My Cars
    2013 BMW X3 28i

2013 BMW X3 28i Rattle noise coming from the panoramic sunroof area

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post in this forum so I apologize in advance if I'm not posting in the right area

Few days ago I purchased a certified pre-owned 2013 BMW X3. It is loaded with all the packages including M3 Sports package. It has 47K miles. The additional warranty covers the vehicle until 100K miles. The original warranty still has almost 3K miles. I also purchased a maintenance package. So far I love this car!

So here is my question. When the panoramic sunroof cover is open, but sunroof is closed, I noticed a rattle sound coming from the area where the 2 glass parts of sunroof meet. I've read that this is a common problem with panoramic sunroof. I've mentioned the noise to the salesperson and was recommended to schedule an appointment with servicing. The appointment is in few days.

Will the warranty cover any fixes?
    Any recommendations you can provide are greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!

My Cars
    2015 BMW X3

Rattling Panoramic Roof

I have the same problem with my 2015 BMW X3. Were you able to figure out the problem and is it covered under warranty? Would be helpful to know.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM3 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first post in this forum so I apologize in advance if I'm not posting in the right area

Few days ago I purchased a certified pre-owned 2013 BMW X3. It is loaded with all the packages including M3 Sports package. It has 47K miles. The additional warranty covers the vehicle until 100K miles. The original warranty still has almost 3K miles. I also purchased a maintenance package. So far I love this car!

So here is my question. When the panoramic sunroof cover is open, but sunroof is closed, I noticed a rattle sound coming from the area where the 2 glass parts of sunroof meet. I've read that this is a common problem with panoramic sunroof. I've mentioned the noise to the salesperson and was recommended to schedule an appointment with servicing. The appointment is in few days.

Will the warranty cover any fixes?
    Any recommendations you can provide are greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!