a x64 OS and while it mostly works, I get some COAPi and APi fail messages from time to time on my INPA and NCS, like some modules or APi jobs works with x64 and some won't. I need to sort all that out again.
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Lol. True i was bein wiseass about de-swapping but this is a cool thread and has many GGapprove points for initiative and potential.

Da car is all good esp since my spring intake servicing (sorted some leaky connects and BPV stuff) and esp esp since throwin clutch #3 in the beast. With luck Brian and i will get together in next month or so and have our matchy matchy tourings side by side... Will be fun...
    Ahhhh thrown clutches... Makes me want to swap to manual and try my luck again with them!
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    e39 m5
    No you better have to use x32 system for inpa and WinKFP, or just use a virtual machine.

My Cars
    bmw
    Hi Guys,

i recently managed to read out an Alpina TCU and made a flash file out of it. Now we can use WinKFP to update our V8's to Alpina Gearbox Software, which is a huge increase in drivability!

Read here how to do it: https://www.tuningdb.net/alpina_b8s_flashes

Maybe someone is interested in this.

Good luck,
    Jan
    I am going to give this a go on Friday.

I have winKFP set up and the file ready to go but will do this at a workshop in case things dont work out well. I did this flash with my old 135i and it was indeed an improvement.

My Cars
    With wheels
    Nice. If you could get the non TU version for us non vanos owners, that would be fantastic.
    BMW OSS Master - BMW Coding, flashing, and NBT/CIC retrofits for breakfast.
    Founder of BMW Planet, serving wiring diagrams to BMW enthusiasts and independent garages all over the world since 2008

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Not a bad idea to get this while it's available if anybody thinks they might want it in the future...
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    1998 528i; 2000 540i;
    Did I understand correctly that if one does this Alpina flash, there is no more sport mode - that regular "Drive" is like a sport mode and the other side of the transmission is just manual?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by gmak View Post
    Did I understand correctly that if one does this Alpina flash, there is no more sport mode - that regular "Drive" is like a sport mode and the other side of the transmission is just manual?
    Correct, no "DS" mode

My Cars
    325iT, 540iT
    Very cool. Is there any info on how to extract the whole tune from the EGS? I'm pulling the transmission out of my 540, but the EGS box does have the Dinan tune.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast