Thread: Advice on Run-Flat tires vs. Non RFT

My Cars
    2011 535i; 2007 E & 5

Advice on Run-Flat tires vs. Non RFT

Hey guys,
    I currently have the Goodyear 19" staggered setup---very harsh and noisy ride. I can almost deal with the rough ride, but I have been experiencing a lot of vehicle shaking (I hear it and feel it through the floor of the car) and steering wheel feedback during braking. This is not what I expect, as all my other Mercedes and BMWs brake smoothly. At first I thought my discs were warped, but I took it to the dealer and they instead said my tires are cupped (they said it was from the previous owner having them underinflated).

My post is threefold:
    1) Is cupping of runflats possbile, and have you guys experienced that?
    2) Would the so-called "cupping" make me experience this type of shaking?
    3) Most importantly: what are you guys' "before and after" experiences with changing to regular tires? Any preferred brands? Do I need any new hardware (i.e. TPM/TPS, etc.)?

I am trying to achieve a much softer ride, and still have a tad bit of performance.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    **'11 BMW 535i: black sapphire w/cinnamon leather, Night Vision, Active Cruise, Premium 2, Sport Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg, Dynamic Handling, PDC w/Parking Assistant, 4-Zone Climate, Cooled Seats, Rear Cam, Prem HiFi, Soft Close Doors

**'07 E550: iridium silver, P2, pwr trunk, Sport Pkg, VC, wood steering, 4Matic

**'05 C230 Kompressor: silver metallic.....Deceased.

**'98 C230: black onyx.....Sold.

**'03 BMW 525i: sterling grey.....Sold.

**'07 BMW 530xi: grey metallic.....Sold.

**'02 MB E430: dark turquoise

There are literally thousands of RFT .vs. GFT forum entries on the web.

A simple Google search will cover you up with far more comments than you'll ever want to read.