Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: •Official• M Rain Fabric Thread

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by GEN3RIC View Post
    Here's to hoping I am included in the next batch and receive an invoice soon. Decided to purchase some Vaders for this project after all. Just couldn't waste this fabric on regular sedan seats.
    You are one of the first for the second order (85 yards before you, so the whole first 53 yards will be spoken for)
    Quote Originally Posted by humarahumara View Post
    also never got the invoice.
    Just sent one. I'll be sending all invoices manually from now on. Thought I found a cool way to automate things but doesn't seem to be working very well...

All orders are shipping fully insured and those with a value over $500 are requiring signature delivery. If you want signature confirmation on a lower cost order, just let me know. Doesn't add a lot to the cost but prevents it from being left on your front yard if you aren't home.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    91 318is E30/92 325i E36
    I did not receive an invoice... am I on the first order?

My Cars
    98 M3
    Sent you a quick PM with a shipping question. Thanks.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    E70d
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    You are one of the first for the second order (85 yards before you, so the whole first 53 yards will be spoken for)
    Aw yes, thanks!

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by dundee256 View Post
    I did not receive an invoice... am I on the first order?
    Because of how the fabric was cut I'm not sure I can get you in on the first oder. It was three rolls (one of the two pictured had a smaller 15 yard roll inside of it), and I ended up with just under enough to get you the quantity you want. I may be able to slot you in depending on if some of the other early orders don't pay. There is one 8 yard order in front of you and if he doesn't pay I'll shoot you an invoice and get it out to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Sent you a quick PM with a shipping question. Thanks.
    I'll mention this publicly as well...

I can't really do the free shipping as I orignally thought. The fabric ended up being thicker than I anticipated, and by doubling the width it has to be put in a much larger box than I originally thought. Beyond that - I had some shipped to me folded in half to see how it would come out and it ended up with a very "hard" crease and because it was folded like that it ended up with deep wrinkles along the length of the fold. Some minor wrinkles are normal as a result of it being rolled (in case any of you end up with some wrinkled fabric just iron these out carefully or have your upholstery shop do it) but the hard crease would not come out at all. This would mean that the usable fabric is a lot less than what it would be if not folded. It's really important to me that the customer ends up with a good product, and in order to get the best quality product to the customer this means it will have to ship in a full size box. At the end of the day I'd rather lose a customer then have someone pay for fabric that arrives at their door in a condition they wouldn't be happy with.

The remainder of the first 100 yards are in the mail to me now and the next 100 yards is almost done with production. It's in the loom now if I understand correctly - I'll double check on that tonight.

Edit: Also, all the paid orders have shipped today. Payments received before 6pm my time will ship tonight as well.

Don't want to wait?
    I have a 27" (~2/3 yard) x 52" piece available for purchase immediately! $90 shipped to continental US! Or add to your existing order for $80

Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 07-17-2015 at 06:32 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    Techno M3/4/5
    Any grey?

My Cars
    1995 DVM M3
    I want 2 yards, I would also take that 27" piece off your hands.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by DakarDario View Post
    Any grey?
    Not currently, but if there is enough interest we can make it happen. We would also need a small sample to make it happen. It's not currently our priority, though we are working on other fabrics right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supawing View Post
    I want 2 yards, I would also take that 27" piece off your hands.
    I am taking care of all the pre-orders first and future orders will be managed through the site here: www.bmwfabric.com - prices in the future will be $120 per yard and 6+ yards for $115/yard
    Until the pre-orders are taken care of the only thing I have available is the 27" x 52" material

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    '90 CRX Si, '88 Henna M3, '95 DV M3, '04 LSB M3
    Following for a future gray possibility.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3

My Cars
    z3
    Keep in mind guys the minimum order for a fabric run is 200 yards. And I would need a sample of the gray to make it happen at all. I need at least 150 yards worth of commited buyers to do gray... once I have some other projects out of the way I'm going to start gauging interest but there needs to be enough comitted buyers to justify producing it before I spend the money to get it made. I'm going to do some other fabrics for other models before looping back and doing other E36 fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    Waiting on my invoice too
    Even though you are lower on the list I'm going to invoice you now, I have 2 segments of 5 yards pre-cut and you are the third 5 yard segment on the list. The first hasn't paid yet so I'm jumping down to the next two on the list which includes you.

Those with 5-7 yards will have cheaper shipping next week as I bought the wrong size boxes for this size. I was hoping they'd fit in a 4x4x60 but they are just a little too large. So some 6x6x60 boxes are on the way (I'm using 8x8x60 for larger orders).

For anyone who wants the 27" excess, I'm going to throw it up on the site here: http://www.bmwfabric.com/#!product-p...a-97726d514878
    Other excess cuts will also be added into that page. I'm trying to minimize excess as best I can though

More orders shipped out this morning
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 07-18-2015 at 03:04 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    All of the first order is accounted and paid for except a 5 yard cut and a 2 yard cut! Hope everyone enjoys the fabric

Ended up with another ~27" excess today after cutting the last piece. Lowered the price - click here to check it out! Enter code "Rain" at checkout to save another $10!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    B5 Audi A4
    Do you have an estimated time of when the second roll of fabric will arrive to you??

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by GSM07challenger View Post
    Do you have an estimated time of when the second roll of fabric will arrive to you??
    Your no foam yards are coming in the third order and should hopefully be here by the end of next week.

