Thread: Turbo upgrade

My Cars
    bmw m3

Turbo upgrade

i am really considering about getting an AA turbo system for my car but it seems like the turbo system comes with an exhaust, intake, injectors etc..basically everything i need motor wise. what else should i get for my m3 that will produce more power for my car?

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Not sure what you mean. Stage II perhaps.

What Stage are you going to get? As far as I know, the AA turbo kit doesn't come with exhaust. Intake is something of the past when you go turbo. I mean it has a filter with intake piping but it sounds like you are thinking of CAI or something. You should read up on some FI books to better familiarize yourself with how a turbo system works. Believe me...when I got my first kit, I hardly knew a thing about FI. After a lot of reading, it feels so much nicer to atleast know the basics.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    330i PP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfastm3
    i am really considering about getting an AA turbo system for my car but it seems like the turbo system comes with an exhaust, intake, injectors etc..basically everything i need motor wise. what else should i get for my m3 that will produce more power for my car?
    The turbo (Stage 1 and Stage 2) kits include an intercooler, turbo, injectors, software, custom manifold and all the related hardware necessary for installation. An exhaust is not included in the kits, but it is advisable that you purchase one in order to reduce back pressure. I would also recommend a heavy duty clutch and lightweight flywheel.

The Stage 2 kit goes a bit further with a larger intercooler, a thicker head gasket and other odds and ends.

If you're considering either kit, I would also recommend a diff support bracket.

My Cars
    bmw m3
    i think im going to get a stage 1 turbo from AA and then im going to get there turbo exhaust system. The thing is that i have there regular catback system. could i still run normal catback/trackpipe system? Like i feel like i just wasted my money on the normal exhaust system.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    i think im going to get a stage 1 turbo from AA and then im going to get there turbo exhaust system. The thing is that i have there regular catback system. could i still run normal catback/trackpipe system? Like i feel like i just wasted my money on the normal exhaust system.
    That sounds great! I understand that you wouldn't want to start over with the full turbo exhaust due to what you alredy spent on the current one. However there are a lot of guys that want that exhaust system. So you have 2 choices.

1) Sell your current exhaust & go with the full turbo exhaust.
    2) Keep your exhaust & add a track pipe.

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM429
    The turbo (Stage 1 and Stage 2) kits include an intercooler, turbo, injectors, software, custom manifold and all the related hardware necessary for installation. An exhaust is not included in the kits, but it is advisable that you purchase one in order to reduce back pressure. I would also recommend a heavy duty clutch and lightweight flywheel.

The Stage 2 kit goes a bit further with a larger intercooler, a thicker head gasket and other odds and ends.

If you're considering either kit, I would also recommend a diff support bracket.
    You're sig is SOOOOOOOO SICK! I LOVE IT!

My Cars
    bmw m3
    yeah i guess im going to sell my exhaust system and i will get the AA turbo exhaust. Is there anything else i need besides the turbo kit components?

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    yeah i guess im going to sell my exhaust system and i will get the AA turbo exhaust. Is there anything else i need besides the turbo kit components?
    You will definitely need a turbo clutch! The stock one will be toast pretty quickly! I don't like lightweight flywheels. My personal opinion. It has been talked about & the general consensus is that they really don't help a turbo car much at all. I am actually going to replace mine with a stock one because I hate the sound it makes. Clatter clatter!