Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E39 M5 Clusters (pixels fixed, 0 miles, coded to your car)

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by aok2me View Post
    What's involved in replacing the yellow for orange LED? Do you send the bulbs or do I have to send my entire cluster?
    Have to send the whole cluster. They are SMD LEDs and require full disassembly to replace them.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    na
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    Have to send the whole cluster. They are SMD LEDs and require full disassembly to replace them.
    Ok, I guess that'll take some time to make it happen. On another topic, how about replacing the red LED in the shift knob to orange? I notice those are regular bulbs, but don't know where to buy one. Do you know where I could find one?

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i
    Paul's service is excellent. Feels great to see my correct mileage, matching back light and black face plate. His work was flawless. Thank you!

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by energizedmortal View Post
    Paul's service is excellent. Feels great to see my correct mileage, matching back light and black face plate. His work was flawless. Thank you!
    Thank you so much! If you have some pictures, please post them up here for others to see. Since you got the black faces with red/orange LEDs, it's still somewhat unique and I don't have a lot of customers that have taken pics of them in their cars. I'm so glad we finally got your mileage situation figured out I bet you're glad to finally have accurate mileage again.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, I just wanted to offer something new to you. I don't know why I never tried this before, but I got some white backlight LEDs that I was going to be using for my custom M3 clusters, but I decided to try them out in a M5 cluster I had with yellow LEDs originally (which I planned to remove anyways). Here are the results:

I actually really like it and the picture really doesn't do it full justice. The intensity is pretty much the same as the red/orange, though easier to read of course. Disregard the scratches and such on the lens, this was just a test lens.

I also tested it with the gray faces and they also looked great, but I only wanted to set the needles once for now and when I don't set the needles down, the LEDs cause a glare on the lens. Anyways, both look great.

So, this is now another color choice when you place an order with me. I can do these to your current cluster if you wish, or I can do them with a premium upgrade, black face upgrade, mileage correction, pixel repair, etc. The cost for the LEDs alone is $100 or $50 with other services.

Let me know what you guys think!

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    Na
    Need help with an e36 cluster

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanside88 View Post
    Need help with an e36 cluster
    Sorry, I still don't mess with the e36s. I get maybe 1 request per year and I don't have anything to test them with or communicate with them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

-Paul

My Cars
    Na
    K thanks

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i

pictures

[QUOTE=blackknight530i;29196799]Thank you so much! If you have some pictures, please post them up here for others to see. Since you got the black faces with red/orange LEDs, it's still somewhat unique and I don't have a lot of customers that have taken pics of them in their cars. I'm so glad we finally got your mileage situation figured out I bet you're glad to finally have accurate mileage again.

Yes I have had the car 9 years and with all the work I put into it, it did not feel right with the mileage being off for 6 years with a yellow back light that did not match the rest of the interior LEDs but all good now!

As for the mileage my lcm, for whatever reason was set to the incorrect mileage of the M5 that the cluster came from. The fix was to use pasoft 1.4 to manually update the lcm to the correct mileage of my car with only the black and white connectors plugged in. Then I turned it all off, plugged in the blue connector on the cluster, turned it all back on and the cluster with the blank M35080 synced the corrected mileage from the lcm and updated the ews as well.

Here are before and after.

Last edited by energizedmortal; 04-18-2016 at 03:32 PM.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    So, nobody has thoughts on the white LED swap?

-Paul

My Cars
    1997 BMW 528i
    Looks good, but perhaps too "cold" for the E39.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    I've been driving with the white number cluster for a couple weeks now and it's quickly becoming my favorite of the 3 options. The needles look the best with it at night. You can turn down the intensity with the dial and it still looks great.

I took these pics the other night with a DSLR and I think they better represent the actual colors you will see:

White

Red

Yellow (Stock)

-Paul

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Bumping the thread. Still got bunches of these in stock.

