Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: •Official• M Rain Fabric Thread

My Cars
    1996 E36 M3 Evo
    Those 8 series door cards have the fabric 'raining' in opposing directions as well. Going to look pretty odd in the car, how does somebody not notice this?
    '96 M3, S50B32, 6MT
    + good stuff

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    For seats you want both the M Rain and the Alcantara to be the foam variants
    The no foam variants of either material is used for door panels or headliners

There are some pictures of M rain installed on race seats here
    Yet to see any finished E36 interiors but can't imagine it'd look different from OEM. I do know an 8 series is being done in M rain though:

Cute dog! He's got the coolest collar on the block Strange those doorcards can't be done. I imagine they could be, just a matter of the effort required?
    Any pictures or links showing the finished headliner in this material?

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
    Subscribing. Thank you for putting in the hours and enduring the headaches to provide us with this. Once my car is here, I'll be placing an order!
    Thanks, it has definitely been a lot of hard work but well worth it imo. I'm proud to sell this product and have been thrilled to see what people have done with it. Most excited to finish my own interior with it
    Quote Originally Posted by GG Allin View Post
    I took a crack at doing one of my door card inserts yesterday. I'll be looking for an interior professional. I simply cannot get the fabric to make all the contours. There has to be some tricks of the trade that I'm not aware of. As mentioned earlier in the thread, there no little to no stretch in the fabric, this causes some issues. Again, I'm looking for a pro, willing to ship my parts to the right shop.
    The foam can be removed from the material to give it more stretch. I also have some pieces cutoff that could probably be used for door panels, need to double check if that material is the right orientation to do so though. But it has definitely come to my attention that the material with foam will not contour properly to the door cards. As such, since I am currently out of no foam material I recommend simply peeling the foam off for door cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by M3C View Post
    Any pictures or links showing the finished headliner in this material?
    None currently, but think it would look pretty cool. A few people have bought it for such purposes so hoping someone will chime in eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by M3AN View Post
    Those 8 series door cards have the fabric 'raining' in opposing directions as well. Going to look pretty odd in the car, how does somebody not notice this?
    Most the other BMW fabrics that they used have patterns that can easily be reversed to "lean" forward on both door cards (like this for instance). M Rain is much more directional, and as such can't really be "reversed" from side to side, so I think this will look as good as any other orientation. It would almost have to be actually printed in reverse to match the way other OEM interiors are done. All the M rain interiors I have seen are the same way the 8 series door cards are, with the door cards leaning in opposite directions... see below

Alcantara Sale!
    For a limited time I am doing $100/yard on the Alcantara 58" material... bought a lot of this material and need some cash to buy some new fabrics we have on the way
    Buy it HERE
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-14-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    z3
    M Rain sale will last until this order is sold out... I have 2 2 yard segments left and a couple single yard segments... not much left! I placed an order for the last of the M Rain and once its gone, it will be gone for awhile! Many other fabrics on their way though M Cross will also be in production soon, though it is third in line behind two E34 M5 fabrics we are working on first.

Some more of the 8 series M Rain interior:

We will also be working on a new but slightly related project soon... seatbelts. I don't think we will be able to exactly replicate the OEM Motorsport seatbelts but we are working on a few ideas for how to get text on the belt without affecting the integrity of the belt itself. We have a materials supplier for the seat belt webbing and I will be sending some of my receptacles over to get the new webbing installed and then we will be experimenting a bit on how to get the text on there. We have a few ideas that will work, we just want to know which one will look best and be most durable.

Hoping to offer the belts in both red like OEM and a blue color as well for those who want something a bit different than OEM without being as flashy as the red. Mine will be done in a purple and if there is demand for that we may also make those available - with red, purple and blue we would have all the colors of the M flag available. I think its a cool idea. We may also offer a black belt with M colors or stitching along the edge.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 M3
    I would OBVIOUSLY buy a set of those purple belts. I've questioned some of the seatbelt offerings offered by other vendors but would trust you to ensure the product was done safely.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    It's definitely possible, but well beyond my scope of ability. They are really made to be a permanent peice on the later models, unlike the early door cards.
    I'll keep looking for a trustworthy upholsterer that I can trust. Until then I might make a few collars.
    They can certainly be done. I've had mine tore apart. Fronts are easy, the rears are a nuisance being glued...

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    I would OBVIOUSLY buy a set of those purple belts. I've questioned some of the seatbelt offerings offered by other vendors but would trust you to ensure the product was done safely.
    Yup, with safety being a consideration there will be a lot of time spent on verifying everything is OEM quality or better. The company we are buying our materials from has a testing device to test the strength of the webbing (and more importantly, the re-stitching done once new belts are installed) and anything we sell will be at least OEM in quality both in terms of fit and finish as well as safety requirements. I will be the first customer so guaranteed I will be standing - quite literally - behind my product.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Yup, with safety being a consideration there will be a lot of time spent on verifying everything is OEM quality or better. The company we are buying our materials from has a testing device to test the strength of the webbing (and more importantly, the re-stitching done once new belts are installed) and anything we sell will be at least OEM in quality both in terms of fit and finish as well as safety requirements. I will be the first customer so guaranteed I will be standing - quite literally - behind my product.
    That's a pretty tall car

My Cars
    several
    Looking forward to the seat belt colors :p Looks awesome!
    1998 M3 Sedan - LS3 M12T56 - A bad addiction.

