Thread: f10 passanger side curtain airbag clip question

My Cars
    2008 R56 Mini

f10 passanger side curtain airbag clip question

Hello, not sure anyone here will know but thought i would share the picture for those who will one day tackle what im doing.
    2011 528i f10 passanger side curtain airbag removal.

You have to remove/unfasten the headliner (tough job) recline the seats and there it is.
    The rest is straight forward all but the picture of the clip i cannot remove without destroying.
    There are 3 of them on the bag. Seems simple enough after finally ripping one out and reconstructing it.
    You push the two small wings together and that is suppose to let you pull it out but never even close!
    As you can see in my picture once you squeeze them together and then start to pull out the bend like seen in the 2nd pic down

Is there a special tool or just the long nose pliers, long screwdriver, hammer and vise grips i have had to use?

Thanks if theres a mechanic out there that has seen this clip.....and removed it sucessfully??????????

Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2011 Bmw 528
    do you have any more info as far as tools needed for this job

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    I swapped out one of these on my own car... it was so simple to do I literally don't even recall it slowing me down or anything of the sort. Might be in over your head....
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast