Thread: Clock spring woes please help

My Cars
    M62 on steroids yeah!

Clock spring woes please help

Hello guys, I just had an issue where I replaced my clock spring because my horn wasn't working but I guess it wasn't seated right and when I was steering something got caught up and cracked the white plastic part with the pins that the clock spring plugs into. So now I need that part which is not available separately. So is Anyone parting out a car or have a steering column lying around that they don't need?? I'll have to splice it in.
    "Secondly, there are plenty of realistic BMW owners in here posting that they lost. I don't see you asking asinine questions in their threads. What about the Ferrari kills Ingenere posts?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoTLr...e_gdata_player

My Cars
    2x01 750, 01 740, 98 740
    Pics? I haven't had one apart enough to know exactly what you are talking about.
    See my E38 parts for sale on eBay: click here!
    PM me here for a 5% discount on any of them!

WTB/WTT: Ecru Walknappa (US Highline), and black rear armrests, non-skibag. Can trade skibag + skibag armrest.

My Cars
    13 650ix GC & 06 X5 4.4i
    Quote Originally Posted by jbimflyer
    ...I replaced my clock spring because my horn wasn't working but I guess it wasn't seated right and when I was steering something got caught up and cracked the white plastic part with the pins that the clock spring plugs into. So now I need that part which is not available separately. So is Anyone parting out a car or have a steering column lying around that they don't need??
    You may want to include if you need a pre 4/99 or post 4/99 "slip ring" since you don't provide any build date information in a signature etc. I would hate to see you get excited with an offer that turns out to not work for your application.
    (if my grammar, spelling, or sentence structure is screwed up....don't blame me...it's my dang bluetooth keyboard...I try to catch & correct the mistakes...but I may not catch all of them.)

Q {BMW CCA Member #191509}
    2013 650ix GC (Black Sapphire) 1/13 mfg date <<~>> 2006 X5 4.4i (Sterling Gray) 12/05 mfg date
    (SOLD)
    1997 740iL (Arctic Silver) <<~>> 1999 540iT (Orient Blue) <<~>> 1995 525iT (Alpine White) 1991 735iL (Schwarz) <<~>> 1985 325e (Bronzit)

My Cars
    M62 on steroids yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    You may want to include if you need a pre 4/99 or post 4/99 "slip ring" since you don't provide any build date information in a signature etc. I would hate to see you get excited with an offer that turns out to not work for your application.
    I need a pre 4/99, but I didn't think it masters since we can change the wheel to a post 4/99
    "Secondly, there are plenty of realistic BMW owners in here posting that they lost. I don't see you asking asinine questions in their threads. What about the Ferrari kills Ingenere posts?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoTLr...e_gdata_player