-Paul

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Bump

-Paul

My Cars
    '03 540it m '03 540ia m
    Very nice work.
    I've an '03 540iA.
    Car is in the shop rite now,eng. and Susp. getting
    freshened up for the next 10+ years.
    I'd like to know what dash gauge can be done for an auto.
    Thanks.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortis View Post
    Very nice work.
    I've an '03 540iA.
    Car is in the shop rite now,eng. and Susp. getting
    freshened up for the next 10+ years.
    I'd like to know what dash gauge can be done for an auto.
    Thanks.
    Any of these will work. Need to do a dme tune to enable the oil temp stuff, but it will all work as it should.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

-Paul

My Cars
    '03 540it m '03 540ia m
    Thank you for your reply.
    I'll be reaching out for one of these.
    The dme tune, it can be done by most
    BMW techs ?

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortis View Post
    Thank you for your reply.
    I'll be reaching out for one of these.
    The dme tune, it can be done by most
    BMW techs ?
    It's a custom tune that TerraPhantm made that needs WINKFP to flash. I do it for $50 if you want, but DUDMD can also do it if you're getting a tune from (or not).

-Paul

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Bump. I know some of you guys have been wanting these for a while, why not get in on it now?

-Paul

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    I just got my M5 cluster back from blackknight530i, and it came out amazing! I had this M5 cluster laying around from a car I had bought earlier this year, and my 2000 540i touring had cluster pixel issues, so I went and killed two birds with one stone. Paul coded the mileage, coded the VIN, replaced the terribly scratched up lens, and installed the little light bulbs that were missing thanks to the previous owner. He also coded my DME to enable the oil temperature gauge and the warmup lights, which now work perfectly. My DME was a little tricky since it was a late 1999 build, but he managed to get it working perfectly anyways. The turnaround was super quick too— the cluster went from Arizona to North Carolina and back in less than 5 days. Paul is a wizard with these clusters and I couldn't recommend him enough. His services are very reasonably priced too, especially compared to how much you'd pay for a dealer to do this (I'm not sure if a dealer would even attempt do it, haha).

Last edited by dannyzabolotny; 07-30-2016 at 11:51 PM.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
    I just got my M5 cluster back from blackknight530i, and it came out amazing! I had this M5 cluster laying around from a car I had bought earlier this year, and my 2000 540i touring had cluster pixel issues, so I went and killed two birds with one stone. Paul coded the mileage, coded the VIN, replaced the terribly scratched up lens, and installed the little light bulbs that were missing thanks to the previous owner. He also coded my DME to enable the oil temperature gauge and the warmup lights, which now work perfectly. My DME was a little tricky since it was a late 1999 build, but he managed to get it working perfectly anyways. The turnaround was super quick too— the cluster went from Arizona to North Carolina and back in less than 5 days. Paul is a wizard with these clusters and I couldn't recommend him enough. His services are very reasonably priced too, especially compared to how much you'd pay for a dealer to do this (I'm not sure if a dealer would even attempt do it, haha).
    Glad I could help Danny. Dealer would charge $1200 for a brand new cluster.

-Paul

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    Glad I could help Danny. Dealer would charge $1200 for a brand new cluster.

Haha yep, and they would laugh if I asked them to put an M5 cluster into a 2000 540i Touring.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
    Haha yep, and they would laugh if I asked them to put an M5 cluster into a 2000 540i Touring.
    They'd put it in, and code it, and mileage would be correct, but the oil temp stuff wouldn't work and you'd have paid $1500.

-Paul

My Cars
    03 530iA, 06 330ci ZHP
    Just got my 530i Premium Cluster installed that I received from Paul today to swap with the original cluster that had the typical missing pixels column. Everything worked 100%, cluster downloaded the mileage as expected and looks great!!!

Thanks Paul!!!

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by fandsw View Post
    Just got my 530i Premium Cluster installed that I received from Paul today to swap with the original cluster that had the typical missing pixels column. Everything worked 100%, cluster downloaded the mileage as expected and looks great!!!

Thanks Paul!!!
    Excellent! With your low mileage, near-perfect car, it was only fitting that you should have a perfect cluster that won't fail you in the future. Glad I could help you out!

-Paul

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    I just made a gray face cluster with white LEDs today for a customer that looks fantastic! This is the first one I've done this way and so I wanted to share it with you guys:

Let me know what you guys think!

-Paul

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast