Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Headers for the S62/M62/M60 powered E39s

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T
    Quote Originally Posted by AquilaBMW View Post
    Jed - Can loan you one of my bone stock 540's. Let me know when you need it.
    Thank you for the offer Michael. I'm still waiting on the day that you get an M5.

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by evomel View Post
    Do u accept first borns with added installations lol
    Come on Man! This is for Unicorn stuff.... has to be the 7th Son of the 7th Son or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M5 Jed View Post
    Thank you for the offer Michael. I'm still waiting on the day that you get an M5.
    Got my eye on one. However, till then you can use one of the stock 540's for testing. The M-Sport is available for ya or the Black Wagon. I'd offer the Silver one, but it has high miles on that engine. Not sure that is the best for ya.

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T
    Quote Originally Posted by AquilaBMW View Post
    Come on Man! This is for Unicorn stuff.... has to be the 7th Son of the 7th Son or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my eye on one. However, till then you can use one of the stock 540's for testing. The M-Sport is available for ya or the Black Wagon. I'd offer the Silver one, but it has high miles on that engine. Not sure that is the best for ya.
    Good lord! Lmao!

My Cars
    '03 540i/6 M-tech
    These look amazing. I need a set.

Not sure if you are looking for something like this, but my boss is always looking for quality/niche products and we are top tier distributors for quite a few brands (stoptech, recaro, APR, AWE, etc.) through many outlets. Anyway, PM me if you want to talk business.

2001 330Cic/A in the same color combo is "Her" ride.

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW540san View Post
    First of all, very nice craftsmanship but do forgive my skepticism as my understanding that equal length Dinan headers are superior to Supersprint and Evolve and to have such a power gain over them and potentially 65 HP over stock headers is pretty big claim. Is there more technical data to back this up. Dyno is great but dynos can be elusive.
    I forgot to mention this in my earlier response to your post. If you want even more transparency on what the car has as far as mods are concerned, you can read the build thread below, it shows you in great detail how a gave birth to this unicorn.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39.../topics/203073

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin517 View Post
    These look amazing. I need a set.

Not sure if you are looking for something like this, but my boss is always looking for quality/niche products and we are top tier distributors for quite a few brands (stoptech, recaro, APR, AWE, etc.) through many outlets. Anyway, PM me if you want to talk business.
    Thank you for the lead Justin. I'm not at that point yet but when I do get there, I will contact you.

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    +1 for a set. I can pay using the Massage Parlor across the street from my work. Kinda like BMW euro delivery.... Fly you out, and home, and you'll need a set of new rubbers....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------Like the late Bill Paxton says repeatedly in Twister "I'm Not Back"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8e39 View Post
    I can pay using the Massage Parlor across the street from my work. Kinda like BMW euro delivery.... Fly you out, and home, and you'll need a set of new rubbers....
    I fully approve of this joke.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    2003 540MSPORT 6 #861
    I'll throw in the family dog ! Very obedient yellow lab loves M5's
    2003 540MSPORT #861/1265 -GF71249 .Black Sapphire Metallic/Sandbeige.Dinan intake~M60 manifold
    Spec racing stage 2+ clutch and custom light flywheel .M5 rear LSD 3:15~M5 driveshaft ~Rogue Octane SSK
    36K ENGINE SWAP!!!.~Rogue thrust arm bushings~Rogue studds~Dinan strut bar
    EIBACH front/rear sway bars with BEASTPOWER brackets~CDV delete~Redline fluids/Racing blue Ate~ APEX EC7 RIMS SQUARE 18 x 10's~M Pararallel rims 9.5 all around~285 30 18 rears~265 35 18 fronts~ENKIE 18x10's square with Continental Slicks 275's square~RE 11's, 595 RSR's~BC racing coil overs 8k/6K~Steel braided brake lines~Powder Coated valve covers-A1 headers 100 cell cats, performance resonator and 4
    cross tips, CUSTOM BBK - MASSIVE HATS AND BRACKETS - AERO-6 WILDWOOD-, ANODIZED CALIPERS STAINLESS STEEL PISTONS THERMAL TREATED, CUSTOM WILDWOOD ROTORS 14.50

My Cars
    Formerly 03' 540i
    Gotta put that touring rear space to use!
    2003 BMW 540i [Sterling Gray / Gray]
    [Msport] [Mods from A-Z] [Two-Tone Interior]

Stuff For Sale :
    All types of E39 OEM Used HVAC Buttons
    Other E39 Parts, see my ebay! [Click]

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    I forgot to mention this in my earlier response to your post. If you want even more transparency on what the car has as far as mods are concerned, you can read the build thread below, it shows you in great detail how a gave birth to this unicorn.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39.../topics/203073
    After reading your threads, I'm indeed impressed. My only concern with M62 would be the lower redline which would really work against taking full advantage of the headers. On the other hand, compared to Supersprint and Evolve, it seems that M62 would benefit more from yours due to your clever design. If possible, I'd love to see the dyno on M62 before and after. Again, very impressed and I wish you all the best.

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T
    +1 for a set. I can pay using the Massage Parlor across the street from my work. Kinda like BMW euro delivery.... Fly you out, and home, and you'll need a set of new rubbers....
    Lol! Only issue I see with that is the steel mill that produces the tubing would not accept massages as payment as well. Perhaps if it's with a happy ending they might.

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T
    I love dogs! But I hate hate hate cleaning up after them.

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T
    Quote Originally Posted by Dking078 View Post
    Gotta put that touring rear space to use!
    The touring's cargo area is for hauling unicorns only.

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW540san View Post
    After reading your threads, I'm indeed impressed. My only concern with M62 would be the lower redline which would really work against taking full advantage of the headers. On the other hand, compared to Supersprint and Evolve, it seems that M62 would benefit more from yours due to your clever design. If possible, I'd love to see the dyno on M62 before and after. Again, very impressed and I wish you all the best.
    It will be certainly interesting to see the effects of these headers on the M6x engines. When I get to that point, for sure I will share with you all my findings. Thank you!

My Cars
    Canada
    beautiful headers. How many hours did you put into them?

My Cars
    2003 540MSPORT 6 #861
    You'd love this lab she cleans up behind herself she even washes cars
    2003 540MSPORT #861/1265 -GF71249 .Black Sapphire Metallic/Sandbeige.Dinan intake~M60 manifold
    Spec racing stage 2+ clutch and custom light flywheel .M5 rear LSD 3:15~M5 driveshaft ~Rogue Octane SSK
    36K ENGINE SWAP!!!.~Rogue thrust arm bushings~Rogue studds~Dinan strut bar
    EIBACH front/rear sway bars with BEASTPOWER brackets~CDV delete~Redline fluids/Racing blue Ate~ APEX EC7 RIMS SQUARE 18 x 10's~M Pararallel rims 9.5 all around~285 30 18 rears~265 35 18 fronts~ENKIE 18x10's square with Continental Slicks 275's square~RE 11's, 595 RSR's~BC racing coil overs 8k/6K~Steel braided brake lines~Powder Coated valve covers-A1 headers 100 cell cats, performance resonator and 4
    cross tips, CUSTOM BBK - MASSIVE HATS AND BRACKETS - AERO-6 WILDWOOD-, ANODIZED CALIPERS STAINLESS STEEL PISTONS THERMAL TREATED, CUSTOM WILDWOOD ROTORS 14.50

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Lol! Only issue I see with that is the steel mill that produces the tubing would not accept massages as payment as well. Perhaps if it's with a happy ending they might.
    I'll call and find out. Seems like we're just about there deal wise.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------Like the late Bill Paxton says repeatedly in Twister "I'm Not Back"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    Absolutely beautiful work mate! I followed your thread on M5board as well, you do incredible work.

If I wasn't trying to keep my M5 stock, these heads would be very high on my list of first modifications to do.

I will have to consider equal length headers when I do my super custom head build I am planning for a 318ti.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    LOL. Get 'er dun.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    When you call ask them if you can get longer pre-bent sections to cut down on the build time for M5 Jed.
    Last edited by JimLev; 04-17-2015 at 06:16 AM.

My Cars
    01 749iM/6 sporty
    Of course you need to check to make sure they fit an E38 also, and as a bonus the performance for the S62 can be confirmed also

And slightly off topic.... But will the unicorn headers be displayed in the back of the unicorn wagon at Bimmerfest next month?
    Last edited by 007008; 04-17-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    Trevor
    01 749i sporty, build 12/00 "Sports Barge",S62
    92 VW Corrado VR6,AAA
    81 Delorean,B28F
    81 VW Rabbit Pickup 1.8T,AWW
    03 VW Passat wagon 4.0 W8 6spd

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    When you call ask them if you can get longer pre-bent sections to cut down on the build time for M5 Jed.
    I have a feeling the myriad of asian "masseuse's" could also help with the labor. I have been told they can lengthen all kinds of pre-bent sections. u kno what im sayin Jed..... Lets have an overseas operation right here we can call them the Unicorn squad or Jed's Angels or the M5 whores.... whatever its your choice. Gettin closer.... I smell a deal.

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T

Unicorn Headers for the S62/M62/M60 powered E39s

Quote Originally Posted by 007008 View Post
    Of course you need to check to make sure they fit an E38 also, and as a bonus the performance for the S62 can be confirmed also

And slightly off topic.... But will the unicorn headers be displayed in the back of the unicorn wagon at Bimmerfest next month?
    Just in theory, the headers should fit the E38 simply because it's wider. The side rails are further apart. However, the question is the area around the bell housing. I'm not sure how aggressive the curve of the sheet metal is on the e38 from the firewall down to the floor. We'll find out soon enough. The brilliant part of the design of the headers, since it's modular, if for some reason there are clearance issues, only the secondary pipes will need redesigning. The primaries will work for sure.

As much as I'd like to have these headers on display, it's the only set in existence. If I take them off, the unicorn would have to be running on stock headers. I'm still working on a tune so I can't remove them yet.
    Last edited by M5 Jed; 04-18-2015 at 10:46 PM.

My Cars
    2000 Dinan S2 M5T
    I have a feeling the myriad of asian "masseuse's" could also help with the labor. I have been told they can lengthen all kinds of pre-bent sections. u kno what im sayin Jed..... Lets have an overseas operation right here we can call them the Unicorn squad or Jed's Angels or the M5 whores.... whatever its your choice. Gettin closer.... I smell a deal.
    Lmao!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast