Thread: Euro headlight dip switch

My Cars
    a farm full

Euro headlight dip switch

My new to me euro 320ic has the headlights that came stock on the car. It's a '91 so has the smiley's and the level actuator inside the car under the light switch. I find the low beam cutoff line that I see projected at night is too low and don't see any difference when I dial in more or less tip. How does the leveling switch work? My NA Bentley manual doesn't talk about the euro light system and I didn't get an owners manual with the car and it would have been in German anyway. I see from the OEM site that there appears to be a motor on each side that looks like a vacuum operated type, connected to the switch but other than a wire for the light in the control there doesn't appear to be any power source, at least not shown on the parts diagram. Any one got experience with these? Is there a manual way to aim the lights?

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    Flimsy mechanism. It's broken on my touring as well, and on every other E30 I've seen on which it was fit.. :/
    I haven't checked for how to fix it since my headlights are aimed well, but I'll keep an eye on this thread out of curiosity.
    Good luck..!
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