Thread: DIS abs module coding w error "CAN-Time-Out ASC"

My Cars
    02 540i, 91 525i

DIS Progman ABS Module coding w error "CAN-Bus-Time-Out ASC"

I need help coding my New/Used ABS module installed on my '02 540i. A friend used DIS Progman, then halfway through the process, he couldn't clear airbag error code. Before finishing, as he was coding the Steering Angle sensors(LWS), the code came up "CAN Bus time out". Instead of 'CANCEL' he 'OK' it. I think the ABS module is coded but still no communications between the ECU, EGS and ABS modules. The ABS, DSC, and engine check lights are on,.. "TRANSFAILSAFE". I neglected to have a backup power supply(battery charger) to stabilize the voltage of the battery. Also, didn't clear some error codes prior to coding. I really wanted to do this myself but don't have DIS & SSS software. I've seen the youtube video on coding w DIS and think my friend skipped some parts of the process. I know I can do it myself. What I did before friend coded: I ran INPA on vehicle with the Old ABS installed. Had some codes "front RH wheel speed sensor". Then with the New ABS, error code (#23 ABS required coding). Is there a procedure to bypass the recoding again and if I may be able to get the ECU to communicate with the ABS? Read ABS before but can't read it now w INPA. Now I have code 'BUS-CAN-Time-out' when I run INPA. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by akilo; 05-01-2015 at 07:55 PM.

My Cars
    02 540i, 91 525i
    Well, luck is on my side! Have the DIS v57 along with the whole crew of downloads... I will post what I did as soon as It's up and running! Stay tuned! If you have any advice, feel free to share... Problem is(P1748): Transfailsafe...ABS, DSC, engine chk lights on.. I changed driver side wheel speed sensor(diagnosed findings) and cleaned both rear ones. Change tranny fluid and filter. Brand new battery. Diagnosed results.. ABS module. Did surgery on it... found one tiny connector loose. Tried soldering, but end up ruining it. So, that's where I'm at now, with the new ABS.. tryin' to code it.
    Last edited by akilo; 04-29-2015 at 07:50 AM.