Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,039 of 1039

Thread: Justin's LS E46

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I but in blackline poly RTAB's... They feel great, and the rear is super planted now. My right one just started making noise.. but at this point the car is so loud going down the road, that I'm inclined to not care!

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    I mean if you have delrin, it's probably not as necessary. I want to do spherical just to get rid of slop all together.

The limiters are pretty easy to install, drop TA, pull pin, hammer in limiters (lol), rebolt everything. It's not a solution, but it's a stupid cheap way to keep stock bushings from feeling like shirt. My car def has stock rubber but man it feels good with no fuss. Altho, I literally lift to half throttle maybe once a run. 200chp ftw?
    Yeah, I mean I had to hammer the rtab bracket on over the delrin bushings, so there was no chance I was fitting the limiters in there with it. The Delrin ones don't bother me any, but after speaking to some people smarter than me the consensus is that bushings needs to have some twist available rather than the strictly vertical movement the Delrins allow.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Spherical always wins

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    I haven't updated this all season, so here is a small photo dump.
    Untitled by novablue454, on Flickr

It is snowing here, which officially marks the beginning of build season. Right now the plans for the BMW are just to re-do the tube rear, re-wire the chassis using an ARC panel, and clean up the body a bit. The FC is mostly getting cosmetic work and some fuel system upgrades. I did manage to break one of the M3 axles right before comp at our last round, so some DSS replacements are on the way.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Sweet shots and runs. Your car seems fast.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Looks like you had more fun in the mazda than the bmw lol.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Nah, they're both fun. All the pics of the RX7 are from No Coast, I only drove it there and at LS Fest back in May. The E46 gets all the local events.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    At the last round of the season I broke an axle right before comp started. It sounded HORRIBLE though, so I've had this nagging feeling I ripped the subframe or something. Finally got around to lifting it this week and sure enough, the LR reinforcement had separated from the chassis and the RR was beginning to. Dropped the subframe and was able to pop these off with a pry bar and hammer, so much for panel bond being a good solution.

Wire wheeled the remaining panel bond off and found this on the LR

2 cracks. Whoops! Luckily I had a spare set of these CSM plates on the shelf for sale, I only ended up using the rear 2 though.

Burned them in this time, not trusting panel bond anymore

I also used the opportunity to replace the delrin RTABS with the Nerptech bearings I've been procrastinating

Then I ran in to an issue. The stock M3 axle flanges at the diff are 35mm, the new DSS axles I got they are 40mm, just enough to require a longer bolt, and they provided new M10x1.25x55 bolts. Well, those wouldn't fit my stub shafts. I called DSS and they insist that the m3 is a 1.25 thread. I went way back in this thread and remembered that back when I built this diff I had this problem, and the E34 stub shafts in my car are a M10.1x0 thread. Well, no one locally sells an M10x1.0x55mm bolt and they're $10 each on amazon! I also damaged one of the stubs trying to put in the supplied bolts without paying much attention.

Fun fact, I went out to storage to pop the stub out of my spare M3 diff before I realized that the stubs were different, and those are a M10x1.5 thread, so the supplied 1.25 thread bolts still would have been wrong.

I put my stock axles back in now as I couldn't have the car on the lift for a week waiting, but going to order some bolts soon and hopefully get those in eventually.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I forget your rear diff setup. Don't you run a welded diff in the M3 housing? That requires equal length stubs anyway. I don't get why BMW used different threads on each of them. Diffs in E46s are just such a needless headache.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    I forget your rear diff setup. Don't you run a welded diff in the M3 housing? That requires equal length stubs anyway. I don't get why BMW used different threads on each of them. Diffs in E46s are just such a needless headache.
    Yeah, I took an open carrier from an E34 and welded it, and used the E34 equal length stubs

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I might wind up doing the same thing. I have an open E32 diff and equal length stubs. I think I can just weld it and shove it into the M3 housing. Gonna run the M3 diff for now just to see how well it will hold up. I hate welded diffs on the street.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    yep. On the E34 diff I had to drill out all the ring gear holes in the carrier, so I'd assume you have to do that as well

My Cars
    LS E46
    My stock mvar isn’t doing well, the stub axles are flopping all over the place. It’s also not the greatest LSD for this type of thing, it uses a pump to press the clutch packs together which means one wheel has to be spinning a different speed to work; and with near zero initial torque - it’s sketchy as hell during transitions. I’m constantly hemmin-n-hawin at the wheel to keep the car going the direction I want, nothing like my old welded that would just snap lock-to-lock like a video game. I just had an E32 LSD built, that will be going in shortly.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I haven't had much luck finding E32 LSDs for cheap. I'm likely just gonna bite the bullet and go OS Giken and call it a day.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142