Thread: E46 M3 GTS-3 Build and Progress Thread

My Cars
    M3

E46 M3 GTS-3 Build and Progress Thread

Hello everyone,

Wanted to start a continuation build and progress thread for my newly acquired 2002 E46 BMW M3.

The car was owner by a forum member that decided he was done with auto racing for now. It was a great opportunity for me to step into a close to race ready M3 versus going "all out" with the current track car.

That being said, here are a few pictures.

A dream come true.

So far I have gotten it out to the track one time, will post some videos and pictures early next week. Was able to shave 11 seconds off my time in my track car a PBIR.

Will update this thread as things progress and I work my way to getting a competitive license.

I will be away for about three weeks and will drop off the car at the shop to get a VAC Oil Cooler, 3.91 Gears and a few more bits installed.

Some shots from the track day last Friday. Was really happy to get some seat time in the car.

Looking forward to this weekend at Sebring. Just got the car back from WTF Motorsports, thank you to Curtis for getting the following done:

4.10 Differential
    Turner Motorsports Race Pulley Kit
    VAC Oil Cooler
    Oil Change
    General Look Over

Car held up very well at Sebring last weekend. Took it at about 70% for the weekend. Getting to know the car and making sure the differential is broken in properly. Looking forward to getting the Spal fan in and getting back out on the track soon.

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

My Cars
    M3
    Got back out on the track this weekend. This was my second time at Homestead Speedway, first time on this car. Car did great! After the last session I inspected the rotors and found a nice big crack, all the way to the lip. Had small stress cracks the earlier sessions. Kind of scary but thank God nothing happened. Have a brand new set waiting to go on this week.

Here is a short video and some pictures. Thanks to WTF Motorsports in Orlando for getting the car all done and reliable for the track day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Vg&app=desktop

Finally back in the states and this week was a big one considering a had plenty that needed to get done on the car and only a week to do so.

Took the car over to Curtis at WTF Motorsports to get started.

Things that had to be done:

-New 2 Piece Rotors assembled and installed (1 Piece that I had before were discontinued)

-Bleed brakes

-Top off all fluids

-Install second seat and harness for track day

-Install new BFG R1s

Let me start off by saying that, wow fresh tires and brakes made the world of a difference in my confidence on the track. Car performed extremely well, still need to mess around with the tire pressures to reduce a bit of understeer. My timing app was not working but I did as my buddy to time me a few laps and was getting around 2:32-35s. I am sure I could shave a few more seconds if I didn’t have a passenger and did better on a few corners.

Anyways here are some pictures.

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Awesome thread! What rims are those?

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
    Awesome thread! What rims are those?
    18X10 Enkei NT0-3s all around running 265/35/18 BFG R1s

My Cars
    E60 550i 6MT
    Looks good! Great way to start.

Might want to consider a new cage though. That one looks minimal to say the least

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by cemmett View Post
    Looks good! Great way to start.

Might want to consider a new cage though. That one looks minimal to say the least
    Yes definitely could do plenty more with it. Its on the list.