Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: •Official• M Rain Fabric Thread

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketMaster View Post
    Those seats look amazing. I would really be interested in cost. Seems they do great work.
    Thought I had replied to this earlier, oops. Cost depends on what you want done and if you will provide your own seats. A full interior is about $1600-2500 depending on materials used and specific seats. Shipping is what usually kills the deal with stuff like this, shipping a full interior can be as much as $800. I am still trying to source a vader seat so I can get seat templates made for that so people can just buy seat skins to install on their seats, but I haven't been able to find any affordable vaders and most my money was spent producing the new fabrics so I just don't have the cash right now to buy a vader at the prices most are asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimenta46 View Post
    I sent you a PM, didnt know if you received.
    PM was replied, I have had a few people asking about gray M Rain. I do not have gray currently available and if demand warrants it I can make it but need a sample of it first.

M Cross, M Hurricane and M Stripe fabrics are done, foam is applied and it will be ready to ship to customers within about 2-3 weeks
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 10-30-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Please make sure if you're making Vaders skins to;

-Know the difference between early Vaders (up to mid 95) and late vaders (mid 95-99).
    -Proper mint condition foam untouched (meaning no folded over failing foam and no random upholstery guy's interpretation of shape).
    -No baggy skins. All too often we see Autoberry skins look like crap all installed.

If they are being done by the same guy who did the E31 seats, then obviously never mind, they know what they are doing. Looking forward to seeing those done. I'd be interested in a rear seat skin myself.

My Cars
    98 M3
    What is the difference in early vs late Vader skins? I know the headrests are different, and the actual seat construction differences. Would early skins not fit late and vice versa?

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    Please make sure if you're making Vaders skins to;

-Know the difference between early Vaders (up to mid 95) and late vaders (mid 95-99).
    -Proper mint condition foam untouched (meaning no folded over failing foam and no random upholstery guy's interpretation of shape).
    -No baggy skins. All too often we see Autoberry skins look like crap all installed.

If they are being done by the same guy who did the E31 seats, then obviously never mind, they know what they are doing. Looking forward to seeing those done. I'd be interested in a rear seat skin myself.
    They will be made by the same person who did the E31 seats, and we will be using a 96+ vader with new foam, so it should all work nicely.

I get the feeling a lot of aftermarket seat skins never look quite right because they are designed for seats with foam in original condition and are designed to be "shrunk" into place. Installing the leather skin then steaming it should both expand the foam closer to it's original shape and tighten the leather. Most upholstery shops will do this but I think a lot of people who install those types of skins do it in a DIY fashion and don't take note of that step. But I may be wrong, I have never used those types of skins myself - maybe they are indeed just a bad fit. Either way, our skins will have the best fit and finish possible.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    Bimmerbreaker: sent you an email

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    z3
    PM replied

M Cross and M Hurricane are done. It will be available at the discounted rate through December 1st, shipping out by late November
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 11-07-2016 at 01:30 AM.

My Cars
    ModelS;CayenneD;M5;MCx2
    BimmerBreaker... I'm currently redoing the seats on my e36 M3 LTW... would be interested in all red Hurricane. Also... do you (or anyone you can direct me to) know of where to find/buy the OE cloth bolster materials? I' trying to stay oe and away from the alcantara.

Thanks,
    Patrick

My Cars
    98 M3
    Any updates on the belts?

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    1997 M3 Coupé CSM
    Wow, that is damn sexy! Hopefully this will still be around in a few years when I could justify redoing my interior.

My Cars
    z3
    Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!
    Black Friday Sale!
    20% off any order
    Enter code "BlackFriday" at checkout!
    Valid now until Monday at midnight

Quote Originally Posted by trkshoe View Post
    BimmerBreaker... I'm currently redoing the seats on my e36 M3 LTW... would be interested in all red Hurricane. Also... do you (or anyone you can direct me to) know of where to find/buy the OE cloth bolster materials? I' trying to stay oe and away from the alcantara.