Ninja edit
    just for anyone who's paid an invoice for 4-7 yards recently and want to know whats going on...
    I mentioned this in the memo section on most of the invoices for orders in this quantity but I may have missed mentioning it on a few. For orders of this size I'm waiting for the proper 6x6x60 box to show up to ship them. All I have now is 4x4x60 which is too small and 8x8x60. It's $20 cheaper to ship in the 6x6 and the invoices reflect that pricing. These orders (I think there are 6 of you...) are pre-cut, rolled up, and ready to ship as soon as the boxes arrive. I think UPS is sending out e-mails when labels are printed so keep an eye out for one. If they haven't shipped by the 26th (they SHOULD ship by the 23rd) and you haven't seen an update about it please get in touch

Hope the earlier orders are starting to get their fabric soon! Please let me know all your feedback once it gets to you guys!
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 07-21-2015 at 12:44 AM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1994 325is
    Yes +1 on the gray!

My Cars
    z3
    The boxes should arrive today and I'll be getting out the last of those 5/6 yard orders who have already paid. Looking like another package should be arriving tomorrow or early next week and I'll be getting some more invoices out once it arrives

edit: all pending orders shipped (except one who paid just two days ago... that will go out ASAP)
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 07-23-2015 at 08:47 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    Got in two more packages this morning... all pending orders will ship out this afternoon and I'm going to wait a bit to invoice the rest of you since this means the last of the 100 yards from the first order are now gone. Thanks to everyone for being a part of this and making this happen. I love this fabric and can't wait to see what some of you guys do with it

I also believe I got my genuine Alcantara 9002 today. This is the smaller-width stuff, but it will be available immediately as I haven't done any pre-orders for it. It's the real deal and eventually once I order the full-width stuff I'll make "headliner kits" available which will include just enough to do headliners. For now though, due to it's width it's perfect for doing small little trim pieces, A/B/C pillars, etc... I'll also have some 16" tall M rain fabric available. Great for doing trims, shift boots, any little things you want to match the fabric without having to buy the full width stuff.

The Alcantara and small-width M rain will be available on www.bmwfabric.com later this afternoon once I get it out and photographed and measured

Thanks again... without you guys this couldn't have ever happened! The next 100 yards will be ordered as soon as my supplier gets back from his vacation (just a couple days!)

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E70d
    That's great. I haven't sourced any alcantara for my bolsters but I did get my donor vaders yesterday. So ready for this.

We may have single-handedly devalued M cloth seats, but I don't care, they're just gorgeous.

My Cars
    1997 M3 Boston/Modena
    I am in for Grey as well. I'm sure we could easily get the number of people you're looking for. Equality for all!
    1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena

My Cars
    98 M3
    As someone who has m cloth seats, my desire to have the access to fabric to fix them in case anything happens strongly outweighs my desire to be able to gouge an enthusiast for an extra $800 for an interior I'd never sell. It's still rare, and still as awesome as ever. Now the worries of every time I sit in them are gone.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    The original seats were Amaretta. While similar in concept to Alcantara, Amaretta looks more suede like with longer fibers. Alcantara is very neat and tidy in comparison. This will still look great though and I know of no source for Amaretta or similar.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    The original seats were Amaretta. While similar in concept to Alcantara, Amaretta looks more suede like with longer fibers. Alcantara is very neat and tidy in comparison. This will still look great though and I know of no source for Amaretta or similar.
    Seems it is still available:

http://www.clarino-am.com/automotive.php

My Cars
    z3
    Yes OEM was Amaretta, I personally do prefer Alcantara though and BMW moved from Amaretta to Alcantara after the E36. Cleaner is a great way to describe it... when I first saw Amaretta my first thoughts were "Wow that Alcantara has seen better days!" as it looks like Alcantara after a lot of abuse when it gets "matted" a bit. With brand new reproduction fabric I think the Alcantara will be a great look and before I even intended to carry any was recommending it... it's a great product. (Ok full disclosure, I'm a complete sucker for Alcantara... my old M5 had an Alcantara steering wheel, e-brake/shift boots and trim...)

The Alcantara I have is a little thicker than the stuff I had before and the mesh style is a little different. I'll post up some detailed info about this later. Seems it should be well suited to seat bolsters and etc since it's a bit thicker, but I want to make sure.

OEM Amaratta/M rain on top, Alcantara/Reproduction M Rain on bottom

I've got some excess that is available immediately. I have some ~15" tall with foam, a few yards of ~15" with no foam and the Alcantara is 21" with perforations on the edge, giving about 20.5" of usable fabric. I think this M rain would be great for shift boots/e-brake boots and etc, or any other little projects such as wrapping a trim or something where you want the look without buying a full yard.

Alcantara and 15" cuts available here: www.bmwfabric.com
    Prices on website include shipping.

Or contact me directly at
    to purchase!
    M Rain 15": $30/yard +S/H
    Alcantara 20.5": $40/yard +S/H
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 07-27-2015 at 09:11 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 M3
    Got my package today. Great product, well packed. Couldn't be better OEM or not. Insanely good work man.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Got my package today. Great product, well packed. Couldn't be better OEM or not. Insanely good work man.
    Great to hear! I was thinking today some of the earlier packages should be showing up by now and was a bit worried as I hadn't yet received any feedback! Glad to hear it made it ok and you are happy with it

Edit: Last of the first 100 yards is officially gone!!! Still got plenty of the 15" segments and the Alcantara
    Next 100 yards is finishing production soon, will get it in and out to the next customers as soon as I can!
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 07-28-2015 at 04:11 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast