Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Blaupunkt Woodstock SQR 88 Questions

My Cars
    1991 M3 Coupe

Post Blaupunkt Woodstock SQR 88 Questions

Hey all, just got my hands on a Blaupunkt SQR 88 to replace the rubbish Halfords unit the previous owner had installed.
    I've been playing around with it but am having a bit of trouble working out what all the functions are (no manual unfortunately)

Some are pretty self-explanatory but I'm at a complete loss finding out what "PSS" or "DNR" does and also wondered if there is
    any way to adjust the volume of the CD input on the front so I dont accidentally blow my eardrums out when going back to radio

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Those old Blaupunkt units are a blast from the past !

Not much call for them nowadays but some of the higher end models of car audio brands from back in those days are still around !

Have a look at this place as they do servicing and repair work to a lot of car audio electronics

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/blaupun...ck-sqr-88.html

I remember using them in the mid/late 90's to service one of my then high end Alpine head units.

Another aspect would be to contact Blaupunkt UK and see if they have the manual available in either print or PDF format. I think the functions you mention are specifically for the Tuner part of the head unit. It's most likely possible that the unit doesn't have an indpendent source volume level memory.

Cheers, Dennis!

DNR = Dynamic Noise Reduction

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleod52 View Post
    DNR = Dynamic Noise Reduction
    Also: Do Not Resucitate

Scrap it when it goes bad.