Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: •Official• M Rain Fabric Thread

My Cars
    951, LTW M3, GTI
    Like dirtsquirt Im definitely interested in enough to do a headliner with the thinner foam backing in place but no real rush - it did just start to sag though!! good timing

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Well I will say this. Its cool in a way that the fabric is now available.

But its defiantly sad that the uniqueness of the cloth is no longer there anymore. I remember searching high and low for 2 sets of interiors to make my vert interior. I sold it for great money because of the uniqueness. The cost of making the interior isn't going to be any cheaper than finding a set out there. But of course its not going to have wear like the originals.

Im enjoying my M-Cross interior. Maybe its time to sell it after this season.

My Cars
    E70d
    I doubt it. Ours can never be OEM, it's just an homage to the real deal. Besides, if you would get rid of it just because the resale value might suffer, you may not be as into those seats as you think. Keep 'em!

My Cars
    z3
    I understand not liking that the OEM seats may depreciate, but to be honest I think the value of the original fabric seats is more than just the rarity. I don't see this fabric having a huge impact on the price of good condition OEM interiors. I would however imagine that it may affect the demand of said interiors as there is now a reasonable alternative.

At the end of the day I jumped into this because I wanted M Rain in my Z3. But I couldn't afford the fabric (and then it went NLA!) nor could I justify ripping apart an OEM interior to "gut" it to get what I wanted for my interior. Then I realized there are tons of other guys out there lusting after this fabric who can't afford it. So at the end of the day I'm doing this to give every enthusiast a chance to build their dream BMW. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1995 M3 LTW
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I understand not liking that the OEM seats may depreciate, but to be honest I think the value of the original fabric seats is more than just the rarity. I don't see this fabric having a huge impact on the price of good condition OEM interiors. I would however imagine that it may affect the demand of said interiors as there is now a reasonable alternative.

At the end of the day I jumped into this because I wanted M Rain in my Z3. But I couldn't afford the fabric (and then it went NLA!) nor could I justify ripping apart an OEM interior to "gut" it to get what I wanted for my interior. Then I realized there are tons of other guys out there lusting after this fabric who can't afford it. So at the end of the day I'm doing this to give every enthusiast a chance to build their dream BMW. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Absolutely…this won't depreciate any OEM interior set. It simply provides a rare pattern to the community that otherwise doesn't exist as they are NLA. And from the looks of it, the fabric is a spot on match. For instance, if you have an OEM set of cloth seats with wear and tear on one seat, this may be the only option to fix it. I'd love to see you do a test set of seats with this fabric and the alcantara to see what can be created. Any plans there?

I'd love to buy some from you once I get back into the M market!

My Cars
    z3
    This batch of material may be delayed slightly due to some extreme weather conditions over where the fabric is getting produced. I will update as things move along but for now they can only run the machines at night.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 ///M3

I'm glad you've taken the time to do this for the community. The fabric looks amazing!

I'm really interested in the light grey fabric for my sedan. When that becomes available I'll definitely be sending you money!!!
    98 BMW /// M3

My Cars
    14 ATS, 2001 Cobra
    has anyone been quoted on having the fabric "installed"

My Cars
    E70d
    I did. Scroll up a bit. Basically.. it's gonna vary a lot by the shop. The guy I settled on has a great reputation and does it by himself because he loves doing it. He quoted me $500/front seat $600 for back. Find a shop that won't charge you more than their written estimate.

His opinion on Alcantara yardage required, 3 yards for bare minimum 5 yards to be sure. Unless you want to do the headliner, you'll need 9-11 yards of Alcantara.

My Cars
    z3
    Next batch of M rain should be available by the end of the week... so figuring a few days for foam to be applied and about 10 days for shipping I hope to see this next batch will be shipping out by the end of the month

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by GEN3RIC View Post
    His opinion on Alcantara yardage required, 3 yards for bare minimum 5 yards to be sure. Unless you want to do the headliner, you'll need 9-11 yards of Alcantara.
    That's a very high estimate unless you're getting every inch of the car covered in alcantara.

My Cars
    98 ///M3
    Next batch of M rain should be available by the end of the week... so figuring a few days for foam to be applied and about 10 days for shipping I hope to see this next batch will be shipping out by the end of the month
    Is all that material sold already, or is there some that's still available?
    98 BMW /// M3

My Cars
    z3
    Most of the next 100 yards is presold. After I take care of the remaining preorders (96 yards preordered on the list) I will then look at doing another run to take care of additional orders and to keep the fabric in stock. It likely won't be ready for general purchase for a little while.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    where are the pictures of people that bought!!1

My Cars
    E70d
    It'll be late-September until my upholstery guy gets a slot open for me. Feels like an eternity.

My Cars
    z3
    The next 100 yards are getting foam applied today...!

I'm also looking forward to seeing some of this material installed in some cars. September isn't that far away

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    '97 328IS/'16 F31
    Is there going to be another list for the next shipment? And what will be the price per yard?

My Cars
    z3
    The list was just for initial preorders to get a discounted price. The next shipment will be addressing those on the list who did not get taken care of in the first order. Future orders will be full price and it will be kept in stock to keep it available for those who want it in the future.

The fabric should be available to those not on the list in about 1 month.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    At foam now... should be smooth sailing from here on out for this order

The company who made the fabric says the design is too complicated and it sounds like they may not be producing more in the future. So this may change a few things (however if you are on the preorder list nothing will change). I will keep the thread updated with information as it becomes available to me...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    951, LTW M3, GTI
    make them do one more, I need a headliner! let me know if you have enough extra from this order and Ill cough up some $

My Cars
    z3
    Let me know how many yards you want so I can set some aside for you. I think most of it is getting foam applied now but if you let me know how many yards you want I can try to take care of that before it all has foam applied.

I should have enough for most orders including those who contacted me outside of the preorder list, but I just want people be aware that this won't be available forever. The factory did a larger run than we requested this time and told us they'd rather not run this design anymore.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 ///M3
    Will they run any of the other M designs?
    98 BMW /// M3

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Let me know how many yards you want so I can set some aside for you. I think most of it is getting foam applied now but if you let me know how many yards you want I can try to take care of that before it all has foam applied.

I should have enough for most orders including those who contacted me outside of the preorder list, but I just want people be aware that this won't be available forever. The factory did a larger run than we requested this time and told us they'd rather not run this design anymore.

This saddens me

I am not ready to buy any material at this time but I would like to get 5 yards in the future.

My 1 is getting the attention right now

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by bojaxon View Post
    Will they run any of the other M designs?
    Yes we are working on other designs and those will not be impacted by this. It is just the specific design of the M rain they don't want to work with. M cross seems more complicated to me but we will see how things go. M tech for E30's is currently in production and they've made no mention of that fabric being difficult to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post
    This saddens me

I am not ready to buy any material at this time but I would like to get 5 yards in the future.

My 1 is getting the attention right now
    There was a large run produced so its possible it will be available for a little while but this fabric does generate a lot of interest so its impossible to say for sure. I wouldn't say it's going to be out of stock immediately, but I would be a little surprised to see any of remaining through 2016.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    has four wheels
    I need a few yards for the love of god lol... help a brother out
    996TTE39M5R55

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast