Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best muffler with a resonator delete

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikatkimber View Post
    Which "one"??
    The Alpine M62 Dinan 5 Sedan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------Like the late Bill Paxton says repeatedly in Twister "I'm Not Back"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i 6speed
    this is my set up from the headers true duel 2.5 inch straight piping to a Ypipe, right before the y pipe though i have a resonator on each pipe. after the y pipe its straight to a magna flow muffler

540i 6spd DUDMD tuned-weekend brute, sounds like an M5 throaty V8 "Vtec-ish" cam noise.

Hummer- 35inch MT's, Adventure offroad package.

check out my video gear
    https://kit.co/Lv5multimedia/mobile-videographer-set-up

Best Oil hands down for bmw
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1441c0abde2552

My Cars
    1997 540i
    Does anyone know if the 528i e39 also came with the scuba tank muffler? I just purchased what i thought was a 540i stock muffler for my 97 540i and cut my muffler delete pipe off right even with the differential cover area. Went to compare the size of the pipe coming out of the muffler to the pipe coming out of the Y res that i cut and the muffler pipe is only 2.5 inches while the pipe coming out of the Y res on my car is 2.75 inches! wth. Done this job before and have never seen anything like this. I did this job on another 540i once and i used a 2 3/4 inch coupler and 2 clamps before and joined both pipes togethre and it fit perfectly if i recall. Anyone know if this might be a 528i scuba tank muffler?
    Electric Fan conversion, 840Ci thermostat, Dinan style CAI,de-screened MAF, Dinan transmission chip, 255lph LS1 fuel pump, drilled slotted rotors, 3.15 differential, Bel rx65 radar (hard-wired). Hemi Killer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12