Thanks,
    Patrick
    Red Hurricane was not produced this run as demand was very minimal as we ran up to the production window. A few people asked about it awhile ago but in following up none were ready to buy, so we just have regular Hurricane at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Any updates on the belts?
    Not quite yet. Ive been grounded for about a week, had an emergency surgery last weekend (not what I had planned for that Saturday, thats for sure) but am back on my feet now and checking on these things as we speak. Our main priority recently has been finishing all the fabrics we had just produced, but now that those are ready we can look at these other projects we had started. Demand is high for seatbelts so we will make progress on it as quickly as we can.
    Quote Originally Posted by yurisuika View Post
    Wow, that is damn sexy! Hopefully this will still be around in a few years when I could justify redoing my interior.
    Well it seems like we will have a circulating inventory. We made M Rain first, but there is now a limited quantity of that left but we have M Cross, M Hurricane and M Stripe all available in good quantity. We also have Gray Uberkaro available and have some more fabrics planned. Eventually we may loop back to doing M Rain, but no guarantees one way or the other. We may do a run in Gray if we end up making a second run of any of these fabrics. There is currently only about 30y left of the M Rain

Edit: M Hurricane arrived today and is ready to ship out! M Cross is in transit to me now...
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 11-25-2016 at 03:51 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    '94 M3 E36 S50B30
    What about alcantara? Do you intend to get some 58' again??

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Neubauten View Post
    What about alcantara? Do you intend to get some 58' again??
    Yes I just placed an order, this time it will have a thin layer of foam, which some buyers have told me would be better for headliner use. My local shop told me the same thing after having a bit of difficulty making my no-foam Alcantara work on a project I brought them. I can still get the no foam material for anyone who requests it.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Have we figured out how to get this fabric installed on door cards?

I'm contemplating if this would look good on my sparcos.

If I could get this on my seats and door cards, I would be thrilled.
    Last edited by KnudsonsM3; 11-27-2016 at 04:36 AM.

My Cars
    M3/4/5, '11 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Yes I just placed an order, this time it will have a thin layer of foam, which some buyers have told me would be better for headliner use. My local shop told me the same thing after having a bit of difficulty making my no-foam Alcantara work on a project I brought them. I can still get the no foam material for anyone who requests it.
    Do you have a local guy that would use your fabric to redo headliners and a, b, c pillars and the parcel shelf? Any idea on price?

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post

No foam for complex surfaces like the E36.

My Cars
    98 M3

Its not hard to install on all doorcards. Just found it hard for myself to pull it off on the later doorcards with airbags. The inserts are riveted. Also, as braymond said. No foam for sure.

My Cars
    z3

As others have said, use the no foam material on door cards. Much easier that way.

I will have some more no foam material coming in shortly, though I also have some just tall enough for door cards for anyone interested in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by finnishkid View Post
    Do you have a local guy that would use your fabric to redo headliners and a, b, c pillars and the parcel shelf? Any idea on price?
    I get all my stuff sent in as finished products, so I don't work with any particular shops in the area. I'd just call local shops and get some quotes - most I've talked to in the past quoted around $400-500.

Sale ends Monday at midnight! Sold a few yards already, and just as a note - all the M Rain stock left is currently either here or in transit to me... whats left now is all we will have left until we make another run. We also aren't working with the factory who made the M Rain anymore, so there may be small differences in future runs of the material (not likely to be anything super noticeable, but none the less...).
    Sooo... Get this M Rain while you can!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Are you selling the M8 fabric now? A friend is telling me a FB group has a guy listing it for $125/yd

My Cars
    z3
    Are you selling the M8 fabric now? A friend is telling me a FB group has a guy listing it for $125/yd
    Yes, the gray material is available but I don't have it in yet. I have a small order of 10 yards coming to me now, I will make it available for purchase on the website now and it will ship once it arrives. My price is $140/yard, getting cheaper for each additional yard ordered - after factoring in shipping is the same as the $125/yard price (or cheaper depending on order size).

