Thread: 1987 E24 TRX Light alloy rim polished -

My Cars
    M's

1987 E24 TRX Light alloy rim polished -

Looking for original TRX light alloy polished wheels for my M635.

how much are these going for?
    and does anyone know who may have a set?

This would be for show only due to the cost of tires.

Thank you,

My Cars
    88 M6,89 325ix, 72 STAG
    As you mentioned, the tires are expensive the wheels not so much. These should not be very expensive, maybe even free. They were not originally polished (mine are painted a light silver color from factory with a black trim) thus you most likely will have to have that done on your own. The M versions were wider than the non M at least that was the case for e US and Canada 88 and 89 variants.

He's what mine look like.

ForumRunner_20150717_231512.png

Max
    Last edited by maxg765; 07-18-2015 at 03:04 PM.
    Regards

Max
    ---------------
    88 BMW M6 60,000 original Miles or 97,000KM's (Canadian spec example)
    89 BMW 325ix Dinan Turbo 69000 original Miles
    72 Triumph STAG 37000 original Miles

My Cars
    B9 coupe and B9 sedan
    I believe he is looking for the original ones for the m635 that were true 3 piece wheels.

My Cars
    M's
    Alpinacsi -

Yes you are correct for the 3 piece.

this may not be a good idea to try to be as correct as possible due to cost and only a few will really even know any difference.

thank you for your information and help

My Cars
    B9 coupe and B9 sedan
    Right now the problem is finding the tires. Not only are they expensive it they are currently unavailable. I believe Coker Tire will be running another batch with in 24 months.

Another option is to re-barrel the original wheels to accept 16 or 17" tires.

I have been playing with old NOS Pirelli P7s on my Alpina and have decided that since I have been driving it more: I should have a second set of wheels. I just refinished another set of Alpina wheels and I am having a set current Pirelli p7s installed and will save the originals for special occasions.

My Cars
    88 M6,89 325ix, 72 STAG
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinacsi View Post
    Right now the problem is finding the tires. Not only are they expensive it they are currently unavailable. I believe Coker Tire will be running another batch with in 24 months.

Another option is to re-barrel the original wheels to accept 16 or 17" tires.

I have been playing with old NOS Pirelli P7s on my Alpina and have decided that since I have been driving it more: I should have a second set of wheels. I just refinished another set of Alpina wheels and I am having a set current Pirelli p7s installed and will save the originals for special occasions.

The last time I bought new TRX 415's for my OEM M6 wheels they were $625 a tire, not cheap. This was some 5 years ago. I have no clue what they would cost today.

I too will be sourcing a set of Alpina's or Style 5's for regular use while keeping the TRX'S for shows and originality. I'm torn between choosing 16" or 17" wheels.

Max
    Regards

Max
    ---------------
    88 BMW M6 60,000 original Miles or 97,000KM's (Canadian spec example)
    89 BMW 325ix Dinan Turbo 69000 original Miles
    72 Triumph STAG 37000 original Miles

My Cars
    e 24 1987
    coker has the 390 and 245 available. 410 a tire. I like the handling and ride of the TRX better than the 16" bbs 3 piece