Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpinweiss 2000 M Roadster Journal

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

Alpinweiss 2000 M Roadster Journal

The Alpinweiss M Roadster Journal has moved:

https://alpinweiss-z3m.squarespace.com/
    Last edited by CB750; 09-17-2017 at 12:45 AM.

My Cars
    e30 m3, 99 M Roady
    beautiful. congrats

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Welcome (ish), and excited to see what your plans are and more photos!

My Cars
    2000 Z3M Roadster
    As you can see from my avatar, alpine white is my favorite color. Odd, my roadster is black!

My Cars
    e36/8, W201
    Quote Originally Posted by CB750 View Post
    but I couldn't find a 17" wheel style that I liked better than the OEM Roadstars, and I really want to keep the appearance as close to original as possible anyway.
    I'll just go ahead and leave this right here...

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...stom-roadstars

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Like mreloc, I'm a white Z3 lover with a black Z. Your car is beautiful. White is one of the best colors to show off the car's curves, IMO. Love it, congrats.

Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    2000 Z3M Roadster
    A couple of months ago I installed a Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 to replace the dead Alpine HU that was in the car when I bought it. I went with the Brisbane since I really didn't want a CD player, and have become accustomed to playing music from USB drives / SD Cards.

Before I knew how easy it was to rebuild the OEM speakers (if just the surrounds were bad), I went with:

Polk Audio DB5251 5.25-Inch 2-Way Component System in the front kickpanels and in the door card OEM tweeter / mid location.

Rockford Fosgate R14X2 Prime 4-Inch behind the seats.
    Thanks for the tip on the 4" Rockford Fosgates. I've been wanting to replace my tired ones but haven't taken the trouble to research. Did they require any modification to fit in the spaces behind the seats?

My Cars
    z3
    Does anyone have any more details on the piece some of you are adding to make it seal against the radiator from the bottom?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    z3
    Oops, thought this was the MM underpanel thread. Some people have added a piece of aluminum or something to the MM panel to duct air up to the radiator and seal it in a sense. I'll post in the correct thread.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1999 BMW MZ3 Roadster
    What a beautiful car. Please post more pictures!

My Cars
    2000 Z3M Roadster
    Dayam! You're doing some great work. Love all the pics. I've been seeing conflicting remarks about the aluminum thermostat housing being preferred over the stock housing- sort of surprised you went aluminum.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    You and me both. Mine seems to continue to go on 6-month hiatus every winter for some major project. Hopefully this year won't be that way though since the major projects are mostly done.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I had almost the same issue, save mine was a dragging rear. I ended up rebuilding the rears with SS pistons and all and then never got more than rotors and pads done up front. Eventually it will get the SS pistons and seals done as well with some fresh paint as well. Mine fronts are just crusty

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I may have a brake duct on the shelf. I don't recall if I needed the driver or passenger, but I'm 90% sure it's the driver side I have sitting from the set I bought to replace my passenger side.

From my maintenance logs in the build thread:
    "Passenger brake duct sourced and fitted (949xx)
    Driver brake duct fitted (949xx)"

So its 99.9% likely sitting on my shelf. PM me your info and I'll shoot you a few pictures tonight and we can work a deal out.
    Last edited by robb1887; 06-29-2015 at 10:09 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    I need to stop looking at this thread... it's making me really want a white Z3M...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    2000 Z3M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I need to stop looking at this thread... it's making me really want a white Z3M...
    I know, right? As you can tell from my avatar, I'm all about white cars and I ended up with a black Z3M (i've become emotionally attached to)

My Cars
    00 Z3 2.3
    Love the AW.

My Cars
    00 Imola E/S TS M Coupe
    Love the white roady!

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    very nice work so far. Car looks great

My Cars
    02' Z3 2.2
    My front bumper cover has a few too many stone chips and is in need of a respray, but in all honesty I really don't like the "look" of the M cover and prefer the aesthetics of a standard Z-3 nose. I assume that it's pretty much a bolt on swap to install a 6 cylinder Z-3 cover (51110307536)?

I'm not too concerned about losing the M brake cooling ducts, although perhaps I could massage the standard cover fog light ports to work.

RealOEM also shows what appear to be fog light opening block-offs, but no part number, so I take it that item 11 below is NLA?
    On my Z3's realoem it does show a part number

Covering left

Covering right

Might just be that no foglights wasn't an option for US market Z3's, or that the specific car you inputted in realoem was not sold without foglights.
    Daydreamer.

My Cars
    z3
    Would be quite a travesty to swap out for a non-M bumper imo...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    Certainly you are entitled to your opinion, but the bumper seems to me to be anything but an afterthought. To my eyes, the car was designed as an "M" then they created less offensive parts for the non-M variant. The "jagged bit" I think you are describing, the "fangs" of the bumper, are an M design staple that - like the quad exhaust design feature - started with the Z3M. All M models designed after the Z3M (save one or two oddballs) - seen in a more subtle way (rather noticeable in person) on the E39 M5, E46 M3, then accented on the E46 M3 CSL, becoming even more noticeable with the E6x generation, such as the E60 M5, maybe understandable as an afterthought on the Z4M Coupe... but an "M" design feature none the less. It has become such a notable design feature that aftermarket tuners replicate this design and show more of it... such as here, and many aftermarket cosmetic upgrades for non-M's even try to add this feature in... like here. It's evolved a bit in the current Fxx generations but the underlying design language is still there.

At the very least, I'd consider getting the M bumper painted as you paint the non-M so that when you go to sell you can return it to stock as a non-M bumper will likely ding value considerably. You'll have a hard time justifying why a M has a non-M bumper, if I saw that, I'd assume immediately it was in an accident and massive corners were cut during the repair process.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    BMWs
    Keep the "fangs" bumper club member #002

My Cars
    99 Estoril Blue M Coupe
    In - lots of good info in here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast