Thread: 402 DME turbo Tune?

My Cars
    1992 325is

402 DME turbo Tune?

Hey guys i have been looking all over for a stock 402 dme turbo tune. Or for anyone that can do them on the stock 402 dme for my m50b25 NV now i know the maf is a problem but i am not looking too go over 8-10psi. i will be ding injectors as well.

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by hidequick View Post
    Hey guys i have been looking all over for a stock 402 dme turbo tune. Or for anyone that can do them on the stock 402 dme for my m50b25 NV now i know the maf is a problem but i am not looking too go over 8-10psi. i will be ding injectors as well.
    Ostrich 2.0 with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator is probably your best option. Non Vanos guys have no presence in the market unless you go Mega Squirt or another type of stand alone.

My Cars
    1992 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by e30polak View Post
    Ostrich 2.0 with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator is probably your best option. Non Vanos guys have no presence in the market unless you go Mega Squirt or another type of stand alone.

Does the ostrich 2 let me find the ign and fuel maps?

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by hidequick View Post
    Does the ostrich 2 let me find the ign and fuel maps?
    ostrich2 is eprom emulator, and with free tunerpro 5 software you can tune in real time. You would need to retard the timing on ignition maps, and you would have to mount the MAF as a 'pull trough', then with rising rate fuel pressure regulator you will be able to get a nicely tuned engine that can take 8psi of boost.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    ostrich2 is eprom emulator, and with free tunerpro 5 software you can tune in real time. You would need to retard the timing on ignition maps, and you would have to mount the MAF as a 'pull trough', then with rising rate fuel pressure regulator you will be able to get a nicely tuned engine that can take 8psi of boost.
    New leaf?

My Cars
    1992 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    So just taking a shot in the dark but do you have experience with this kind of set up? Esp with the lower flowing 402 maf setup?

I am coming from the Subaru crowd and inwas getting my hand wet with acesstuner race program but dropped it after inwold the car.

My Cars
    1992 325is
    I am still running the same turbo tune from when i first did my turbo build a couple years ago. Everyone will tell you that there is no support for the 402 and they are right for the most part. The guy who wrote the tune for my car based it off of a turbo tune he made for an e30. I couldnt be happier with it. Pm me and let me know if you want me to send you all of the info. Otherwise if you want to tune it yourself i agree that the ostrich is the way to go. Good luck with your build, you are in the right place.

My Cars
    1992 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by beercitybimmer View Post
    I am still running the same turbo tune from when i first did my turbo build a couple years ago. Everyone will tell you that there is no support for the 402 and they are right for the most part. The guy who wrote the tune for my car based it off of a turbo tune he made for an e30. I couldnt be happier with it. Pm me and let me know if you want me to send you all of the info. Otherwise if you want to tune it yourself i agree that the ostrich is the way to go. Good luck with your build, you are in the right place.

fill me in on your build man! sent ya a pm

My Cars
    2004 BMW ZHP, E36 track

Tune/build info

Quote Originally Posted by beercitybimmer View Post
    Currently putting together a turbo m50b25nv. I see it has been a few years but could you send any info that may help out. Specifically on the tune and who did it but I will appreciate as much info as you will send. Thanks

My Cars
    1995 BMW E34
    I think i have a 402/b25 turbo tune file in my garage laptop. I think i used it ~4 years ago on M50B20 budget turbo build. Stock B25 injectors, rising rate fpr, stock B25 MAF and low boost with small turbo. I think it was for 0.4-0.5 bar boost.
    PM if you want it.

My Cars
    Bmw e30 m50 non vanos
    Quote Originally Posted by RaimoHal View Post
    I think i have a 402/b25 turbo tune file in my garage laptop. I think i used it ~4 years ago on M50B20 budget turbo build. Stock B25 injectors, rising rate fpr, stock B25 MAF and low boost with small turbo. I think it was for 0.4-0.5 bar boost.
    PM if you want it.
    Hi
    Im new to the forum and im wanting to turbo my non vanos m50 can you help me with the tune i will aprecciate so much, because im having troubles finding info for tunning and i dont want to go standalone for only like 7 8 psi of boost

My Cars
    1999 530d sedan
    Hello Raimo,
    I am not new to the forum, but i do not post , i read and learn more. For approx 1 year I am working on an e36 project , m50b20 . I am planing to turbo it and have already made some parts ready. I will be doing the exhaust manifold soon, and I wll use a borgwarner b1g turbo. I am doing the car only for weekend use but not for track use. I have been reading alot abou ecu management of what to use, and I really do not understand which is the best way , except a complete new ecu but that is out of options as it costs more than 1200 euro. I am in Albania (europe) and here is almost impossible to find any electronic parts. The solution here is only e-bay and diy if you are handy. Please can you advise me what are you opinions and what is an easy way. The car itself must have approx 150 hp and i dont think i want to get more than 250 hp. I just need some boost ( 0.5-0.7 bar) to make it feel more quick.

I would appreciate any info or option.

Patrik
    Last edited by patrik1985; 01-12-2019 at 03:59 PM.

My Cars
    Bmw e30

402 dme help

Quote Originally Posted by RaimoHal View Post
    PM if you want it.
    i need this file please

My Cars
    1999 530d sedan
    Hello ,

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone

My Cars
    2008 BMW M5 SMGII
    Get rid of the bosch ecu, and build a arduino open source ecu. I am doing this because I am building a twin turbo M60b30 from scratch, and had no ecu. I did have the 88 pin connector from my parts engine, and I intend to re-use the bosch case and pin connector.

There are a lot of documented builds online. I ordered a kit from ebay for $125 us dollars. I chose arudino over megasquirt because you get more channel outputs for no additional cost.
    Good luck on your build.

My Cars
    1992 325is
    I have a 1992 325is as well. How do I figure out the brains of this operation?