Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: •Official• M Rain Fabric Thread

My Cars
    z3
    Look at this sample we made the other day...

If anyone has M cross, we are missing about 1" of the full pattern but have down the thread count and sewing style... just need that last bit of pattern so we can finish it and bring it to market. If anyone has some M cross they can loan us with the full pattern please let me know
    Your sample will be returned in full, original condition. We just need to see it for the pattern and can give you 2 yards M cross for free in exchange (would offer more but this fabric will have to sell for more than M rain, it is very complicated pattern and expensive to produce)

But because we are producing M Cross from a different company it means we only need 50y committed buyers to do special runs of alternate colors (like second picture above)

Some no-foam M rain is in the mail to me currently, btw... for those waiting

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    98 M3
    I'll definitely pick up enough for an interior if that gets done.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    4Runner/911
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Some no-foam M rain is in the mail to me currently, btw... for those waiting
    Please update once it's available. I need a yard or two of that.
    1988 911 - Carb'd - Twin Plug - 3.6
    1999 SL 500
    2016 4Runner TEP - Gone
    1995 M3 - LS2 - Gone
    1998 M3 - Gone
    1991 M5 - Gone
    1993 RS America - Gone
    1995 M3 - Gone

My Cars
    e36 m3 S50B30Euro
    Hello guys! will be ever possible to reproduce also Grey M rain? I have grey rain in my '94 m3...
    Thanks

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    I'll definitely pick up enough for an interior if that gets done.
    If you can help get us some M Cross to get us the rest of the pattern we will be able to give you a reasonable amount in exchange, either 2 free yards or a larger quantity of yards at-cost
    Quote Originally Posted by GG Allin View Post
    Please update once it's available. I need a yard or two of that.
    Of course I have 10 yards coming in for now but a little more is available in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragia View Post
    Hello guys! will be ever possible to reproduce also Grey M rain? I have grey rain in my '94 m3...
    Thanks
    Not currently looking to reproduce the Gray M rain. If someone wants to help produce it immediately they will have to help with production costs by buying a large quantity up front. We have a lot of money tied up in this M rain as it is and introducing another almost identical product makes little sense when we have opportunities now to create new fabrics for other cars.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    99 H.Rot m3/ Abarth 500c
    If you get M cross re-printed let me know.

My Cars
    1996 E36 M3 Evo
    The very beginning of a long process...

'96 M3, S50B32, 6MT
    + good stuff

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    ^^ why leather?

My Cars
    '02 C5 Z06, '09 LS3 C6
    Is the M Rain still available? Status update here. I've read through the thread...it seems to come in waves of having and not having it. Just not clear.
    I bought an E28 535i sight unseen, drove down the entire west coast along the shoreline, then across the souther border of the US. I buy cars as far from home as possible, and turn them into vacations with a bonus at the end...a car to keep! Check out my most recent journey here.. http://damiannunimaker.com/the-u-s-p...-year-old-bmw/

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by M3AN View Post
    The very beginning of a long process...

Is there anything I can do to convince you to get alcantara instead of the leather. It looks so bad

My Cars
    1996 E36 M3 Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketMaster View Post
    ^^ why leather?
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    Is there anything I can do to convince you to get alcantara instead of the leather. It looks so bad

The reason why is simply that it was easy to get a half leather rear seat to convert and I don't think it looks bad. The fronts are (read: will be) Alcantara.

The half leather rear seat cost me US$8 so it was a bit of a no-brainer. If I come to hate it down the track, or if I don't think it suits when I've done the whole car I can change it then.

My priority is the front, I hardly see the rear. And I obviously needed something to replace the Lotus White! Besides, I don't have enough Alcantara to do the back at this stage.

I still need to warm it all up, work it around a bit and put in all the hog rings and since it's winter here that'll take a while but it's coming along.

Last edited by M3AN; 06-28-2016 at 04:27 AM.
    '96 M3, S50B32, 6MT
    + good stuff

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    You will go insane if you try and please Braymond (no offense) I truly wish he worked for bmw
    CBlock

My Cars
    1996 E36 M3 Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    You will go insane if you try and please Braymond (no offense) I truly wish he worked for bmw
    Rest assured, I'm not trying to please him or anyone other than myself. Doing so is a fool's errand.

I tend to try to be prepared to see it from all angles and I'm no perfectionist so that helps enormously.
    '96 M3, S50B32, 6MT
    + good stuff

My Cars
    z3
    No-foam M rain is in stock!!!
    Click here to purchase

Please note the no-foam material will ship folded up. A standard clothes iron will remove any wrinkles that develop.

