Thread: Who is going to the 2015 Canadian GP @ Circuit Gilles Villeneuve?

My Cars
    2018 M3 6MT, 2001 740iL

Who is going to the 2015 Canadian GP @ Circuit Gilles Villeneuve?

Who else is going? I'll be driving up from NJ Friday morning and staying in Brossard. Meeting one my mates from Boston there. We are GA and usually set up at turn 6/7 near GS33. Look for a dork in a grey blipshift e39 shirt on Sunday.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    So ... did you enjoy the melody sound of the V1-er I meant those awesome less deafening whatever alien technology engines they've been running this year? Did they give you an awesome eargasm?? Did you had to go and relieve yourself afterwards???

Curious to know ya know ! ......

My Cars
    2018 M3 6MT, 2001 740iL
    They actually sounded pretty decent. Maybe a little better than last year. That might be due to the spot we were in. We ended up at turn 7 rather than turn 6, right at the fence. On the right side of grandstand 33. Nice view, we were pretty much at the inflection point between 6 and 7.
    I wrote an entire paragraph in the F1/FIA survey about this. The TV broadcasts just dont do the sound justice. What audio they do record, they mix so low to let you hear the commentators. And I think they are still using mics built to handle the sound levels from the previous gen cars. So they come through as muted and muffled. There is a lot more high freq and low freq sound that dissapears by the time it gets to the TV. I cant say where the source of bad audio is, but it does sound way better in person. We were also in a relatively low rev area, and they still sounded nice. You can actually make out brake, tire and turbo noises too. Overall sound levels were just barely at the level that if they were any louder, ear plugs might be needed. They were just under that level, from our vantage.

That said, the supporting races were more fun to watch than the gran prix :\ Formula 1600, and surprisingly the Nissan Micras were really fun to watch. they were slow, but it was tons of really really close racing.

PS: We made a V with our umbrellas in the fence if you want to spot 2 goofy looking bimmernerds.

There were craploads of snazzy BMWs in parking lots and on the road on the way up and down. so there must have been some members there.
    Last edited by agentrnge; 06-08-2015 at 10:38 AM.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Glad to know you enjoyed your weekend. I suppose I would have to hear it in person as to how loud these engines are and how do they sound exactly.

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G
    First time for me with the turbo engines. Certainly no need for earplugs. Luckily they ran the Ferrari challenge so we at least heard what a race engine is supposed to sound like before.
    The difference in sound is absolutely staggering...my e36 sounds better...
    No doubt of course they are great performers, few days ago a speed record of 340 kmh