Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: •Official• M Rain Fabric Thread

My Cars
    E36 M3
    How do I specify whether I'd like to order with or without the foam on the site? And is the November discount no longer applicable? Looking to buy enough to do my 4 door cards in my coupe, plus a little extra to have left over if this is the last roll that will be produced.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksarazen View Post
    How do I specify whether I'd like to order with or without the foam on the site? And is the November discount no longer applicable? Looking to buy enough to do my 4 door cards in my coupe, plus a little extra to have left over if this is the last roll that will be produced.
    If you want it without foam just email me - I dont have the option for no foam on the site quite yet. And yes the next 100 yards are the last 100
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 Shifty View Post
    How many yards needed for 2 front seat center section inserts?
    I make no guarantees regarding quantity needed, but most doing that sort of work are using 2 yards
    Quote Originally Posted by D1ESEL View Post
    How many yards to do seat inserts front and rear as well as the door cards?
    Again no guarantees on how much is needed but most doing a full interior like that are buying 5-6 yards.

I get asked about how much is needed a lot so as a general rule of thumb Id factor about 1.5-2 yards for two seats, .75-1 yard for 2 door panels. So two sets of seats will use about 3-4 yards and another 2 yards will ensure there is enough for the door cards. A really good shop that plans it all out carefully in advance and makes no mistakes can probably get it done in 5 yards, but 6 is a much safer bet imo.

Ill also have the full width Alcantara soon as well as more of the 21" segments. Should be here late Feb if everything works out.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Is the pricing on the no-foam the same?

My Cars
    z3
    Yes the material with no foam is same cost as material with foam. The material withhout foam is taller though, about 70" iirc vs. 51" tall for the material with foam.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Edit: how thick is the foam-backed fabric?
    Last edited by nicksarazen; 01-22-2016 at 10:43 PM.

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Wondering this too..

My Cars
    93 325is
    Anyone have pics yet of a completed interior?

My Cars
    z3
    About 1/8"

I just placed an order for a little more M Rain and maybe more importantly now to some of you - the full size Alcantara. I'm also getting more of the smaller size Alcantara to hopefully make Alcantara headliners a little more affordable - this way someone can buy enough full width Alcantara to do the main headliner/roof portion; and the smaller size portion for the A/B/C pillars.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    z3
    I have a 6 yard segment and a 3 yard segment left from this batch of M Rain. Enter code "<redacted>" on the website to get 10% off either the 3 or 6 yard segment - coupon is only good until these segments sell.

Price on no foam material was also lowered. 10 yards for $800 including shipping. No foam material will ship with a single fold down the center.

edit: Removed coupon code because people were abusing it and applying it towards items that were not intended to be discounted.
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 02-23-2016 at 08:39 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Does the crease self relax out of the material easily once laid flat or is more involved means required?

My Cars
    z3
    It will work itself out, if it doesn't - giving it a once over with a clothes iron and a little steam will remove any wrinkles. This goes for foam and non-foam M Rain.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I have a 6 yard segment and a 3 yard segment left from this batch of M Rain. Enter code "FebRain" on the website to get 10% off either the 3 or 6 yard segment - coupon is only good until these segments sell. Price on no foam material was also lowered. 10 yards for $800 including shipping. No foam material will ship with a single fold down the center.
    These segments are 6 yards or 3 yards long by how wide? 51"? I'm asking because I'm trying to determine what to purchase to do my headliner. Many people claim that using material with 1/8" thickness (foam) is best to do a headliner, so I want to make sure the normal foam-backed material is wide enough to span the ceiling.

My Cars
    z3
    The 6 and 3 yard segments are 51" with foam

edit 2/16: Sold out! More on the way... but the next batch is the LAST of this material that will be available...
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 02-23-2016 at 08:32 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I don't have access to my car this winter as it's stored away, does anyone know if 51" is wide enough to use as headliner material? Looking for dimensions online but can't seem to find exact ratings.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    How much fabric do you currently have without the foam backing? I need more without... it's a pain removing it for door panel use.

(panels will be black)

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    looks good so far. The colors pop so much and look awesome.

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    When will more of the rain be in? I've been contemplating no foam on the headliner just having trouble deciding.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    How much fabric do you currently have without the foam backing? I need more without... it's a pain removing it for door panel use.

(panels will be black)
    I'm a little surprised you aren't using the foam stuff for door panels. I figured it would be better like that, but maybe its too thick with the foam. Looks like you did a great job on that panel either way.

