Thread: FS: 2002 M Roadster -- Steel Grey Metallic -- Black

My Cars
    '02 M Roadster

FS: 2002 M Roadster -- Steel Grey Metallic -- Black

Selling my 2002 Z3M. I searched 2 years for this one, loved it for 2 years, and it is now looking for a new home. This was my second S54 Z3M, and I kept it longer than I have any recent car of mine.
    When I bought it I installed new brakes, rear window, all new fluids (Motul and RedLine), seat bushings, shift linkage bushings, and had the wheels refinished (in proper Chrome Shadow) by Prince Wheels in NC.
    LOVE this car. Despite being the highest mileage Z3 I've owned (out of 3!), it is in the best shape, and I enjoyed it the most.
    125,600 miles and that will go up as I still drive it on weekends and cool summer evenings. I just had the oil changed (Motul 10-60 and Mahle filter) recently, so you are good to go.
    Known issues:
    -headlights have typical burn marks in the lenses. I have a pristine set of headlights that can be negotiated into the deal.
    -the 1 touch up on the driver's window does not work. 1 touch down works fine. Never bothered me.
    -few dings here and there.
    Click here to see the full Flickr album.
    Asking price is $17,500, which I think is fair considering mileage and availability of others on the market at this time. But I'm negotiable!

Last edited by UberVier; 07-20-2015 at 11:52 PM.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Looks incredible for the mileage. Looks great for a car with half the mileage. I wish I was in the market...

My Cars
    '02 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by JWin View Post
    Looks incredible for the mileage. Looks great for a car with half the mileage. I wish I was in the market...
    Thank you sir! It certainly has the typical things with this mileage- nicks, couple door dings, chin scrapes underneath. Just the typical wear. Thankfully it spent most of its life in SoCal, I think that helped preserve it nicely.
    Also forgot, the dealership I bought it from didn't have many service records, and no record of a couple big items, so I did a water pump change, VANOS filter change, changed the fan clutch, pulleys, and belts while that was done. The independent shop also used the authentic BMW service software to do a VANOS test (it passed) and update the ECU software to the latest version. From what I read online, the latest updates allows for a wider range of oxygen sensor readings to not trip the SES light, as the recent increase in ethanol blended gasolines sometimes set it off for whatever reason. That's what I read, anyway...
    The car came with the StrongStrut front AND rear bars, and also one of the packaged tweeter/kick panel speaker upgrades. I forgot if it's the BavSound package or another one, but I remember they are different/upgraded.

My Cars
    '02 M Roadster
    C'mon folks, let's move this car to a new home!

My Cars
    ...it depands
    It's such a beauty!

I don't know if you knew, but I was on my way to inspect and purchase this car two years ago when I got a call from the dealer saying that someone from NC made a purchase. I missed this car only by a couple of hours. =(

I'm glad now that I have missed it now because I was able to locate get another one with exact colors and options that I was looking for. (http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=11401).

Anyhow, finally nice to meet you, UberVier! =)
    2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
    2011 328i E92 Space Gray Metallic / Leder Dakota+Oyster
    Since 1987 12 euros / 2 kdms / 2 jdms
    - Zach

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Question - how/where did you get bolts for the strut brace that sit flush? Mine stick up a bit and rub the hood.

My Cars
    '02 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
    It's such a beauty!

I don't know if you knew, but I was on my way to inspect and purchase this car two years ago when I got a call from the dealer saying that someone from NC made a purchase. I missed this car only by a couple of hours. =(

I'm glad now that I have missed it now because I was able to locate get another one with exact colors and options that I was looking for. (http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=11401).

Anyhow, finally nice to meet you, UberVier! =)
    That's a cool story! You are about the third person to say they were stalking this one 2 years ago. This was my first choice color combo. The poor salesman at the dealership was super awesome, but I think it threw them all for a loop selling a car to someone across the country without even checking it out. I'm sure it took a few extra steps to get the sale paperwork just right.

- - - Updated - - -

Question - how/where did you get bolts for the strut brace that sit flush? Mine stick up a bit and rub the hood.
    The StrongStrut bars came with the car, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

My Cars
    z3
    Looks like he has the upgraded nuts from Strong Strut.

You can also use the OEM nuts which sit fairly flush with the strut bar

GLWS looks like a nice car!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    I'm talking about these guys:

The heads of the bolts on mine stick up about a millimeter. I just ordered some button head bolts to see if they'll work.

My Cars
    '02 M Roadster
    yeah I guess these are the newer ones. Sorry I don't know any more.

Someone make me an offer, I want the car gone soon!

My Cars
    '02 M Roadster
    Still for sale folks, help!