Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Purple Girl's Car (m3/4/A)

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by JETninja View Post
    Nice pick-up!
    Thank you! My Dad is casually looking for a c5 zo6 right now, looks like you have a nice one in your sig.
    Last edited by CblockM3; 08-10-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    Thank you, Yeah, mines an '04, last year. Lowered and bunch of mods, great fun and good to have when the M3 is down. (as it is now, needs chain adjustors and few other things. 234K on the M3....Ha Ha..

Make sure he does learning at Corvette Forums, some '01s have ring issues, '02-late mid '03 needs the valve springs replaced.
    Last edited by JETninja; 08-10-2015 at 10:37 PM.

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Hi guys, minor updates today Work is really busy this time of year so I'm moving kind of slow.

I replaced the two 2.5 driver's in the doors, sounds much better. Also both tweeter mounts were cracked so I sourced a couple of those and replaced them as well.

Looks pretty hammered.

Radiator is all ready to be dropped in.

And got my new nosepanel painted and ready to put on.

I'm going to knock a couple more projects out before dropping the car back down. I'm waiting on power steering lines, new transmission mounts, and nutserts for my crossbrace. I thought all M3's after 95 or whatever had them installed already but this car surely does not

And since all of my pictures are horrible here is a nice one Monkifoto took of my other car this past weekend

That's all for now!
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Hi Guys,

More slow and steady progress.

I bought a spal wiring kit for the Mishimoto electric fan off Amazon for $30 shipped to my door....score! Got that wired in this weekend.

Mounted the relay behind the battery post and ran the switched power to the OBDII port.

Ready to go to the fan:

Then I mounted my crossbrace:

Then on Saturday we had some of our BMW friends over for a little end of summer party, it was a ton of fun. Big thanks to Ryan (Ryanc528), Nathan (RightYouAreKen), and Andrew (Jaws)for coming over, it was a blast!

This past weekend I also picked up new rear door panels (the original ones have three screw holes in each panel...wtf) I'm planning to get the car mostly buttoned up this weekend so should be back on the road soon.
    Last edited by CblockM3; 08-25-2015 at 11:18 AM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    88 E30 M3, 97 E36 M3
    Excellent work... and that cake looks awesome!

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by IronJoe View Post
    Excellent work... and that cake looks awesome!
    Thank you, you have a cool project going on yourself! The cake was pretty fun, QFC did a great job and it was very tasty
    CBlock

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    The cake was delicious, as were the great (strong!) jello shots Thanks for the invite, it was a great time with great folks! Also, no BMW coupes to be seen
    1998 Titanium/Dove M3/4/5
    2020 Toyota 4Runner

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Hi Guys, More small updates I got the cooling system buttoned up today! I was a bit hesitant going with the Mishimoto electric fan setup but I'm glad I did. I have a Zionsville on my other E36, and while I think that is a better setup, I was really happy with this one. Everything fit great and seems to be very good quality (plus it ended up costing about half of what the Zionsville setup cost with the group discounts etc.) Started cleaning the engine bay, still needs work though. I got new OEM fender liners installed today. I debated going aftermarket but I'm glad I didn't, these are pretty nice. Before cleaning: After: And then the Nice mail man dropped these off for me new zkw's Should have the front end back on tomorrow and hopefully tackle the power steering lines and reservoir.
    Last edited by CblockM3; 08-30-2015 at 02:58 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Front end is back on the car now with the following:

-New ZKW Headlights
    -New Foglights
    -New Nosepanel
    -New license plate trim
    -New Roundel

Before: Nose panel pushed in, trim broken, fog light broken, brake ducts not secure due to broken fenderliners etc.

Last edited by CblockM3; 10-08-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Here is the project for this weekend...working Saturdays so I don't have tons of time to balance work, life, girl friend etc.

Hopefully get the power steering lines and reservoir replaced, finally got my tranny mounts today, VCG, spark plugs and cabin filter. I'm getting anxious to get it off jack stands.
    Next up after this happens will be brakes all around.

CBlock

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    It's going to be a brand new car when you're done. Coming along nicely!
    1998 Titanium/Dove M3/4/5
    2020 Toyota 4Runner

My Cars
    88 E30 M3, 97 E36 M3
    Nice work on the front end/nose panel, mine is smooshed in a very similar way. Must be some paper-thin metal, huh?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Love techno. I want to get a techno in addition to my boston green and get another set of arc-8s powder coated gold for it too

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by RightYouAreKen View Post
    It's going to be a brand new car when you're done. Coming along nicely!
    Thanks Nathan! I wish, just trying to knock out the maintenance so I can start doing fun things to it