I have about 7 yards left of no-foam material. I took it off the site though as I don't want to sell it all. Prefer to only sell 2-3 yards max at this point. Contact me directly (e-mail preferred) if you are interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketMaster View Post
    looks good so far. The colors pop so much and look awesome.
    I agree, it looks great! I installed a small segment in my Z3 coupe as well and I smile every time I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hide1 View Post
    When will more of the rain be in? I've been contemplating no foam on the headliner just having trouble deciding.
    It should have been here by now but my last two packages that came out of Europe have spent a lot of time in Customs, including the M rain/Alcantara package. One of my packages left Jan 18th and just made it through Customs two days ago. The M rain package left after that package on Feb 3rd. I imagine its still a couple weeks out. I'm not sure why its taking so long, I've had packages get here in <10 days before from Europe...

FWIW, most my headliners seem to have foam... were I doing it to my personal car, I'd want the foam for the headliner. Seems a little more "plush" that way. But I've also been told that no-foam is best for headliners
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 02-23-2016 at 08:33 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    I'm a little surprised you aren't using the foam stuff for door panels. I figured it would be better like that, but maybe its too thick with the foam. Looks like you did a great job on that panel either way.

I have about 7 yards left of no-foam material. I took it off the site though as I don't want to sell it all. Prefer to only sell 2-3 yards max at this point. Contact me directly (e-mail preferred) if you are
    The foam and/or the fabric don't get along together with curves. Take a piece with foam on it and bend it. You get these really weird canyon creases. There is no way to get it to work nicely on the door panels. I wanted the foam too. Very pleased with the results after removing the foam.

I can wait for the next batch if you have foam-less coming.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by Braymond141; 02-25-2016 at 09:56 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    Just wanted to update things here, I currently have nothing in stock and I've had 2 packages stuck on a boat for about 2 months now. Because I have 2 pending orders coming out of that batch I placed a third order today with priority shipping, to hopefully arrive here within a week.

I've also decided to continue working on these fabric projects and we have lots of awesome stuff in progress right now. M-tech is next and we have lots of exciting things on the horizon.

edit: looks like after almost 6 weeks, the tracking info finally updated 15 minutes before I posted this. The other tracking updates were so old that they no longer registered (ever seen a tracking number "go dead" on you?) but... it looks like I may have some fabric in my hands later today. This package also includes the full-width Alcantara and more of the smaller segments.
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 03-21-2016 at 11:45 AM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    Just wanted to update things here, I currently have nothing in stock and I've had 2 packages stuck on a boat for about 2 months now. Because I have 2 pending orders coming out of that batch I placed a third order today with priority shipping, to hopefully arrive here within a week.

I've also decided to continue working on these fabric projects and we have lots of awesome stuff in progress right now. M-tech is next and we have lots of exciting things on the horizon.

edit: looks like after almost 6 weeks, the tracking info finally updated 15 minutes before I posted this. The other tracking updates were so old that they no longer registered (ever seen a tracking number "go dead" on you?) but... it looks like I may have some fabric in my hands later today. This package also includes the full-width Alcantara and more of the smaller segments.
    I'll be in PHX thursday picking up another E36 m3. Might want to check the fabric out and have a beer?

My Cars
    14 ATS, 2001 Cobra
    How much do you think I would need for seats and door panels on a sedan? Sorry if it's been asked before

My Cars
    93 325is
    Can anybody recommend a good interior guy to redo my seats and door panel in NYC??

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketMaster View Post
    I'll be in PHX thursday picking up another E36 m3. Might want to check the fabric out and have a beer?
    Absolutely. I'll shoot you my number
    Quote Originally Posted by ImScaryGrr View Post
    How much do you think I would need for seats and door panels on a sedan? Sorry if it's been asked before
    I am in no way liable if a quoted figure is too much or too little, but based on what others have bought and some critical thinking, I've been quoting the following figures:
    as a general rule of thumb Id factor about 1.5-2 yards for two seats, .75-1 yard for 2 door panels. So two sets of seats will use about 3-4 yards and another 2 yards will ensure there is enough for the door cards. A really good shop that plans it all out carefully in advance and makes no mistakes can probably get it done in 5 yards, but 6 is a much safer bet imo.

Shipment is IN!!!
    I got in a shipment today and after shipping out pending orders I currently have a 5 yard, 3 yard and 2 yard segment ready to ship immediately

The Alcantara is also here!
    FULL WIDTH 58" sections available in addition to the 21.5" segments I carried before!
    The 21.5" has foam as before, the 58" does not have foam

Buy any of these fabrics today on the newly redesigned www.bmwfabric.com

More is coming! Stay tuned!!!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    4Runner/911
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post

(panels will be black)
    What did you use for an adhesive?
    1988 911 - Carb'd - Twin Plug - 3.6
    1999 SL 500
    2016 4Runner TEP - Gone
    1995 M3 - LS2 - Gone
    1998 M3 - Gone
    1991 M5 - Gone
    1993 RS America - Gone
    1995 M3 - Gone

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast