Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: E39 V8 TU Alpina B8s Gearbox CU EGS Flash

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by Willila View Post
    I’m sorry to revive this thread yet again but I can’t find answers anywhere else. I figured with the time this post has been around someone might be able to help.
    From what I’ve read all the places I’ve searched this ALPINA egs program shifts firmer than the dinan one and has better use of torque converter. I am looking for the quickest and most firm shifts I can get out of my trans from just a flash. I am doing the M60 intake swap with new injectors and a CAI and want to get the DME tune from DUDMD if I bought a used TCU could someone flash the APLINA file on to it for my 1999 540i? I’m not familiar with reprogramming.
    Hey! your car is a TU or a non TU?
    Regarding CAI, if it's not a Dinan (those which go thru the fenderwell and breathe down whenre the SAP rests) it's not worth the hassle. The M60 manifold, yes, totally worth the hassle.
    Regarding tranny tunes:
    The DINAN Stage 3 has a better feel in sports mode, and gets worse mileage. The normal mode still downshifts from time to time too. The manual mode is true manual (you can spin tires in 1st. and it will stay in 1st. up to the redline and stay there no matter what)
    The Alpina EGS tune has a "crossbreed" "A program" (aka regular mode) that feels very old school, responds a lot to throttle pressure, much as an old engine with a physical kickdown would. The manual mode is a beast in terms of crispness and the less laggy of them all, but if you stick it into 1st and hit the throttle like a maniac it will shift down a split second before the redline limiter. Also if you're coasting in 5th and press the pedal into the kickdown it will downshift to 4th and stay there until the redline but won't upshift again if you don't do it yourself, and on the other gears behaves similar but will downshift again (4th will downshift to 3rd and then again to 4th if you hit the lmiiter, 3rd will downshift to 2nd if your speed is below a certain range)

- - - Updated - - -

I have 2 EGS, one with the Dinan tune and one with the Alpina. I keep going back and forth, I have the Alpina in right now. They both have nice stuff that the other don't. I wanted an EGS with the "regular" mode Alpina as the "A" program, the Dinan sports as the "B" program, and the Dinan manual mode. I even asked DUDMD to custom make it for me, but it's fairly complicated and the interest of such developement is fairly lmited since we all end up, apparently, manual swapping this cars at some point.
    Diehard E39 driver.
    I'd rather die or take a walk before driving an E60 or any BMW made after Y2K.
    ​"Your momma's so ugly she makes Bangle cars look nice"

tmaxx445 is offline E38 6 Speed Club Member! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '05 M3, '03 X5, '01 740i
    Anyone experience premature up shifts at around 5600 RPM under WOT in regular D? Even with my foot planted to the to floor I'm getting 1-2 and 2-3 up shifts at well under 6k RPM. In manual mode it will run all the way up to 6500 before forcing an up shift though. This is on a 2003 4.6is X5 BTW
    2001 740i / S62 Swap / 6 Speed Swap / Titanium Silver Metallic / Grey Montana Leather / M Sport / Convenience Pkg / Heated Seats / PDC / MKIV Navigation / DSP / Bluetooth TCU / Dice Mediabridge / Vavona Trim / Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / Cat Delete / SAI Delete / Euro Tune / Koni Singles / H&R II Springs / Custom 3.15 25% Limited Slip Diff / Staggered OE M Parallels / 275 & 245 Firehawks / Euro City Lights / Celis Tail Lights / SunTek 70% CXP Tint

2005 M3 Coupe
    / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bluetooth / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / StreamLine Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Exhaust Bypass Valve / P0lar Tune / Koni Yellows / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSLs / 275 & 245 595 Evos / Angel Eyes / CF CSL Splitters / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

2003 4.6is X5 / Stock /

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx445 View Post
    Anyone experience premature up shifts at around 5600 RPM under WOT in regular D? Even with my foot planted to the to floor I'm getting 1-2 and 2-3 up shifts at well under 6k RPM. In manual mode it will run all the way up to 6500 before forcing an up shift though. This is on a 2003 4.6is X5 BTW
    It will do that if the kickdown isn't pushed. You need to floor it and then excert some force on top. When it drops a lower gear on you it's because it's not sensing sufficient throttle pressure. (which dbw reads by pedal velocity) Also not having a high stall torque converter kinds of makes it a tad off, not to mention a 4wd car, which that flash ins't really ready to support.
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    z3
    If you are beating that 4.6is hard, do an oil analysis with your oil changes. Those motors are known for rod bearing failure (happened to mine and destroyed the crankshaft)
    Quote Originally Posted by jicaino View Post
    It will do that if the kickdown isn't pushed. You need to floor it and then excert some force on top. When it drops a lower gear on you it's because it's not sensing sufficient throttle pressure. (which dbw reads by pedal velocity) Also not having a high stall torque converter kinds of makes it a tad off, not to mention a 4wd car, which that flash ins't really ready to support.
    The 4.6is has a high stall torque converter

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    If you are beating that 4.6is hard, do an oil analysis with your oil changes. Those motors are known for rod bearing failure (happened to mine and destroyed the crankshaft)

Didn't know that! thanks. So it may have more to do with the AWD layout then, than with converter's stall speed
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    '05 M3, '03 X5, '01 740i

E39 V8 TU Alpina B8s Gearbox CU EGS Flash

Quote Originally Posted by jicaino View Post
    Even pressed down to the kick down point it still up shifts between 5 to 6k depending on the gear in D. And yes the e53 4.6is has the largest L51 high stall converter, the same one the Alpina Z8 roadster got infact. And I have flashed that TCU tune as well (7834462) and still get the early up shifts. Unless someone can tell me otherwise I’m beginning to think the earlier up shifts are just an intended part of the Alpina programing logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post

I recently rebuilt my m62b46 from the ground up last year. I bought it blown up with 32 bent valves and did a complete motor out rebuild.
    Last edited by tmaxx445; 07-24-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    2001 740i / S62 Swap / 6 Speed Swap / Titanium Silver Metallic / Grey Montana Leather / M Sport / Convenience Pkg / Heated Seats / PDC / MKIV Navigation / DSP / Bluetooth TCU / Dice Mediabridge / Vavona Trim / Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / Cat Delete / SAI Delete / Euro Tune / Koni Singles / H&R II Springs / Custom 3.15 25% Limited Slip Diff / Staggered OE M Parallels / 275 & 245 Firehawks / Euro City Lights / Celis Tail Lights / SunTek 70% CXP Tint

2005 M3 Coupe
    / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bluetooth / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / StreamLine Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Exhaust Bypass Valve / P0lar Tune / Koni Yellows / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSLs / 275 & 245 595 Evos / Angel Eyes / CF CSL Splitters / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

2003 4.6is X5 / Stock /

My Cars
    '05 M3, '03 X5, '01 740i

E39 V8 TU Alpina B8s Gearbox CU EGS Flash

This is with the accelerometer pressed passed the kick down switch:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O99...w?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tmaxx445; 07-24-2019 at 10:08 PM.

2005 M3 Coupe

2003 4.6is X5 / Stock /

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    I don't know what to tell you, except that your rear end gearing and your actual transmission is not the same as the Alpina B10V8 nor the Z8. Your AWD transmission may need different parameters tweaked for this to be up to par on what it can do to unleash the same potential as on a rwd car. Have you got a DME tune as well?
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    F10 535iX
    Hi guys,

Could someone please share the files for the m62 engine?
    tuningdb.info no longer works

Thank you

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456