RM European Auto Parts

Thread: e34 door locking problem

My Cars
    e34 525i 5spd

e34 door locking problem

Hello all. My e34 suddenly developed locking problems, the driver and passenger doors and the trunk lock and unlock without fail from their respective keyholes. The passenger keyhole only locks and unlocks the passenger door and the trunk, and the driver keyhole only locks and unlocks the driver door and the trunk, the trunk only unlocks and locks itself as usual. I manually pressed the little levers to make the two rear doors lock since I cant lock them any other way and would rather them be stuck locked then unlocked. I checked the fuses, and unless a fuse is missing, the fuses are fine.

Possible suspects:
    Maybe a relay?
    Maybe the general module (windows dont go up, only down, and windshield wipers dont work). My brother messed with the battery and fried the DME and ASC, so this could very well be the problem.
    Maybe something in the driver/passenger door that tells the other doors to lock as well?

Thanks for any help.

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Yes, I would look at the GM as well since that controls the central locking and windows. However the windshield wipers run on a different relay, it is next to the headlamp relay box on the driver side under the hood. It is located in the fuse box, and you should see two or three VHS cassette size boxes. Those are the headlight, and wiper relay boxes.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    e34 525i 5spd
    Thanks, when I was typing it out it sort of became clearer to me. Where do you think I should buy one? I looked on ebay but I dont really trust that an ebay one will work. Is there anyone on the forum that sells this kind of stuff?

My Cars
    525i & Corvette

Centrol Locking Issue Solved

IMG_20230131_111815.jpg

Found my culprit! Left side of the trunk hinge. Don't know who did this previous hack job but I soldered, mended them all back together, and my central locks are back in order.