Thread: BMW E9 3.0cs info?

My Cars
    E63 AMG, RRC

BMW E9 3.0cs info?

I just sort of "adopted" a mid seventies (not exactly sure what year) 3.0cs. A family friend was the original owner and he hasnt driven it in about 10 years. My grandfather told him about my interest in cars and the friend basically said I could have it. Its going to be my project for the summer, I figured its a good way to keep me busy. Ive seen the car once before and It looks to be in geat shape. Anybody have one of these coupes? Or know any good sites with info on them? Im pretty excited to get this classic bimmer back on the road again!

My Cars
    91 318i
    you lucky bastard. I doubt many people on this board know much about them. That would make an AWESOME restoration project though.

My Cars
    M54,M52,EJ25
    Pretty rare car. Way better than fixing up some old American car.

11,063 were produced. 180hp in the streetgoing version.

A point of interest, the 3.0 CSL Group 4 Racecar for 1976 had a whopping 750hp and a top speed of 212mph.

330ci ZHP + ZPP + ZCW - SilberGrau on Black Heated Leather - 6MT - Adaptive+Dynamic Xenons
    328is ZPP - Black on Sand Leather - BBS RX - ZKWs
    Subaru BG Outback 5MT - Blue/Gray - WRX Wheels + Altimax Arctics

My Cars
    '17 Pilot
    I had a Bavaria. Its kinda similar. Does yours have the auto or manual? There is a Haynes manual out there for it. I really miss my Bavaria, will get another some day. I think European Car mag. did/is doing a resoration on a CS, might wanna chaeck out their site and ask them for an update.

My Cars
    E63 AMG, RRC
    Thanks for the replies, yea it does have the manual transmission, and I just ordered a shop manual for the car on amazon. By the way it is actually a euro model. The friend who owned it actually bought it in Germany and had it shipped over here when it was new, not sure if it would make it too different from a u.s. model though...

My Cars
    2003 325i
    axxessdenied has a '73 CS. Talk to him.

My Cars
    e30M3, Jeep GC, 2.5RS
    Those are some of the sexiest cars ever produced by BMW. The lines are timeless.

I know enough about them that they came with carbs or fuel injection depending on the year although they were all 6 cylinders and were highly prone to rust. Is this car clean? Your in Florida so it can go both ways.

If you have DOT papers on it and can get tags, you have a keeper.

Check out this one.
    http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/member_...lsen_3.0cs.htm

I know a BMWCCA club member that is good when looking for old parts for 70-80s BMWS. Steve Geraci is a member of the NY chapter.

We sell/buy/trade parts & cars. Contact us for current updates on
    recent acquisitions. We also help locate parts. From a/c to ZF, we sweat the
    small stuff! 30 year club member, Steve Geraci: 631 567-8777;
    bimmerbasement@hotmail.com. (NY)

Contact him, tell him what you've got, tell him your plans and listen. If I stepped in shit like you did with this car, I would call him.

My Cars
    2001 525i Sport
    I had a '74 3.0 CSi. 220 hp. 4 speed. I have a bunch of odd parts and stuff still in my garage. The guy that bought the car took as much as the trunk could hold. I have many hard to find parts still. Post here or email me if you are interested. I return home, 5/25, and can take some pictures of the stuff if you are interested.

My Cars
    '01 740i
    Just found this site ... http://www.e9coupe.com/ ... might be of some help.

Good luck with the project. Definitely a nice car. Don't see many of those!!

My Cars
    E36, E6, G80
    I wish I could strike gold like this
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring
    1996 Alpina B3 3.2 Touring
    1996 Alpina B8 4.6 Touring
    2023 BMW M3

My Cars
    2006 Z4 3.0Si, 1987 M6
    Rust is going to be your biggest enemy on this project. Since you got the car for free, I would take the time and spend some cash to have all the body work looked at. The E9 is one of the most beautiful BMWs ever!

My Cars
    2006 Z4 3.0Si, 1987 M6
    Quote Originally Posted by crotter View Post
    I just sort of "adopted" a mid seventies (not exactly sure what year) 3.0cs. A family friend was the original owner and he hasnt driven it in about 10 years. My grandfather told him about my interest in cars and the friend basically said I could have it. Its going to be my project for the summer, I figured its a good way to keep me busy. Ive seen the car once before and It looks to be in geat shape. Anybody have one of these coupes? Or know any good sites with info on them? Im pretty excited to get this classic bimmer back on the road again!
    Just noticed you're in the Bay Area. You might want to have Phaedrus BMW in San Francisco check out the car. One of the owners--Spencer-- has had a couple of E9s and knows a TON about them. They should be able to tell you what needs to be done and you can decide how much of it you want to do yourself. Oh...and one more thing:

My Cars
    94 540,72 3.0CS,'13 WRX
    I've got one, if you have questions. My resto thread is linked in my sig.