Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1530313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1039

Thread: Justin's LS E46

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Balcony? The place with the green square?

My Cars
    BMW, Audi, lots of jeeps
    Look at Colorado land values vs Oklahoma or rural Texas.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Yea green square thing.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by welchct View Post
    Look at Colorado land values vs Oklahoma or rural Texas.
    True, however the first track I posted (Sandia) is in the middle of no where desert outside of Albuquerque. I really think if someone wanted to build a drift oriented Motorsports park that would be the place to do it. However, NM does not have the amount of cars to sustain Sandia alone, especially not something larger and more expensive, so it'd be a gamble on relying on people to make it a destination trip.

And I actually have some land in rural Oklahoma (an hour outside Tulsa) that would be more then enough to build a massive motorsports park on. But there's hardly any drifting out there so it would really be a personal track except for the 4 weekends a year or whatever where we did bashes. IDK, I've thought about that often, but the cost of paving and mainly the thought of relocating to Oklahoma has pushed me far away from it.
    Last edited by Novablue454; 11-29-2017 at 12:59 PM.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Catch 22. You want a track farther out for cheaper land and fewer regulations but then people aren't close by and likely won't come.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Well, I took my car home to free up some shop space for the RX7 winter rebuild. I am still waiting to hear back from Fortune, apparently they're on old SLR's level of communication. I'm going to be posting some RX7 stuff here I think along the way, so hopefully that's ok.

My Cars
    BMW, Audi, lots of jeeps
    I guess I'm just use to driving 6-14 hours to wheel. It's no big deal to do it in rock crawling because you can spend a whole week or more at most places. One of my clients just spent two weeks in Moab last month for instance. Makes the two day drive worth while.

Seems the black friday/ cyber Monday thing has a lot of companies playing catch up.
    Last edited by welchct; 11-30-2017 at 01:24 PM.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    some quick non BMW content.

Starting working on the S/C install for the RX7 and got a bad case of the "since I'm here". Heads are pulled and sent off to Texas Speed for a stage 2.5 port / polish with oversize stainless valves. LS9 head gaskets, LS7 Lifters, new LS2 lifter trays, and ARP head studs are on their way as well. Got a Walbro 450lph to try to fit in the factory hanger, and some ID1050X injectors. Shooting for 650whp on E85 but I'll be happy as long as it drives good.

Untitled by novablue454, on Flickr

Looks like I am going to have to dremel out my FAST102 to make room for the ID's lower plug location...lame.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Got the manifold hydrodipped, rebuilt it with new gaskets, and was able to dremel it enough for the ID1050x to fit

was able to fit the Walbro 450 E85 pump with some creative safety wiring

some more Bimarcos for this car, I love these seats

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    when is your next trip down to Vegas? I want those exact seats.
    also I'm going to the vegasdrift social party tonight. if you have any questions regarding the rules let me know and I might be able to get some answers.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Assuming testing on the RX7 goes well, I'll be out there for Southwest Rd 1, and then again in 2 weeks for LS Fest. If I manage to blow the car up before round 1 I'll just be at LS fest in the E46.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Some more RX7 content

got the ported and polished 243s back from TSP with new oversize stainless valves and PAC dual valvesprings

iPhone Backup by novablue454, on Flickr

overkill pinned the crank

test fitting the Torqstorm supercharger

new catch can, figuring more stuff out

intercooler mounting

got a new kit

and picked this up so the RX7 and the E46 can get party together at some events

I've also been doing a video series on the RX7 and some on the rebuild of the E46, heres a vdeo of the RX7 starting and there's more videos on the channel with content on both cars.

My Cars
    98 328is
    legit qustion on those bimarcos, how are they? i was looking for a cheap but quality seat and ended up with a Corbeau FX1 wide for my drivers seat. i want to get another for my passanger, but if i could get a cheaper option than $400 i would like to.

- - - Updated - - -

also, do they make anything in a wide? i like the fx1 wides because they fit me (im fat) and they fit a wide range of passenger sizes.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    legit qustion on those bimarcos, how are they? i was looking for a cheap but quality seat and ended up with a Corbeau FX1 wide for my drivers seat. i want to get another for my passanger, but if i could get a cheaper option than $400 i would like to.

- - - Updated - - -

also, do they make anything in a wide? i like the fx1 wides because they fit me (im fat) and they fit a wide range of passenger sizes.
    I love them, I have them in the E46 as well. IMO you can’t beat them for the price and they’re FIA approved which a lot of the cheaper seats are not. What size are you? I’m 5’11 and 230ish lbs and the halo fits me great, the non halo is a small amount narrower but still fits me OK

My Cars
    98 328is
    im a 44 waist, but the fx1 wide is designed for a 42 and im not a snug fit in it, but comfortable.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Finally a break from RX7 stuff and some #LSE46 content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jfA3SLE9hM

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I'm just not gonna put the bottom part with the nut on honestly. If my upper control arm breaks, I'm just gonna get E30 ones since those are steel.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    I got worried not putting it on. The threaded part of the adjuster not having the flared base where it sits on the arm seems like it would allow too much moment without the nut there. Double nutting doesn’t work either as the second nut contacts the axle shaft.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    E30 coilovers just rest on there. There's usually some rubber to make it not wobble too much, but they fall out when you jack them up sometimes. I had no issues with it lol.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    The BC and HKS adjusters just sit on there as well, but they’ve got 10x the surface area to sit on the arm. The Fortunes contact the arm with like a 1/8 or less diameter ring. The other brands sit on the arm with like a 3/4” ring contacting. There’s no reason to make them this way, it’s just a really dumb design. (Unless I’m a total idiot and the adjusters are supposed to go on top somehow)

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Yea. Same as the E30 style. Altho the trailing arm on E30s are thick ass steel.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Why not just use some BC adjusters then?

I had some bilstein/turner/H&R combo on my old E46 with adjusters that worked like that, hated it
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    Why not just use some BC adjusters then?

I had some bilstein/turner/H&R combo on my old E46 with adjusters that worked like that, hated it
    I was just going to use the HKS ones, but the spring ID is a different size so the fortune / swifts don't fit on them. If these mess up again, I am going to try to order a set of the BC ones.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Some media starting to pop up from the event yesterday

Last edited by Novablue454; 02-19-2018 at 12:25 PM.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    just the opening clip

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1530313233343536373839404142 LastLast