Thread: :: ECS Tuning :: ECS Tuning has acquired Turner Motorsport

My Cars
    BMW

:: ECS Tuning :: ECS Tuning has acquired Turner Motorsport

We’re excited to announce that ECS Tuning has acquired Turner Motorsport, an industry leading ecommerce retailer for BMW performance parts and accessories. This is great news for our customers, since you’ll now have an even greater selection of products to choose from, including Turner’s proprietary line of performance parts and accessories.

Read more about it HERE

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Wow! What changes should the customers of TMS and ECS expect with this acquisition?
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiM3Mania View Post
    Wow! What changes should the customers of TMS and ECS expect with this acquisition?
    Customer facing for now shouldn't be much of a change. In the future, you’ll most likely see both ECS and Turner products offered on both web sites.

-James

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Hmm, did not see that coming. Both big names. One bigger now. Lol
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    2 E36 M3, 1 E46 328i
    Congrats to both companies. I have bought items from both and was completely satisfied with their service and prices. As an E36 owner, I feel fortunate to have such good options for quality aftermarket parts... As long as the prices remain competitive, I am happy.

My Cars
    04 330i zhp; 06 Cooper S
    Dear ECS: Do not mess this up.

Obviously there is a lot of overlap with respect to BMW parts between these two companies, but the last thing you should do is turn TMS into a one stop everything-for-your-Bimmer kind of site. The definitive thing about Turner is that they are not just parts slingers. Their hands on real world and race track experience gives them a credibility that almost no one else has. When TMS develops a part of sells an OEM or aftermarket part, I have complete confidence that it is a good choice because I know these guys only carry the stuff that works, delivers on its promises and won't break. Very very few sites have that level of dependability. Ever notice how they will carry just one or two parts from an aftermarket company that has dozens or even hundreds? That's because that one part is the best of its kind (a particular short shift kit comes to mind) and maybe the other parts from that company aren't of the same caliber. TMS doesn't sell their other parts. That selectivity is pure gold, and I gladly pay the rather fullsome prices at Turner for that very reason.

I would keep TMS focused as a performance vendor; maybe even sell all the replacement parts through ECS (TMS could be a replacement parts inventory depot for the northeast maybe). Make Turner a higher performance version of Dinan. Dinan East. Given their pricing, you could deliver higher performance at a lower price and still make a fortune.

I have been a customer of ECS too, and I think you do a good job. I have also been through a couple of mergers, and it is important to have a vision of what you want at the end. The value at Turner is not the radiators and oil filters. It's that their experience and credibility in offering high quality performance parts and advice is the best in the business.

Note to self: stop giving away advice worth big money.