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Yes, the gray material is available but I don't have it in yet. I have a small order of 10 yards coming to me now, I will make it available for purchase on the website now and it will ship once it arrives. My price is $140/yard, getting cheaper for each additional yard ordered - after factoring in shipping is the same as the $125/yard price (or cheaper depending on order size).
    oops. Didn't see the Jahre was gray compared to the black M8 fabric. I'll be waiting for the black variant.
    Last edited by Braymond141; 11-29-2016 at 10:45 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    Sorry for the late reply, I accidently unsubscribed from this thread Black M Stripe is coming with the Gray as well... should be here in a couple weeks or maybe a bit longer depending how long the holidays delay things.

M Cross will also be here soon for those who have been asking M Cross should be here later this week

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Awesome. Please notify me when the black comes in

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I understand not liking that the OEM seats may depreciate, but to be honest I think the value of the original fabric seats is more than just the rarity. I don't see this fabric having a huge impact on the price of good condition OEM interiors. I would however imagine that it may affect the demand of said interiors as there is now a reasonable alternative.

At the end of the day I jumped into this because I wanted M Rain in my Z3. But I couldn't afford the fabric (and then it went NLA!) nor could I justify ripping apart an OEM interior to "gut" it to get what I wanted for my interior. Then I realized there are tons of other guys out there lusting after this fabric who can't afford it. So at the end of the day I'm doing this to give every enthusiast a chance to build their dream BMW. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Awesome. I'm so happy you are doing what you're doing. I have a white 1995 M3 with black leather. The passenger seat is A+ and the Drivers' seat is B+. I'd love nothing more than to replace the covers with M Cross fabric (and Amaretta) and add low back support to both seats.

I think the Vader Templates are crucial. Almost every Vader recover I've seen doesn't have the clean lines and sharp angles that the original Vaders had from the factory. Our cars weren't Chevy Tahoe's with their over-stuffed, inexpensive, shiny leather and simple stitching. No offense to anyone that owns a Tahoe or something like it, but you gotta admit, our cars' seats had a very unique look and feel from the factory. Look at the seats in a new Porsche 911 or M3. The seats look athletic and lean. The foam is firm. The finish is dull and the leather is stretched tight without ANY wrinkles or in consistencies. That really suits the car's personality.

I think the next thing would be finding a company to completely redo the seat foams with a high quality, firm and supportive foam. And maybe an option for a SUBTLE lumbar support.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    my chair

Any remnants available?

Hi
    I was wondering If anyone had some scrap pieces left over?
    Would need like 20 inches by 3 inches
    Or 2 piecea of 10x3
    If so please PM me and let me know
    Much appreciated!

My Cars
    z3
    Awesome. Please notify me when the black comes in
    It will be here within a week or so hopefully. The tracking info slowed to a crawl during the holiday season but just had another update. If you know the size you want I can hold some for you, as others are already buying some and I don't have a lot in this first order. I have more coming in the future though.

Quote Originally Posted by UjsW8nC View Post
    Awesome. I'm so happy you are doing what you're doing. I have a white 1995 M3 with black leather. The passenger seat is A+ and the Drivers' seat is B+. I'd love nothing more than to replace the covers with M Cross fabric (and Amaretta) and add low back support to both seats.

I think the Vader Templates are crucial. Almost every Vader recover I've seen doesn't have the clean lines and sharp angles that the original Vaders had from the factory. Our cars weren't Chevy Tahoe's with their over-stuffed, inexpensive, shiny leather and simple stitching. No offense to anyone that owns a Tahoe or something like it, but you gotta admit, our cars' seats had a very unique look and feel from the factory. Look at the seats in a new Porsche 911 or M3. The seats look athletic and lean. The foam is firm. The finish is dull and the leather is stretched tight without ANY wrinkles or in consistencies. That really suits the car's personality.

I think the next thing would be finding a company to completely redo the seat foams with a high quality, firm and supportive foam. And maybe an option for a SUBTLE lumbar support.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As far as I am aware OEM seat foam can still be bought, there are also options to add lumbar support in some clever ways such as little air bladders that you can install where you want lumbar support that you can then pump up with air.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstik View Post
    Hi
    I was wondering If anyone had some scrap pieces left over?
    Would need like 20 inches by 3 inches
    Or 2 piecea of 10x3
    If so please PM me and let me know
    Much appreciated!
    I have some extra pieces listed here

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast