Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E30NJ's 2000 528iT---> 530iT/5 Speed Swap M54 Powered!

My Cars
    528iT
    Coming along nicely! Jealous of the fact you find these shells with all good parts like black interiors for so damn cheap lol

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    You should get facelift kidney grilles, that'll complete the facelift look nicely.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    1987 325is 2000 530iT/5
    Back on.
    So I wanted to upgrade the front speakers, Kicker 5.25" Coaxial, its a nice improvement for the money.

I also swapped GM3's because mine was funky with the mirror tilt.

Hey my old interior

MMMMMMMM

And its time for headlight adjusters!!

The fallen soldiers

Couldn't have done it with these wonderful guys

It's time, oh yeah its time. 6 SPEEEEEEEEEED

Old clutch

Old 5 Speed. If someone wants it for $100, PM me!

Hey its me!

Swapped diffs to 3.07, we'll see....

All new, all new

Diggin the gold calipers

Bolting up the new trans.

It bolted in nicely

My crossmember idea ended up not working. hmmm

Close but no cigar.

So...
    My driveshaft idea didn't work either, oh well. I had to get one kinda custom made, E60 530i/6 Manual Front half mated to a E39 530i/5 Manual Rear half. The shop had to swap knuckles and I got it back and it was PERFECT!

The crossmember- I didn't want to fool around, I got some steel and just made a complete new one. I didn't get a photo of it (I promise I will one day!) but the car is back on the road! I think I'm going to leave it alone for a while and just enjoy it.

My Cars
    BMW
    Wow.

You are one busy bee.

I can't believe i'm looking at the same car from the first page of this thread. Full black interior swap, m54 swap, 5 speed, now 6 speed?! You must not have kids

That front bumper is driving my OCD up the wall. The Apline white on black with 65s is so nice, but that bumper alignment...

You are a crafty guy, find a way to make the aftermarket m5 bumper line up with the fenders on both sides, and become a savior for all of us who really want to put on the m5 bumper and can't afford/find a good OE example.

Are you going to swap over the M5 mirrors and get them painted white, or even black for that matter, wouldn't look bad.

My Cars
    1987 325is 2000 530iT/5
    Yea haha I'm in college right now and I don't plan on having kids anytime soon. I'm looking for M5 mirrors but for right now, I'm happy with the car

My Cars
    1987 325is 2000 530iT/5
    Just a little update. This was the custom crossmember that had to be made, I came home for the weekend and decided to give it a nice heavy paint job.

Final Fitment.

My Cars
    1987 325is 2000 530iT/5
    Haven't update in forever. First 6 speed trans started whining and making noise, replaced it so I'm on transmission #2. Then my heater pipes under the manifold exploded. Fix those. And I decided in the meantime to add a subwoofer. Enjoy!!

Danced with the devil on this one OMG

Bought a rebuild kit and it worked flawlessly.

Last edited by E30NJ; 01-14-2017 at 03:02 PM.

My Cars
    97 528i
    just picking up on this thread....this is absolutely amazing. Me saying something like "nice work man.!" almost seems like an insult...haha...It's incredible.

My Cars
    528iT
    So what was the wiring like just for the m54 swap alone? I've been contemplating swapping into one and upgrading the 528 as well, since I have two motors sitting at my shop. Would like to update to MS43 as well...

My Cars
    1987 325is 2000 530iT/5
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
    So what was the wiring like just for the m54 swap alone? I've been contemplating swapping into one and upgrading the 528 as well, since I have two motors sitting at my shop. Would like to update to MS43 as well...
    Not too much, the biggest thing is the electronic gas pedal. It's been so long I've forgotten what I did!

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    The amount of effort in this build is impressive to say the least. Very cool indeed. Pics of redone headliner ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123