Quote Originally Posted by IronJoe View Post
    Nice work on the front end/nose panel, mine is smooshed in a very similar way. Must be some paper-thin metal, huh?
    Thanks! It was nice to get the kidney grill fixed along with the chips at the same time. The metal isn't all that thin, I'm not sure how it got pushed in without breaking the plastic kidney

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man! That's funny, I'd really love a set of lighter weight wheels and since I already have the Arc's (which I love) I thought a set of Gold 17x9 RPF1's would look sweet. There's an S2K in my neighborhood that has them and I like em more and more every time I see them. Wheels are a ways away though.
    CBlock

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    Great work on revitalizing this beautiful M3! Be sure to install clear bra to avoid damages. I did it as soon as I replaced my headlights/nose panel/front bumper. It keeps your car showroom shiny.

Cheers.

Jon

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    ^^Bras are disliked for many reasons.. They have a tendency to trap dirt and moisture. Just be careful with em I guess... I wouldnt use one.

Plus cars are like girls... Much better without a bra

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    rajicase: I understand where you're coming from. But again, unlike cars girls don't run around on the track or canyon roads like cars do.

I've had clear bra on my M5 for years and I can't stress how lucky I feel to have avoided rock chips, scratches, and damages from tree sap/bugs flying onto my front bumper over the years.

Jon
    Last edited by Baby ///M3; 09-05-2015 at 03:28 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby ///M3 View Post
    rajicase: I understand where you're coming from. But again, unlike cars girls don't run around on the track or canyon roads like cars do.
    I wish girls would run around tracks/canyons without a bra... damn thatd be perfect

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    My car has an extensive clear bra treatment, which I give credit to for the great front end paint condition. Yes it can get a bit dirty at the seams, but I think it's a small price to pay.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby ///M3 View Post
    Great work on revitalizing this beautiful M3! Be sure to install clear bra to avoid damages. I did it as soon as I replaced my headlights/nose panel/front bumper. It keeps your car showroom shiny.

Cheers.

Jon
    Thanks Jon! I put lamin-x on the headlights and fog lights, I'll have to think about clear bra'ing the rest of the front end. I really should repaint the front bumper so I need to think about how far I want to go. You're vert is absolutely gorgeous, looks like it must have been a very OCD build.

Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    I wish girls would run around tracks/canyons without a bra... damn thatd be perfect
    This! haha

Quote Originally Posted by RightYouAreKen View Post
    My car has an extensive clear bra treatment, which I give credit to for the great front end paint condition. Yes it can get a bit dirty at the seams, but I think it's a small price to pay.
    Yeah you lucked out!

I got some work done this weekend!

New power steering lines and reservoir...boring.

New transmission mounts, a little trickier on an auto than a manual. There is very little room to work and getting to the top bolt was a PIA...finally got it with a swivel socket. I still have a drivetrain vibration when car is stopped and under load, goes away as soon as I put it in neutral. If anyone has any ideas please share. I'm thinking I'll do motor mounts next but I hate to throw money at things I don't need to replace quite yet.

I put in some amber LED's into the city lights, I kinda dig them.

That's it for now, need to replenish my car fund a bit before getting more parts on the way.
    Last edited by CblockM3; 09-17-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Damn I love the techno ..

My wife's favorite color(mine too actually) is purple... This is the perfect excuse to get another m3(in techno)! I just need to convince my wife that she NEEDS an m3 and get her to sell her rx300 ..... I dont see this happening

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post

That's it for now, need to replenish my car fund a bit before getting more parts on the way.
    That transmission swap is gonna be a bit pricey!

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    Damn I love the techno ..

My wife's favorite color(mine too actually) is purple... This is the perfect excuse to get another m3(in techno)! I just need to convince my wife that she NEEDS an m3 and get her to sell her rx300 ..... I dont see this happening
    My girlfriend wanted a rx300 before we got the 4runner for her. The plan was to start doing some things to that this summer, but it has taken a back seat to the M3.

Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    That transmission swap is gonna be a bit pricey!
    Haha, no....must....resist....Honestly it could very well happen sometime, just not in the immediate future. I do want to put a 3.91 diff in it though.
    CBlock

My Cars
    M3/2/5 90' 535i
    I saw you painted your nose panel and the color matches pretty well to the old paint, if you dont mind me asking where did you get the paint? I have a techno and I've reapinted the nose panel 3 times and the color hasn't matched once.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by D36M3 View Post
    I saw you painted your nose panel and the color matches pretty well to the old paint, if you dont mind me asking where did you get the paint? I have a techno and I've reapinted the nose panel 3 times and the color hasn't matched once.
    I ordered the paint from paintscratch.com. I'll see if I can find my invoice and PM you exactly what I got. The color matches great, I'd definitely order from them again.
    CBlock

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast