Thread: Leather seat replacement

My Cars
    M3

Leather seat replacement

My cousin is looking to replace the dove leather seats in his '99 328i M-Technic. He has gone the restoration route several times and it's finally time that he just replaces. What are his options out there for seat cover replacement?

Thanks!

My Cars
    94 325is+325ic, 04 330ci
    His options are somewhat limited, they do make leather repair kits (probably the cheapest route), but they will not get your seats looking up to par like you/he probably wants them, reupholstering the leather on the seats can be a pita but doable, seat covers that are made specifically for the seats are available also but they cost around 150 bucks for the front then another 150 for the back... Your best bet in my opinion is to go junk yard looking, Most junk yards have really good condition seats for 20 bucks a piece or so at a decent junk yard (that will fit in the 99 328i), more times than not they won't be vader seats if that's what he's looking for, but they will be a cheap fix to his problem - they are extremely easy seats to remove also believe you need a 16mm socket is all! Good luck

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is
    The best I've found so far is: Leather Seats. You can order the material, and if you find a good upholstery shop, they will know what to do with the seat foam, ect.
    Last edited by Beitie; 04-16-2015 at 09:12 AM.
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona (Top Banana #3874 of 4000)
    1996 BMW 328is
    1970 Dodge Dart Custom (225 Slant Six, unrestored)

My Cars
    22 doors and 4 tops
    You can install new leathers yourself. It's just time consuming. Cut out all the old hog-rings and then use zip ties to re-secure. Easy and works just fine.

My Cars
    98 Z3, 97 328i vert
    I called BMW here in Canada and I can get new leather seat covers from the Fatherland to the tune of $1200/seat. I looked at this web site as mentioned above by Beitie https://www.leatherseats.com/shop/le...rior-kits.html and there I can get a custom interior for less than one seat. Sounds almost too good to be true.

Also found this place in another post that seems very good. http://www.autoberry.com/index.php

Any other ideas.
    Last edited by catimann; 03-20-2019 at 09:39 PM. Reason: More info.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    I recently grabbed some vinyl seats from a junk yard to temporarily replace my cracked/torn leather seats. I think they were about $25 a piece. I couldn't get the whole seat out because they were electric with no battery in the car, so I just pulled off the front seat covers and cushions.