eBMWParts

Thread: E30 CAtuned coilovers

E30 CAtuned coilovers

Does anyone run CAtuned coils on their e30? (or any coils that are rumored to be very similar). I'm curious how the rear is sitting on everyone's car. I maxed mine out and I feel like it barely dropped my car. Thanks!

My Cars
    1987 325e stroker
    I should be getting my set in the coming weeks. Just waiting on them to assemble. When I get them installed I'll drop em down and send pics to see if they are similar

Quote Originally Posted by Maad325 View Post
    I should be getting my set in the coming weeks. Just waiting on them to assemble. When I get them installed I'll drop em down and send pics to see if they are similar
    Okay cool thanks! I live about 20 minutes from their shop so I just picked it up. Called them and told me that taking off the rubber guards would help lower the rear more. My brother took off the entire adjustment and all he had was the spring. Taking the top rubber guard will leave lots off room for the spring to move, so what I did is cut out the flat part and left the middle part of the guard so I'd get both the support and about a quarter of an inch drop on the rear. Might take off the entire height adjustment in the future.

My Cars
    1987 325e stroker
    Quote Originally Posted by choloserrano View Post
    Okay cool thanks! I live about 20 minutes from their shop so I just picked it up. Called them and told me that taking off the rubber guards would help lower the rear more. My brother took off the entire adjustment and all he had was the spring. Taking the top rubber guard will leave lots off room for the spring to move, so what I did is cut out the flat part and left the middle part of the guard so I'd get both the support and about a quarter of an inch drop on the rear. Might take off the entire height adjustment in the future.
    Yeah im definitely gonna be taking my spring pads out for the side the adjuster is on. It'll be interesting to see how low it can really go

My Cars
    E30
    I know this is an old post but I just came across it and I seem to be having the same problem … I just installed my CA Tuned coil overs on my E30. I set them for as low as they would go. I like how the front is sitting, the wheel is tucked. But the back still has a bit of a wheel gap. I was thinking about taking off the rubber guards and adjustment but I wasn't sure if that was safe or if that would fuck anything up.

You said your brother took off both the rubber guards and adjustments ring? Is there still tension on the spring? It seems like it would sit in there pretty loosely if I took out the rubber guards.

Thanks for your time!