My Cars
    1994 M3 Eurospec (25/45)
    In for seatbelts.

1994 M3 Eurospec (Canadian Edition) #25 (http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=12244)

My Cars
    z3
    2 yards of M rain in stock

Have some cutoffs available in sizes <1 yard, from 8" to 35". Discounted heavily, these are pieces I have left over after cutting rolls - rolls don't always come out to an exact yard, especially as it is technically sold in meters

Working on seatbelts shortly... will post about that once I have something tangible to show

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3

Working on seatbelts shortly... will post about that once I have something tangible to show
    I have photos of the BS the Bulgarian seller on eBay is doing with replica Motorport belts. I bought a set out of curiosity. The belts themselves look great, but they used what looks like regular thread poorly stacked all over the end. I was yelled at when I questioned this and showed it against a real Motorsport belt.

Please get it right when it comes to this if you proceed.

- - - Updated - - -

Fake on the right if it wasn't obvious.

Real deal

Last edited by Braymond141; 09-12-2016 at 12:48 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    The replica seatbelt seems to be of very low quality. Rest assured anything we make will be up to OEM safety standards. I would never sell something like the replica pictured...

In other news, we have new fabrics coming soon...

M Cross above... many people have asked about it and now that M Rain is mostly gone we decided to try our hand at M Cross as well...

E34 M5 M Hurricane below. Very cool fabric. E36 M3 LTW used a variant of this fabric that used 3 shades of red instead of the blue/purple/red motif.

M Cross and M Hurricane will sell for M Rain prices... but, we have one more fabric that is very unique and very cool that will sell for a bit more. Stay tuned

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    M Cross and M Hurricane will sell for M Rain prices... but, we have one more fabric that is very unique and very cool that will sell for a bit more. Stay tuned
    Better be the ///M fabric....

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    Better be the ///M fabric....
    They are all M fabrics

But this one is rather special... below is a sample of the black variant, which only came on one car, the M8 prototype. We will also be making it in a dark gray as was available on the 20 Jahre edition of the E34 M5.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E36, E46
    I knew it! AWESOME!
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    several
    That's wicked looking!

Any word on the seatbelts?
    1998 M3 Sedan - LS3 M12T56 - A bad addiction.

My Cars
    07 z4mc
    BimmerBreaker - I ordered material from you almost 2 weeks now with no correspondence. Can you please advise the status?

Also sent you PM.

Cheers.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    They are all M fabrics

But this one is rather special... below is a sample of the black variant, which only came on one car, the M8 prototype. We will also be making it in a dark gray as was available on the 20 Jahre edition of the E34 M5.

Hell yes. I will be buying this when it is available. Will you have foam and no foam options?

My Cars
    951, LTW M3, GTI
    ^ that looks incredible

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by jvit27 View Post
    I knew it! AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by OKsweetrides View Post
    That's wicked looking!

Any word on the seatbelts?
    We are actively working on them but one of our main hurdles now is getting the seatbelts in a solid design. Most seatbelts have a multi-directional weave, like this... whereas Motorsports seatbelts are just solid unidirectional weave. We want to get as close as we can to OEM when it comes to the Motorsports type seatbelts so sourcing all the correct materials will probably be the longest/hardest step of the process. But we are looking. In the meantime we may have some other options before we finish those. I may do my own car with black seatbelts but M stitching along one side. Here is a picture of something similar with blue and red stitching on opposite sides, which will be going in the 8 series with the M Rain interior. Also threw in a picture of that interior underway...

Quote Originally Posted by f1soul View Post
    BimmerBreaker - I ordered material from you almost 2 weeks now with no correspondence. Can you please advise the status?

Also sent you PM.

Cheers.
    I did not receive any e-mails from you but we were communicating via PM as of yesterday - I have refunded you since you opened a Paypal dispute today before I could respond to your PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    Hell yes. I will be buying this when it is available. Will you have foam and no foam options?
    Like with M rain it will mostly be available with foam, but I will try to make sure there is some available without foam. It will be available in black and gray but due to limited quantities it will likely not be listed on my website, but when it is ready I will post about it and those interested can buy it directly.

Just as a note, it may not be suitable for headliners unless one wants two M's on the headliner, as the pattern is being printed vertically - so the M's will be side by side along the length, as opposed to on top of eachother. This is being done to make the most efficient use of the space and the spacing is wide enough that it can be used on the door cards without repeating the M pattern. Hope that makes sense. It will be clear once I have it in and can take pictures of the roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamGrant951 View Post
    ^ that looks incredible
    Yes. Yes it does I think its a very cool fabric... one of my favorites

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    Samples are in hand and they look great!

M Rain is also back in stock, whats available now is the last of it for awhile Few color changes were made to the samples but overall they did a great job with all the fabrics and production has been finalized and started on M Cross and M Hurricane

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3

These are some of the first finished pictures I've seen with my M Rain and Alcantara. Looks great, can't wait to see it installed in the 8 series. The whole interior has been redone and it looks phenomenal.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    Those seats look amazing. I would really be interested in cost. Seems they do great work.

My Cars
    E36 325I E82 123D E36 M3
    I sent you a PM, didnt know if you received.
    Last edited by Pimenta46; 10-26-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast