Thread: Car won't start after clutch switch bypass

My Cars
    lots o cars

Car won't start after clutch switch bypass

I bypassed my clutch switch on my 97 m3 track car today so I can start it without the switch and now the car will not start. I cut the plug off the switch and wired together the violet/white wire with the brown/black wire and left the other loose. I also removed the switch controlling the cruise control shut off as I have also removed cruise. Car started earlier today but now nothing. I have tried wiring the switch back together but it still won't start. Any ideas?

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Cabrio
    Re-connect the clutch switch, its there for a reason. Unless its a racecar, less weight = fast. But less weight + no start = no fast

My Cars
    lots o cars
    IT is a race car although at this point a non running race car does little good. I have tried reconnecting it and it still doesn't work. I ordered a new one to test.

My Cars
    93 740i, 84 533i
    The switch weights like an ounce, and should be considered a safety feature. Are you sure you wired the correct wires together? The two pairs are ignition safety and cruise control cutoff.
    Black on Black 740i - 10/92 build date, 225,000 miles.
    Delphin on Cherry 533i - 4/84 build date, 136,000 miles
    Black on Black 328i - 3/96 build date, 185,000 miles - Sold
    2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Put the switch back and have the EWS module re-coded so that it doesn't have to be pressed to start ...

ps. Safety feature? BMWs prior to 97 didn't have it ... BMWs in the rest of the world still don't.