It actually got here last week, sorry for being slow to update... I am recovering from a surgery and haven't been able to lift heavy objects or anything (these rolls of fabric get pretty heavy) and so it has just been sitting packaged up in my spare room. Now that I can move a little bit I am able to ship it out so I am letting you guys know about it. Will PM a few of you who expressed interest in the no foam material

Very limited quantities of the no foam available. Get it while the getting is... gettable

I also have more of the Alcantara with foam in 21.5" height available now and the full-width 58" material coming. 58" material will be $5 more per yard than last time due to fluctuations in the euro (yes, USD is stronger vs. the euro, but I buy from a supplier in Europe and their currency vs. the Euro has fluctuated)
    Hoping from here on out Alcantara will be perpetually in stock

Quote Originally Posted by rc000e View Post
    Is the M Rain still available? Status update here. I've read through the thread...it seems to come in waves of having and not having it. Just not clear.
    I keep the stock updated on www.bmwfabric.com - so if it is on there, it is available
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 06-30-2016 at 09:09 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    4Runner/911
    I received my one yard of no foam fabric today, thanks. I was wondering before it got here whether or not it was going to be enough to do both door cards and the rear seat side cards. It is in fact, plenty.

1999 SL 500
    2016 4Runner TEP - Gone
    1995 M3 - LS2 - Gone
    1998 M3 - Gone
    1991 M5 - Gone
    1993 RS America - Gone
    1995 M3 - Gone

My Cars
    z3
    Yup, the no foam material is slightly taller than the material with foam so one yard should be enough for all door panels in most applications. About 70" vs. 58" - it can be ironed with a normal clothes iron to remove the crease.

I just got in some of the full-width Alcantara today so all types of Alcantara and M rain is currently in stock

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    Currently M Rain is on sale!

Over 15% off!
    No coupon code required!
    Exact discount depends on quantity ordered

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1995 M3 LTW
    For seats, would you recommend the M-rain / Alcantara with or without foam? Anyone have pics of some current projects?

My Cars
    98 M3
    With FOR SURE.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    98 M3
    Well. Since I can't recover my doorcards due to the later riveted design of the later airbag style, my wife decided to put the fabric to good use.
    Don't mind the mess. We are moving next week.
    Untitled by Chris West, on Flickr
    Untitled by Chris West, on Flickr

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman90 View Post
    For seats, would you recommend the M-rain / Alcantara with or without foam? Anyone have pics of some current projects?
    For seats you want both the M Rain and the Alcantara to be the foam variants
    The no foam variants of either material is used for door panels or headliners

There are some pictures of M rain installed on race seats here
    Yet to see any finished E36 interiors but can't imagine it'd look different from OEM. I do know an 8 series is being done in M rain though:

Well. Since I can't recover my doorcards due to the later riveted design of the later airbag style, my wife decided to put the fabric to good use.
    Don't mind the mess. We are moving next week.
    Cute dog! He's got the coolest collar on the block Strange those doorcards can't be done. I imagine they could be, just a matter of the effort required?

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 M3
    It's definitely possible, but well beyond my scope of ability. They are really made to be a permanent peice on the later models, unlike the early door cards.
    I'll keep looking for a trustworthy upholsterer that I can trust. Until then I might make a few collars.

My Cars
    z3
    It's definitely possible, but well beyond my scope of ability. They are really made to be a permanent peice on the later models, unlike the early door cards.
    I'll keep looking for a trustworthy upholsterer that I can trust. Until then I might make a few collars.
    Makes sense. This will be something I will experiment eventually, but will be doing my Z3 first

Just as an update... there is a little no-foam material left. About 3, maybe 4 yards as of today. Enough for one headliner or for a few people to do door panels.
    Also running fairly low on the entire stock of this material. Not to say we won't make it again, but I wouldn't expect any more for awhile once this batch is out. So if any of you have been waiting to get it, it's on sale now and with the limited stock left I'd get it while the getting is hot...

Many other exciting things on the way though, including other fabrics...

edit: No foam is now sold out
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-03-2016 at 04:14 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1 Blue, 1 White, 1 Black
    Subscribing. Thank you for putting in the hours and enduring the headaches to provide us with this. Once my car is here, I'll be placing an order!
    Past: '99 Hellrot/Dove M3 | '97 S14 1JZ | '06 Triumph Daytona 675 | '01 330I M-Tech I | '99 Silvia S15 | Current: '96 Estoril/Black M3

Instagram

My Cars
    4Runner/911
    I took a crack at doing one of my door card inserts yesterday. I'll be looking for an interior professional. I simply cannot get the fabric to make all the contours. There has to be some tricks of the trade that I'm not aware of. As mentioned earlier in the thread, there no little to no stretch in the fabric, this causes some issues. Again, I'm looking for a pro, willing to ship my parts to the right shop.
    1999 SL 500
    2016 4Runner TEP - Gone
    1995 M3 - LS2 - Gone
    1998 M3 - Gone
    1991 M5 - Gone
    1993 RS America - Gone
    1995 M3 - Gone

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast