Thread: E61 535d Wastegate actuator

My Cars
    BMW E36 Sedan

E61 535d Wastegate actuator

Hey guys!
    On my 535d the actuator for the wastegate is faulty.
    In ISTA D i could run a test, the e-valve is working, but the actuator doesn't move even a MM... there is only a chirping noise.
    The major problem is, here in germany we cant get this actuator at BMW or any other aftermarket dealer. It's only in addition to the bigger turbo available. Mine are renewed only 5 months ago

Could anybody help with a supplier adress or any other clues?

Thx kn advance

My Cars
    BMW E36 Sedan
    No one???

My Cars
    2005 BMW E61 535d
    Hi, did you find a solution to this problem? My wastegate was frozen and wouldn't move even a mm when I applied vacuum with my handheld vacuum pump. After spraying some penetrating oil on the wastegate shaft it loosened up a bit. I still can't move it more than a few mm's using vacuum, but it moves quite flawless using my hand when vacuum is applied, so I'm thinking the actuator may be faulty. I have sent Borg Warner an e-mail asking if it's possible to buy a replacement wastegate actuator but I haven't received an answer yet. There are quite a few rebulit turbo-packages for sale with brand new moving parts, so the actuator should be possible to get hold of.

My Cars
    BMW Series 3
    Choose the right actuator is neccessary. Not only the quality is counted, but also consider the cost.