estoril e46m with suede/mrain coming

/
    //

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Msilvia View Post
    Got mine in, amazing!

You're going to hate it if I go through with having M-Texture replicated.

Not sure E36 fabrics belong in the E46... but I want M-Texture in my E36.

My Cars
    z3
    Got mine in, amazing!

Glad to hear you received it and are happy with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post

Curious how you plan on replicating the M texture... all the sources I've looked at said if it could be done it would be prohibitibely expensive to do so. I have a sample I've been shopping around to see about getting it replicated but the only real quote I got would put the finished product at $400+ yard sales price which isn't going to work. Most places don't even want to attempt it.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Glad to hear you received it and are happy with it!

Curious how you plan on replicating the M texture... all the sources I've looked at said if it could be done it would be prohibitibely expensive to do so. I have a sample I've been shopping around to see about getting it replicated but the only real quote I got would put the finished product at $400+ yard sales price which isn't going to work. Most places don't even want to attempt it.
    Yup. It wasn't exactly cheap from BMW by the running meter. I feel $400 is a bargain and that you sold your product too cheap. Although aside from the simple backing on M-Texture, the alcantara for that type of project remains 100% OE.

My Cars
    z3
    Well my goal was never to make money off this. I just wanted to see it made available again as I love the fabric and drool every time I see it installed. So this will allow more people to have it Good luck with your endeavours!

For anyone interested, these 15/16" cuts I have are a perfect size for door panel inserts. 4 yards should take care of all 4 door inserts for a coupe (probably a sedan too...)

I can do 4 yards of the 15/16" stuff for $140 shipped.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E70d
    Did you ship my order from Mailboxes Etc? I keep missing the delivery and just want to make sure I'm taking off work for the appropriate reason. It's rare for me to have several packages coming in without having a tracking number, otherwise I wouldn't have to ask.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Well my goal was never to make money off this. I just wanted to see it made available again as I love the fabric and drool every time I see it installed. So this will allow more people to have it Good luck with your endeavours!

For anyone interested, these 15/16" cuts I have are a perfect size for door panel inserts. 4 yards should take care of all 4 door inserts for a coupe (probably a sedan too...)

I can do 4 yards of the 15/16" stuff for $140 shipped.
    Your time is worth money. People are willing to pay for good products. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN3RIC View Post
    Did you ship my order from Mailboxes Etc? I keep missing the delivery and just want to make sure I'm taking off work for the appropriate reason. It's rare for me to have several packages coming in without having a tracking number, otherwise I wouldn't have to ask.
    Yes he did... and I have a complaint (my only one as the product is amazing so far...). Using a shipping service has cost us all double what it would cost to ship from his PayPal account off our payment. To me my shipment would have been around $17 insured with signature confirmation through PayPal shipping. I think my charge was $43 on my invoice. I know the box cost money so factor that in too.

I'm not a fan of the UPS store or any shipping centers. The prices are DOUBLE what they should be. Please consider using your paypal account shipping option at the bottom of every paid invoice!

Received mine yesterday. Great stuff. I hope it holds up to sun exposure... this is my only concern.
    Last edited by Braymond141; 07-30-2015 at 10:16 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    Yes.

For everyone, there is a tracking number uploaded via Paypal. It will be "tied" to the transaction. Should be able to just go in and view the transaction and view the tracking info from there
    Yes he did... and I have a complaint (my only one as the product is amazing so far...). Using a shipping service has cost us all double what it would cost to ship from his PayPal account off our payment. To me my shipment would have been around $17 insured with signature confirmation through PayPal shipping. I think my charge was $43 on my invoice. I know the box cost money so factor that in too.
    You would be right except one thing - I used to work at that location and am still friends with the owner - I'll be helping him again during the busy holiday season later this year. I invoice people shipping costs based off Paypal shipping label costs. I then go the store and see if he will price match the Paypal label cost - usually he does so I buy through him. I don't charge customers, nor do I pay, his "retail" rates. Fun little side note but I've actually received 7 invoices from UPS for "overcharge" fees because of "dimensional weight" ...whatever that is

The fabric was UV tested by the factory, not sure what all that process entails, but they said it was passed all relevant tests. Regardless, I'm leaving a cut of fabric in my window to test for sun fading. If the Phoenix, AZ sun won't cause it to fade I doubt anything will.
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 07-30-2015 at 11:57 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Yes.

For everyone, there is a tracking number uploaded via Paypal. It will be "tied" to the transaction. Should be able to just go in and view the transaction and view the tracking info from there

You would be right except one thing - I used to work at that location and am still friends with the owner - I'll be helping him again during the busy holiday season later this year. I invoice people shipping costs based off Paypal shipping label costs. I then go the store and see if he will price match the Paypal label cost - usually he does so I buy through him. I don't charge customers, nor do I pay, his "retail" rates. Fun little side note but I've actually received 7 invoices from UPS for "overcharge" fees because of "dimensional weight" ...whatever that is

The fabric was UV tested by the factory, not sure what all that process entails, but they said it was passed all relevant tests. Regardless, I'm leaving a cut of fabric in my window to test for sun fading. If the Phoenix, AZ sun won't cause it to fade I doubt anything will.
    It pulled up $19.58 on UPS calculator not logged into my account. This was off your dimensions, weight, insurance and ship from zip code. I've been shipping items for internet businesses for 16 years now.

Paypal is $23.xx with insurance, $18.56 without. Your "friend" is giving you no discount.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    z3
    That address is not the address my shipping calculator uses. That is the address of the store, which is in a different zip code. My shipping label generator generates from my home address - I generate the label to see the cost, then go and see if he price matches. But I have a PO box at that address so given this info I will add that address to my label calculator and hopefully save costs in the future.

That is the tool I use to generate shipping costs and I have to log in to use it. So I'd imagine if you have any discounts already applied, this will be reflected in the tool.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E70d
    Received mine. Looks like great stuff.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    still haven't heard back BB, I didn't know you got the fabric in. I was still waiting on an invoice?..
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    z3
    Received mine. Looks like great stuff.
    Good to hear Can't wait to start seeing some pics of this fabric installed!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n View Post
    still haven't heard back BB, I didn't know you got the fabric in. I was still waiting on an invoice?..
    Thought I replied to you but may have missed it. You are 31st on the list and will be invoiced when the next batch of fabric is in and ready to go. There are 53 yards before your order so if all those 53 yards pay then your fabric will come from the third package of the next batch.

I have an extra cut I can use for samples, $1 shipped for a sample
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-01-2015 at 06:42 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Good to hear Can't wait to start seeing some pics of this fabric installed!!!

Thought I replied to you but may have missed it. You are 31st on the list and will be invoiced when the next batch of fabric is in and ready to go. There are 53 yards before your order so if all those 53 yards pay then your fabric will come from the third package of the next batch.

I have an extra cut I can use for samples, $1 shipped for a sample
    oh, ok, no worries. When will you have the next batch? Send me an invoice for the $1 sample please. Thanks
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    z3
    Samples for everyone can be ordered through here:

http://www.bmwfabric.com/#!product-p...5-061854da1359

Cheers

edit: Actually I realized I'm going to have to do them for $1.50 because I forgot Paypal takes .30 for each transcation in addition to the 2.9%

The next 100 yards will be done AUgust 14th and should be ready to ship at the end of the month. Needs 2-3 days to apply foam then about 10 days to ship to me.
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-02-2015 at 06:50 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    chariot of the gods
    Do you have different thicknesses of foam? I'm covering a headliner and door cards so I'd imagine it should be thinner than the backing you would use for seats

My Cars
    z3
    We can do headliner-specific foam applications but I would need the money paid upfront and there is a lead time on that. Or I can sell it without any foam applied at all and usually people can find local shops to help out with that. Let me sort out the rest of the pre-orders and then I can help you with that if it's something you really want done.

I'll also mention that I'll have genuine Alcantara available soon, I'm purchasing some full-width stuff for headliners that comes with the proper foam for that application. Most of my money is tied up in the next fabric order but once I get the money back out of that I'll place the order and get it in.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E70d
    How much per yard on that Alcantara? And-- I hate to ask-- but how many yards might we need? A local upholstery shop just quoted me $1725 for 15 yards of Alcantara, which sounds like a colossal joke.

The only bigger joke was the rest of the quote. A total of $15,000 to recover the front + rear seats and door cards.

My Cars
    z3
    I'm hoping to keep my cost around $100 a yard and based on initial quotes I should be able to do that. Most places (JPM, Gulf, etc) selling this type of Alcantara charge $105-120/yard. $1725 is a bit much but at my ~$100/yard +S/H I'd probably be about $1600 or a hair under, so their quote isn't too far off for genuine Alcantara.

$15,000 for all of that sounds like a joke though. And 15 yards I think is too much for a whole interior. Next time I'm in an E36 I'll take some measurements and see if I can get an estimate. Off hand I think 10 yards should more than do it for one interior including the headliner. But I could be off by a huge amount, most my time is spent in a much smaller Z3...

I'm still working on getting vader templates premade so it can be a DIY install for this stuff, but as of right now I'm still working on sourcing the skin. Once I get one I can use it will be simple work to get the templates made to avoid $15k quotes for reupholstery for people... that is REALLY excessive tbh!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E70d
    Tell me about it. I'll just buy 3 more rescue E36s for that bill.

Looking forward to hearing what other people get for estimates. Also very interested in estimations as to how much yardage is needed of alcantara.

My Cars
    98 M3
    The only bigger joke was the rest of the quote. A total of $15,000 to recover the front + rear seats and door cards.
    LOL I'll sell you my OEM black rain for half that. Reaaalllly good deal bro. Bro deal for you bro.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 Touring
    If anyone wants 6 yards right now I will be putting mine up for sale, total would be $560 shipped in the lower 48. Decided to sell the car in the next month or so, won't be needing the fabric!

My Cars
    E70d
    Twin Cities eh..? Details on the car, too? PM if you feel like it.

Slightly more on topic: got a second quote from another automotive upholstery shop, $500 per front seat, $600 for the backseat. No superfluous, trumped up charges. Much more reasonable.

My Cars
    E368x2 / F15

Belong schmelong....I prefer the rain. So 90s.

/
    //

My Cars
    z3
    Slightly more on topic: got a second quote from another automotive upholstery shop, $500 per front seat, $600 for the backseat. No superfluous, trumped up charges. Much more reasonable.
    Those prices seem much more reasonable. I'd make sure to find examples of their past work to make sure it's up to snuff. I'd also make sure they know what they are up against as the vaders in particular are a bit more complex a design than 90% of the seats out there especially if you want to retain the 100% OEM look. But that price is definitely in the right ballpark!

Belong schmelong....I prefer the rain. So 90s.
    I agree, though I was hoping you'd be throwing it in the M Coupe! Maybe I'll still be the first with M rain in a Z3

All I've got left from this first batch is the 4 yards of 15" fabric with foam applied. $160 shipped to your door... should be the perfect amount to do front and rear door panels. Next batch should be arriving in a few weeks. It is on the loom now

Got another box of E36 goodies getting shipped to me this friday I'm pretty excited about

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast